PDA

View Full Version : Need a wheel bearing.

zmile06
05-03-2008, 02:06 AM
Ok i need a driver side front wheel bearing from a 93 toyota celica st. In other words no abs no turbo. Can someone give me a price and part number? I also need to wheel bearing seal right? I need everything that is required to get it pressed into my old hub, thanks.

I think i found it on 1st toyota parts but i'm trying to make sure before i purchase it. I defiantly can't find the seal though.

Thanks guys, i think th OEM wheel bearing is actually cheaper then autocrap.

alltracman78
05-03-2008, 03:09 AM
Did you consider calling them and talking to them?
There's a phone # on the site................

Front wheel bearings are the same for all Celicas from 86 - 99.
Rears not sure about.

You'll need the bearing and inner and outer seals.

Shadowlife25
05-03-2008, 07:17 AM
^^ Correct :)

Just to add, it will probably be in the 80 dollar range. At least it was last time I did mine. (keep in mind this was like 5 years ago...)

Came out to roughly $50. for the bearing, and approximately $25 for the seals. Price of having it all pressed in is entirely dependent on the machine shops' rates.

You can pack and install the bearing yourself, but if you're not confident that you can do that, then the machine shop is the way to go.

Murgatroy
05-03-2008, 10:32 AM
I think I paid $45 a piece for my wheel bearings.

If one needs done, I would replace both just for peace of mind.

Shadowlife25
05-03-2008, 11:24 PM
I think I paid $45 a piece for my wheel bearings.

If one needs done, I would replace both just for peace of mind.

Always the best route if money isn't an issue :)

Hookecho
05-04-2008, 12:38 AM
i had mine pressed for $15 per bearing.

zmile06
05-04-2008, 02:41 AM
I had both pressed within the last 2 years. Passengers side is still good, driver side is bad. I think i should replace the driver side hub with a junk yard one, maybe the hub is messed up. What do you guys think? Drivers side has gone bad a total of 2 times now, passengers side zero.

Murgatroy
05-04-2008, 02:49 AM
Yeah, figure out why the bearings are going out before you put another one in. Do you have any idea why the bearing is going out? Has that side been damaged? Why do you suspect the hub?

KoreanJoey
05-04-2008, 03:04 AM
Are you absolutely certain the axle nut was placed at proper torque?

zmile06
05-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Yeah i used a clicker to put the nut on properly. What else could it be if it wasn't the hub? Wear on the hub would be the number one suspect, but i can't tell without taking the bearing out anyways.

Shadowlife25
05-06-2008, 02:54 AM
Did you notice any blueing(spelling?) of the spindle at all?

What procedure did you use to tighten down the nut? Usually you tighten the nut till its snug, then back it off a bit and THEN set it to the proper torque spec.

How were the bearings put in? (ie. machine shop pressed them in, or you did it yourself?) The Hub itself could be damaged a bit...

Just a couple things to toss around :)

zmile06
05-07-2008, 01:26 AM
It was the hub nut it was major loose dunno how... man...

Shadowlife25
05-07-2008, 01:36 AM
It was the hub nut it was major loose dunno how... man...

...tighten the nut till its snug, then back it off a bit and THEN set it to the proper torque spec.

^^ was it done this way?