PDA

View Full Version : trying to kill a 7th gen celica......

celicatrd93
05-19-2008, 01:01 AM
came across this on youtube, this guy is reving his motor for at least 2 minutes on his 00+ celica and he gets a crowd of people checking it out like its a cool thing.dont know what really his point is to doing this? maybe trying to see his motor limits. whatever it is talk about a dumb ass. check it out guys what you think?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hn6a2DN6KNw&feature=related

METDeath
05-19-2008, 01:43 AM
I was going to say... if you want to kill a 7th gen, just mis-shift it...

KoreanJoey
05-19-2008, 08:52 AM
came across this on youtube, this guy is reving his motor for at least 2 minutes on his 00+ celica and he gets a crowd of people checking it out like its a cool thing.dont know what really his point is to doing this? maybe trying to see his motor limits. whatever it is talk about a dumb ass. check it out guys what you think?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hn6a2DN6KNw&feature=related

Um... you know there's a rev limit for a reason right?

Dude I RIDE the rev limiter when I autocross, usually it isn't worth it to shift cause you'll probably lose more time shifting than if you just stay in 2nd.

I've held 2nd gear at the rev limiter for probably 20-30seconds before and that's 4-5 times in 2 hours or so.

It's fine, not going to hurt anything while you're driving. BUT the engine might overheat since the car's not moving.

505celicaGT
05-19-2008, 01:38 PM
maybe he wants a new motor under warranty?! idk. thats pretty dumb to do that

Mr Celica
05-20-2008, 02:50 AM
pretty sure free revving an engine is a lot different than driving it at the rev limiter under power

celicatrd93
05-22-2008, 03:42 PM
yeah joey i know there is a rev limiter, i have a celica and so does my roomate...even if it does not hurt the car whats the point of doing that. and yeah metdeath what to ruin that motor i a heart beat MISSHIFT THAT BIATCH!!!!

andy
05-23-2008, 06:13 AM
hitting the rev limiter still and moving is the same, once it hits your no longer under load. no acceleration. no harm doing that I hit my 8400 rev limiter 3 times today! yay!