PDA

View Full Version : 93 gts vs 1994 rustang haha

5gen91st
05-08-2008, 02:32 PM
okay so im getting a 93 gts 5 spd manual with short ram air intake and a short throw shifter and my friend has a 1994 mustang automatic with no mods v6 but im not sure but anywho
could i keep up or even take it?

CPincy
05-10-2008, 11:26 PM
okay so im getting a 93 gts 5 spd manual with short ram air intake and a short throw shifter and my friend has a 1994 mustang automatic with no mods v6 but im not sure but anywho
could i keep up or even take it?

V6 mustang? you would take it. Even my saturn can beat them :laugh:

Cavanagh
05-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Go find out.

METDeath
05-11-2008, 12:54 AM
That mustang should have an Essex engine, Ford's POS 140HP V6 that they put in a bunch of FR cars, back when I had my Thunderchicken (V6 auto) a friend in a 94 Celica GT (manual) kept up with me, probably would have beat me if it wasn't from a rolling start.

Mr Celica
05-11-2008, 04:32 AM
ya itsthe 3.8L V6 found in teh taurus and sable. no oomph whatsoever. you'll hopefuly beat it

celicaGT90_05
05-11-2008, 05:47 AM
well let me tell you this, I've already killed a few V6 stangs of that gen no problem with the celi, so yes you would take it. Even beat one that sounded quite mean and had a good amount of go power, not sure what it was powered by, but it was quite funny to pass the guy, him look over with the expression of "ahhhh crap" lol

5gen91st
05-12-2008, 02:15 PM
hah alright well ill get a video up for when it happens hopefully soon and ill let you know teh results

jokersall
05-17-2008, 03:49 AM
i know its sad to say but im helping my friend drop a new motor in her stang so she can keep up with us

5gen91st
05-18-2008, 05:40 AM
^^haha thats funny man!

so I finally sold my st tonight for 900. Ill have the gts within the next couple of days.

VikingJZ
05-19-2008, 11:36 PM
I beat a 95 Mustang V6 under 1/4 throttle and didn't even know I was racing...lol.

I'm at a stop light and I hear this guy revving his engine, look over, and he's nodding his head. I shook mine in humor and the light turned green, took off barely getting on it and he punched it all the way and was running slightly behind until I let off. I then saw him at AutoZone and he said, "DUDE, what is in that thing?" I was like...."an inline 6...and were you trying to race me?"

He didn't say anything and looked completely puzzled.

made my day.

the 99-04 Stangs have a better engine and you won't have a chance.

My SC would still say roflcopter to them, but a Celica says aw come on.

5gen91st
05-27-2008, 02:19 PM
^^hah good deal good deal

well he is asing people on his mustang forums to see what they think? so ill let you know what they say but anywho i got the gts friday and im putting in a new head gasket and then it will all go down

extremeskillz
05-27-2008, 02:55 PM
sad we are talking about v6 mustangs. how about a challenge and race v8 mustangs you turbo guys??! I like the GT and cobra mustangs of new.

spaztheweird1
05-27-2008, 04:36 PM
as long as you don't miss a gear and he doesn't try to power shift the auto you should be good but my sis had on in first and second they got not bad power they lose it later .. as for the v8 part .... i was beat by a alltrac by under half a car and it didn't sound stock and i was. mustang v8 even stock ones have a alot of torque i had only 200 hp but was walking new srt-4 and i was a 86 5.0 sad to say thats not easy i was beat once they made all the bigger turbos easier to get on them cant touch them but back tot he point 3s-gte alltrac or not if you got balls run a older body v8

my baby all stock automatic (only stock cause gas isn't cheap) got her for 1000 and she ran up until a yr ago so i had her about 5yrs (tranny went and didn't have the money to fix)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/spaztheweird1/ygpE843.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/spaztheweird1/ygpE84C.jpg

ciento44
05-27-2008, 05:24 PM
^^hah good deal good deal

well he is asing people on his mustang forums to see what they think? so ill let you know what they say but anywho i got the gts friday and im putting in a new head gasket and then it will all go down

I hope you win, but my money and my mouth is on the Mustang.

5gen91st
05-27-2008, 06:06 PM
well thanks ciento ill take a video when it all go's down

ciento44
05-27-2008, 06:37 PM
well thanks ciento ill take a video when it all go's down

It's ok.... i still <3 you lol.

GT-S is too heavy to do anything with the stock weaksauce 5sfe.

Borrow a nitrous kit and spray a 50 shot or something. :hehe:

5gen91st
05-27-2008, 09:09 PM
:naughty:
It's ok.... i still <3 you lol.

GT-S is too heavy to do anything with the stock weaksauce 5sfe.

Borrow a nitrous kit and spray a 50 shot or something. :hehe:
yayy! :naughty:

hah im looking for a 3sgte from a 6th gen and its not going so good. well i find lots of them on ebay its just the corner isnt going to well this time of year=(

hah yeah and if i get nitro i would end up looking like this....http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb186/sxrolemodelxp/r8-burnt-rear.jpg
lol

beingblueeyes
06-06-2008, 08:35 PM
i think i read that the stang was an auto some were.... whatís the stock stall speed of the converter on that year stang? it should be a close race but im going to go ahead and give it to the stang. and now my reasoning, 2 years ago my friend raced a celica I dont know gens (one of the ones with the round head lights with a 5s in it with con filter and fart can)in his 3.8 t bird with an auto trans. t bird didnít lunch it and left the trans in drive and didnít power shift and the t bird won by 1-3/4 car with my also in the t bird (+220 lbs man extra) im sure if he hade lunched it from max stall from stock tq conver he would have won by more. but good luck

juggernaut
06-25-2008, 10:22 PM
the stang will get you off the line mainly because it is an auto, but i think if you can shift precisely, you can run him down an get him.

5gen91st
06-29-2008, 02:28 AM
hah well the day i got my gts it blew up on the way bringing it home! so guess what i just got.... a 94 gt celica! with a fidanza flywheel, exedy stage 2 clutch, short ram air intake, and a short throw shifter! only 1600 and its in great shape!

Chris
06-29-2008, 04:10 AM
i think i read that the stang was an auto some were.... whatís the stock stall speed of the converter on that year stang? it should be a close race but im going to go ahead and give it to the stang. and now my reasoning, 2 years ago my friend raced a celica I dont know gens (one of the ones with the round head lights with a 5s in it with con filter and fart can)in his 3.8 t bird with an auto trans. t bird didnít lunch it and left the trans in drive and didnít power shift and the t bird won by 1-3/4 car with my also in the t bird (+220 lbs man extra) im sure if he hade lunched it from max stall from stock tq conver he would have won by more. but good luck

You're missing a lot of details on the Celica here. Was it an auto? How skilled was the driver?

That kind of personal anecdote doesn't really prove anything man, since you're leaving out a lot of important factors about the other day.

beingblueeyes
06-29-2008, 02:23 PM
You're missing a lot of details on the Celica here. Was it an auto? How skilled was the driver?

That kind of personal anecdote doesn't really prove anything man, since you're leaving out a lot of important factors about the other day.

I donít remember if its an auto or a 5 speed, and with the power put-put of a na 5s with the mods it hade its not like grip would have been a problem even in fist gear. so that would just leave reaction time and since it was from a street light you dont have the count down like on a tree so both of there reaction times should/would be with in 1/4 of a sec of each other. he wanted to know if he could beet a v6 auto stang in his car and by reading over the rest of the post my "personal anecdote" was the closest thing Iíve read that really happened to give him a approximation of what would happen

Chris
06-29-2008, 07:54 PM
I've read stories of the races going either way. And hell, it's hard to even find a reliable 1/4th time for a Celica, or for a 94 V6 mustang. For the Celica 5SFE I've seen anywhere from a low 17 to a mid 16. Same for some of the V6 Mustangs/Camaros/Firebirds. Low 18s all the way down to low 16s.

Even in this thread there's several different answers to whether this guy is gonna win or lose, all backed by stories. There's really too many variables for this guy to get a definite answer.

So I'd say that the only way to find out is for this guy to just get out there and do it, (hopefully at a track.)

beingblueeyes
06-29-2008, 09:33 PM
So I'd say that the only way to find out is for this guy to just get out there and do it, (hopefully at a track.)

2ed

T-spoon
06-30-2008, 07:54 AM
I donít remember if its an auto or a 5 speed, and with the power put-put of a na 5s with the mods it hade its not like grip would have been a problem even in fist gear.

Are you joking? I had no trouble getting wheel spin and tire hop (depending on how good the tires at the time were) in my 94 Celica 5s. I would think you would know that the meat of the power output from a 5s IS at low end, torque and FWD = tricky launches. Maybe the weight of your camry makes it a dog off the line but in celicas after the tires catch in first and second is where the best pull is going to come. I personally jumped all over several V6 mustangs from various generations in that Celica, up to the speed limit, I never tried one at 100MPH :burn:

ciento44
06-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Are you joking? I had no trouble getting wheel spin and tire hop (depending on how good the tires at the time were) in my 94 Celica 5s. I would think you would know that the meat of the power output from a 5s IS at low end, torque and FWD = tricky launches. Maybe the weight of your camry makes it a dog off the line but in celicas after the tires catch in first and second is where the best pull is going to come. I personally jumped all over several V6 mustangs from various generations in that Celica, up to the speed limit, I never tried one at 100MPH :burn:

2nded.

Once you figure out how to launch them, little bastards will move out of the hole pretty well. Spin into second pretty good if you shift really hard, too.

beingblueeyes
06-30-2008, 09:46 PM
yea shes a lard ass but i love her:)

juggernaut
07-07-2008, 04:16 AM
I donít remember if its an auto or a 5 speed, and with the power put-put of a na 5s with the mods it had its not like grip would have been a problem even in fist gear. i beg to differ. back when my car was stock, i chained it to my friends tuck off of my trailer hitch, and got it to bake tire in 2nd gear. 3rd was too large of a jump, but right now with the mods i have, i occasionally will lay a slab in 1st by accident, and ive chirped 2nd gear without trying to a couple times.