PDA

View Full Version : well thats that

Maleek
05-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Never thought id say this but as of 15 mins ago..my car is written off. Steering wheel locked up ( why i dont know ) and sent me into a ditch.

pics to come...maybe after im done crying

PhillyDRFT
05-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Very Very shitty!

Sorry to hear about your loss. You walked away and thats the best you can ask for.

Maleek
05-21-2008, 11:44 PM
I guess. Im going to get raped by insurance, probably have license removed

Lonestag
05-22-2008, 12:04 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that man, I hope it turns out ok for you dude.

PhillyDRFT
05-22-2008, 12:32 AM
I guess. Im going to get raped by insurance, probably have license removed

Nah, I mean you didn't tell the whole story. I assume you weren't street racing or anything.

If it was really a mechanical failure and you took full fault for it. your rates may go up a little but you'll be ok.

Care to tell us a story?

VikingJZ
05-22-2008, 01:06 AM
I highly doubt you will have your license suspended. Rates may go up $15 per billing statement, but I think that's it.

Cops can be forgiving or shitty. This winter my girlfriend's friend slid off the road in the snow, and hit a barbed-wire fence. It messed her car up a little bit but caused no damage to property other than the fence and her car (Farmer even said he didn't care). No cop in sight, but he came, yelled at her, and gave her a ticket for "unsafe driving for conditions." It was bullshit. I called and spoke with the chief and voiced my concern that the officer was unprofessional and that it really shows that small town cops have nothing to do but harass young people and remedy their boredom by so. She got the ticket removed at the court with a written statement from the chief I spoke to. He also wrote her an apology...twas hilarious.

You're in Canadia though so your laws are most likely different. I would still explain to the courts if you do have your license suspended that the car was old and it suffered a previously unknown mechanical error. How is your driving record? If its clean they might look more favorably on you. Obviously, you're more believable if you have a spotless record or one with one ticket that wasn't wreckless driving. Do research on your laws in your province, go to your local cop station and talk with one of your public servants about the laws and what you can do--explain what happened to them. Sometimes they might help you out if they aren't a complete douchetool.

Maleek
05-22-2008, 01:24 AM
Story is as follows

Leaving school parking lot like any other day. In highschool the youngings dont really pay attention to whats around, so of course some little girl ran across, gave me a little scare, but i caught her in time. Anyway, her moms van was pulled out just enough so i couldnt get around her. After a couple minutes of waiting, and seeing no signs of this van moving, i decided to reverse and go around. For whatever reason, when the parking lot was made, it was made with a ditch. Anyway, while reversing i started to approch the ditch. by the time i had reliased it was too late. Car sank in, i hit the brakes but nothing, thats when the steering wheel locked up, and i knew i was done for. And trust me, this ditch is really hard to see, stupid story i know. Flame on:(

VikingJZ
05-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Hey it happens