PDA

View Full Version : make clear tail lights

spaztheweird1
05-20-2008, 08:19 PM
heres a nice write up on making clear tail lights its a for a 6 gen so don't know if it will work but figured i would share i wish there was more pic's

how to make clear lights (http://www.6gc.net/howto/make_clear_tail_lights)

VikingJZ
05-20-2008, 08:45 PM
I hate clear tails.

There is a Honda Accordion running around my campus that I see with completely clear tails and they look like butt. The bulbs are all clear normal bulbs and serve no purpose at all.

Don't do this

spaztheweird1
05-20-2008, 08:52 PM
all clear yea they look funny but all clear is a base for making tail lights that look different and arent the played out Altezza lights i think every car in the world that want to think its sport get those i seen a 86 mustand with them (GAY!!!!!!!)

celicaGT90_05
05-20-2008, 08:55 PM
clear tails can look good if used right, but ones like that I've always hated.

Slider
05-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Clears got played out before Altezzas, first every ricer had clears, then Altezzas became the new rage. Both look ugly IMO

celicaGT90_05
05-20-2008, 09:20 PM
toyota altezza was the start of clear tails dontcha know? Thats why they are referred to as altezza's. Theres no difference between "clear" and altezza's except for the instance of these tail lights that he posted

vip09
05-20-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm pretty sure these were "cool" about ten years ago. :cool:

METDeath
05-20-2008, 11:44 PM
It can look good, but you need to paint them to match the car.

spaztheweird1
05-20-2008, 11:52 PM
i posted this cause with all clear light the you can paint them all red or something i just posted since there clear you can make them to have any style say on a black car paint them black ... and have a realy clear plastic and them it will look one of a kind

505celicaGT
05-21-2008, 12:15 AM
can get the vh paint to smoke em....ha.. that guy should sell it for the sake of being a toyota and buy a CAV..
(oooH 184th post <3)

Futant3
05-21-2008, 04:28 AM
That is really lame looking but I'm with you on the basic idea. Use a smooth material instead of that dimple crap and then paint it.

sheep
05-21-2008, 05:56 AM
problem with around where i live is high way patrol loves to find cars with blacked out tails, i looked into it to try and even out the white with the window tint i had going on since i didnt do black rims

Murgatroy
05-21-2008, 08:43 AM
I say go for it.

If that is what you want for your car, do it.

I think the biggest problem we are getting into lately is 'telling' someone how they should build their car.

It may not by my cup of tea, or the next member's either. But if someone wants to slap a body kit on their car, paint it Gucci patterns and roll with some 22"s on an air ride suspension. Hell, go for it. It is your car.

If we all keep demanding that everyone does an RC/CS conversion with no kit and 17" rims, we have done nothing but create a set of cookie cutter Celicas.

Sure, this is how we have decided we like our Celicas to look, but some folks might be into the whole body kit and large wing thing. If we tell everyone not to follow their imaginations and try new things, we have effectively just neutered our community and it will never grow to be any different than it already it.

This goes for suspension set-ups, body modifications and engine modifications.

We answer every post with 'swap a 3SGTE.' We have members with built 5SFEs, 3SGEs of different revisions, 1MZFEs, 4AGEs and so forth.

We need to try to get some more diversity going here.

In short, stop shooting down everyone else's ideas because it is not what you would do to your Celica.

CriScO
05-21-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm with Murg, there has been way too much blasting ideas without answering questions lately. If you have an answer to what's being asked then by all means state your opinion, but after you answer the original question. I guess this one didn't really have a question, but you get the idea. Anyway, I'm not a mod so I'll shut up now, after leaving with this:

Thanks for the link Spaz, I personally don't like how his look but that gives a little insight on methods that could be used with a different plastics. There was actually a much more in depth article on 4gcelica.net years ago, I wish it was one of the things I'd saved.

wizzards581
05-21-2008, 04:27 PM
i would be interested if someone can make the orange signal corners clear so i can throw in the orange bulbs in.

VikingJZ
05-21-2008, 04:47 PM
I still hate when people call the car Alteeesa. Is it that hard to pronounce things today? Alteeesa, Tibyuron, Hayunday, etc

Jimminy xmas

Anyway...I just think that the clear/chrome/carbon fiber tails are played out like Lambo doors. I hate that the Lexus RX has the chrome tails. If I had one I would open them and red them out, or something like that.

On fifth gens I like smoked or red out tails depending on the color of the car.

We are judging people a lot lately. I'm guilty of it too though. Club Lexus does this all the time, but their reasoning is that it isn't a Civic and you should do it this way. For example, today I saw a person post their MINT 93 SC400 that they have owned since new. No mods whatsoever. Because it didn't have the complete 1997+ conversion, it got struck down by a few people. Any Ebay parts are struck (They don't even allow links to Ebay when posting for advice--because you may try to sell the item). Its nerve racking, but their isn't another good forum out there with as fast or knowledgeable replies from people.

ciento44
05-21-2008, 05:06 PM
It can look good, but you need to paint them to match the car.

yep, i was interested in doing this just so i could get a true black out with no red tint on the rear lights.

VikingJZ
05-21-2008, 05:22 PM
^might look good like that, but I have seen them done by replacing them with acryclic plastic taken from your average fluorescent light covers.

Fuelish
05-25-2008, 04:21 AM
Great points, Mr Murg .... carry on, sir :cool:
I say go for it.

If that is what you want for your car, do it.

I think the biggest problem we are getting into lately is 'telling' someone how they should build their car.

It may not by my cup of tea, or the next member's either. But if someone wants to slap a body kit on their car, paint it Gucci patterns and roll with some 22"s on an air ride suspension. Hell, go for it. It is your car.

If we all keep demanding that everyone does an RC/CS conversion with no kit and 17" rims, we have done nothing but create a set of cookie cutter Celicas.

Sure, this is how we have decided we like our Celicas to look, but some folks might be into the whole body kit and large wing thing. If we tell everyone not to follow their imaginations and try new things, we have effectively just neutered our community and it will never grow to be any different than it already it.

This goes for suspension set-ups, body modifications and engine modifications.

We answer every post with 'swap a 3SGTE.' We have members with built 5SFEs, 3SGEs of different revisions, 1MZFEs, 4AGEs and so forth.

We need to try to get some more diversity going here.

In short, stop shooting down everyone else's ideas because it is not what you would do to your Celica.