PDA

View Full Version : new 93 celica probably old question

jokersall
05-04-2008, 01:49 AM
finally got one but at the same time im lost. bought the car with a clutch issue. you gotta sit and wait for the clutch to build enough pressure to use it. my guess is replace the master and the slave cylinder but the question is. where is the slave? i dont know if its internal or external. little help with out killing me too badly is appreciated.

alltracman78
05-04-2008, 02:58 AM
The slave is on the front of the trans by the starter.
Look below it for the steel line and the bleeding screw.

jokersall
05-04-2008, 03:01 AM
thanks. hopefully i can get my new play toy out this weekend now

85gtsblackman
05-04-2008, 12:26 PM
flush system as well

grayscale
05-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Maybe try bleeding it first?

Luis C
05-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Having probs with the clutch? Check the both cylinders.
If the Master cylinder is leaking you wont see anything inside the engine bay cause 99% of the the time the fluid will end up in the floor carpet behind the clutch pedal.

The slave cylinder is a lot easier since its mounted on the gearbox bell housing (?) and if its leaking the you should see fluid stain there.

Mind you, Toyota sells a slave cylinder repair kit, it comes with a new piston, springs, o-rings and rubber grommets so there is no need to replace the unit, just disassemble, clean the inside with low grit sand paper (800 should be ok, you dont want to scratch the inside of the cylinder, just clean it), raplace part, purge and thats it

jokersall
05-10-2008, 07:32 PM
im going to bring this up again cause i finally got to do a decent amount of looking under the hood last night. on the clutch slave i dont remember a 9mm socket on the end coming as a factory spacer. anyone else have one cause yeah that one got me.

and if anyone could help does the speedo cable have some kind of clip holding it in so it doesnt back out of the gauges?