PDA

View Full Version : wrecking a few audi r8's for the iron man movie....

celicatrd93
05-08-2008, 01:57 AM
found this, really interesting to see, they tryed to get the r8 to flip, in the scene where the r8 hits to robot. it did not flip so they tryed again and kept wrecking for audi's. check it out what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pau8D24asjs

donteatbugs
05-08-2008, 03:27 AM
i could have done it the first time if they had given me the rest of them.

celicatrd93
05-08-2008, 05:39 AM
sucks how they wrecked all of those poor audi's, wonder where they went. love how they good not flip the car, so they kept on trying and keep on wrecking those audi's. come to find out they cant flip them, hehehe

celicaGT90_05
05-08-2008, 05:44 AM
its also funny how they couldnt just tear open the roof lol

celicatrd93
05-08-2008, 05:58 AM
o yeah forgot about that to. hehehehehe

MrWOT
05-08-2008, 07:09 AM
Meh, I call BS, I think this is marketing crap they were paid to do by Audi or the guys who set it up were just retarded/didnt know what they were doing. Not like there is a massive automatic stabilizing wing or some shit on the car to keep it from flipping OFF A RAMP. And they certainly didn't build it out of tungsten carbide to keep the roof from tearing. So yeah.... :bs:

T-spoon
05-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Meh, I call BS, I think this is marketing crap they were paid to do by Audi or the guys who set it up were just retarded/didnt know what they were doing. Not like there is a massive automatic stabilizing wing or some shit on the car to keep it from flipping OFF A RAMP. And they certainly didn't build it out of tungsten carbide to keep the roof from tearing. So yeah.... :bs:

I saw no ramp, I just saw them plowing into an obstruction over and over like a crash test. And ripping the roof.. well yeah, it was tearing all right, but I think it was just tearing at the points of the claws which to me looks less strong than more. If it were a sturdy sheet for the roof panel then if you cut it the length of the roof it's going to pull apart unless the actual roof panel material is not very strong on it's own in which case it will tear at the points of pressure like it was doing. It may still be strong, but only as a whole, which is really all you can expect from unibody cars anyhow. I'm also dubious, but hey, whatever :)

3SmeCaptain
05-10-2008, 11:11 PM
if you've ever done any research on the R8, you'll find that it's a mid engine mount specifically designed NOT to roll over, even when it wrecks. also, do know MANY people under-estimate the strength of metal.