PDA

View Full Version : Toyota rally car?

CollapsedNut
05-18-2008, 06:43 AM
Hey guys, Im bored. Was on youtube watching rally vids. I didnt see anything toyota in the race and I cant think of any production rally cars from toyota in the past few years. I saw a clip of a matrix at a sema show but is it going ot happen? I'd liek to see toyota make another all-trac.

3SmeCaptain
05-18-2008, 09:34 PM
last i knew, Toyota left the rally scene a long time ago to focus on the formula scene. if anything you'll be seeing the Calidan if they do ever go back. who knows, maybe when ever they decide to bring the supra back, maybe they will do a complete remodel and make it an AWD rally based.

you'll only know when they announce it. other wise, not gonna happen.

Murgatroy
05-18-2008, 09:38 PM
They ran the Corolla for years after the Celica.

CelicaHero
05-29-2008, 06:15 AM
i'd be pumped if toyota brought back the gt-4. but that would say toyota was cool again. in the past few years toyota has really disappointed me. they have no cars i would buy now. mr2 is gone not that the last gen was that amazing. celicas are gone, which the 7th gen kinda sucked i think because a gt-4 could stomp it out. plus i'm getting sick of FWD cars.(i still give props to 7th gen though) supra's are gone but they might come back but will probably cost as much as the new gt-r's. i wish a was like ten years older so i could have enjoyed the toyota's of the nineties because there so damn hard to find now. i love my 92 gt but my dream car is a fifth gen gt-4. i actually drove 3 hours strait to look at one for sale only to turn around after 20 minutes and go home because it was way over priced. they wanted 6000 for it and the tranny was almost shot it had 130000 miles on it the body needed some work the pop-up lights needed a new motor and the stereo was obviously stolen. i would have loved to fix it up but it was double blue book for good condition and i dont have that much $. i just wish they would remake the old ones but that will never happen.

KoreanJoey
05-29-2008, 07:47 AM
Fastest vehicle toyota currently has in the lineup on a road course is a Tacoma X-Runner...

no shit.

CollapsedNut
01-17-2010, 03:10 AM
*Casting ressurection on thread*
*Ressurection sucessfull*
HAI GUYS!
I see more stuff on the Matrix.

CollapsedNut
01-17-2010, 03:13 AM
Not really tho. Damnit. I want a new toyota AWD rally. Kinda sad in 2009, people were still having to use the gt-4, now its a great car but..cmon.

85gtsblackman
01-17-2010, 05:55 AM
if subarus never had poor head gaskets or glass transmissions they would have been perfect

VikingJZ
01-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Toyota just needs something that doesn't strictly appeal to those receiving Social Security and playing bingo at the VFW on Wednesday nights.

They ran a Caldina I believe for a bit and then dumped rally all together in favor of Takuma Sato and a mediocre F1 team.

The FT-86 needs to come out nao. Call it a Celica, or a Trueno.

Nitro_Alltrac
01-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Word is that after the withdrawl from F1, they are looking at going back to WRC. The rules package changes in a year or two where the standard car will be the current Group N, I think it is. Supposedly they will still be turbo and awd but the engine is smaller, less power, less cost. It won't cost Toyota nearly as much as F1. I haven't heard anything on the car they might use.

Also keep in mind, they make a lot of cars that we don't see here. Like somebody said earlier, they ran ran a European Corolla in the final years of participation. It was nothing like the one we got hear. It will be interesting to see where this goes and if we get copies of the car they chose to run.

cms-gt4
01-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Toyota still rallies. Just not in the WRC. TTA (Toyota Team Australia) runs a corolla with gtfour power train and a custom center and front LSD.

http://www.trd.com.au/TRD/#main/motorsport/rally

andy
01-17-2010, 07:33 PM
you can still buy this one

http://pics.towerhobbies.com/imagel/t/ltamc0076.jpg

cms-gt4
01-18-2010, 01:24 AM
Yeah, but as a fwd eco box.