PDA

View Full Version : problem with my girls car

spaztheweird1
05-17-2008, 05:35 PM
yea my girl has a mx-5 not a celica but maybe you guys could help it was over heating so we took it over two weeks like 5 times to shop and over a grand later its still over heating but once it gets to high now it drops down and goes back up we had the fan replaced the fluided the thermostat and radiator what else could it be it has never done this in the 10 years her and her mom had the car could it be a senor?? is the a senor that reads heat?? or could it be the water pump ??i need help i spnt more money then i think i need to

liplip
05-17-2008, 06:51 PM
The problem is its not a toyota.

spaztheweird1
05-17-2008, 07:24 PM
haha nice .. i asked a ? cause im lost and figured hey they seem pretty cool and most seem to know what there talking about so i figured i would ask ...but nah i guss since its not a toyota no one can help nice .. at least i was honest and didnt lie and say it was a toyota but what ever

Gary
05-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Losing any coolant?
When was the last time you replace the radiator cap?

3SmeCaptain
05-17-2008, 08:43 PM
you say 10 years... exactly how long has that car been with your family and had it been a used car before you bought it aswell? how many miles are on it and has it gone through a rebuild or had ANY other maintenance done to it other then oil changes, fluid checks and spark plug replacements?

celicaGT90_05
05-17-2008, 09:15 PM
does the car overheat on the highway? Also, you forgot the possibility of the cooling fan relay

spaztheweird1
05-17-2008, 09:27 PM
my girl takes it to the shop every 3,000 miles for the basic shit it all been replaces so im guessing the relay idk it over heats when driving on high way and street it climbs to high and sits there for about 3 mins then drops back down to middle then starts to climb back up