PDA

View Full Version : in loving memory of...

sheep
05-05-2008, 06:34 AM
my car... some ass decided to drive after leaving a bar drunk as hell and then blew a red light. i would have pics but my camera was in the glove box and was smashed to bits when i finally got the glove box open, havent been on the forums for a while been busy dealing with the insurence company, doctor bills and work iv gone straight to bed right after i got home every night. my new ride is a 92 chevy pick em up truck, decided to go for a truck this time for camping and stuff, i have no doubt in my mind that i will someday own another celica but probably as a second vehicle. ill probably still pop in on the forums every once in a while. thanks to everyone that helped me with my car. spent a good amount of cash on her before she got smashed to bits and only had her for about 4 months and still had a few things to go and she would of been all finished. just thought i would let you guys know that i didnt just bail on ya lol, guess i wont be needing that power mirror anymore lol

celicaGT90_05
05-05-2008, 06:45 AM
holy crap that sucks! That celica was nice :( well whatever happens good luck, glad you're at least doin ok

Ghosty
05-05-2008, 06:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear that... as long as you're ok though. You are ok, right?

sheep
05-05-2008, 07:04 AM
yeah im doing fine, had some problems with the insurence companies, not all there fault, storys got mixed around so i had to go back and forth between the arresting officer of the guy who hit me, the judge that locked the guy who hit me up and the insurence company, but everything worked out ok had a concusion and a banged up arm, guy who hit me had a scratch on his forehead...

Cavanagh
05-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Wow, im sorry to hear! The most important thing is that you are ok.

T-spoon
05-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Yet another Celi killed by a drunk. RIP. :(

geebes
05-05-2008, 05:14 PM
yeah im doing fine, had some problems with the insurence companies, not all there fault, storys got mixed around so i had to go back and forth between the arresting officer of the guy who hit me, the judge that locked the guy who hit me up and the insurence company, but everything worked out ok had a concusion and a banged up arm, guy who hit me had a scratch on his forehead...
call the insurance commissioner!

sheep
05-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Wow, im sorry to hear! The most important thing is that you are ok.

yeah could of been alot worce, if anyone was sitting in the passenger seat then they probably wouldnt of lived. guess i just have to move on and hope that guy learns his lesson, even tho the odds are he will do it again once he gets out

tuner4life
05-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Dang, that sucks. Sorry to hear that

Nitro_Alltrac
05-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Man, sorry to hear about your car. It great that you're OK though.

i-love-jdm
05-07-2008, 05:42 AM
that sucks man, good to hear your ok though.

celicaGT90_05
05-07-2008, 08:23 AM

ouch, concusions suck...had one once, wasnt fun. Nothing serious though, right? That guy is lucky he didnt kill you, he'd never get over the fact, but watch him do the same thing after he gets out since you didnt die...

sheep
05-07-2008, 11:12 PM
ouch, concusions suck...had one once, wasnt fun. Nothing serious though, right? That guy is lucky he didnt kill you, he'd never get over the fact, but watch him do the same thing after he gets out since you didnt die...

i guess this isnt the first time he has hit someone while DUI so the judge locked him up for 18 months, of coarse i think it should be like 5 years but thats just me. but who knows maybe the unbelievable will happen and he wont ever drink and drive again...

celica9303
05-08-2008, 02:10 AM
Glad your ok. Cars can be replaced you can't stay in touch with us we are all a big family

celica9303
05-08-2008, 02:41 AM
Glad your ok. Cars can be replaced you can't stay in touch with us we are all a big family

sheep
05-12-2008, 06:52 PM
ah yeah i can always get another celica, nice thing is around here they arent too expensive, i even see an old all trac for sale every once in a while, maybe that will be my next celica, but for now i have a whole bunch of stuff planned with my truck, guys at GMtruckclub.com are helping me with that :D

MCcelica
05-17-2008, 03:59 PM
never been hit by a drunk driver while I was in my car. (the car was hit, but fortunatly enough for the jackass who did it I was inside bowling). If I ever am hit by one though, may god have mercy on his soul for I will not. That trash is inexusable to me and I think that everyone who gets a dui should also get (attempted) vehicular assault every time as well as a number of other charges.

good luck with the truck and hope things go better for ya. KIT!

Maleek
05-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Nooooo, that cars is my car's twin. Sorry to hear dude. May she R.I.P.

Simonhla
05-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Wow that is gross. With of a friend of mine we tried running an anti DUI company out here in Los Angeles called Home James. The premise was that if you went out and got drunk but had your car you would call us and we would send you a driver on a collapsible scooter. He would then fold the scooter up and put it in the trunk of your car and drive you home in your car. You and you car got home safely.

But guess what?? The damn DMV and california emissions made our bikes illegal so we had to shut down. F*** the fact we were saving lives and stopping things like this happening to people!! Sometimes (lets face it, most of the time) the powers that be are just so idiotic it defies belief.

Having therefore had many, many experiences with perpetrators and victims of drunk driving I think people like this guy you mention should have the book thrown at them. He should NEVER be allowed to drive again.....two DUI related collisions!?! Unbelievable. Very glad you are ok. I pray to god this sort of thing never happens to my beloved Celi.