PDA

View Full Version : HELP !!! Exhaust Manifold!

tHeGeeK
05-02-2008, 08:13 PM
So I have an exhaust leak at the manifold. It's at the shop to see if it's a gasket or a cracked manifold or maybe even a broken bolt. Does anyone have or know where I can get a new manifold quickly. I"d need it by Tuesday May 6th and I live in Canada. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not positive it's the manifold I should get a call today (Fri) about it. Just trying to see if I can have a back-up ready to ship if need be. Thanks, I can't believe this. So anxious to hear the verdict.

alltracman78
05-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Probalby not the manifold.
While they can crack, a stock cast iron manifold almost never does.

The gaskets also tend to last, and can be reused many times, though it might also be leaking, especially if it's aftermarket.

Most likely you have a loose nut/stud.

One word of caution if you do have to replace the manifold, most RCs have a 7 bolt manifold because they were built in 91, even though they have all the post revsion upgrades.

The alternator bracket is matched to the exhaust manifold.
If you have a 7 hole manifold your alt bracket won't work with a 9 hole manifold, so you will have to get a 7 hole replacement, not a 9 hole one.
Not a huge deal, the 7 hole ones are much more common.
If you do happen to have a 9 hole manifold you're all set and can get either, because the bracket will work with either.

Newbster
05-02-2008, 08:42 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/ScratchyMcnut/manifold_danger.jpg

Galcobar
05-03-2008, 01:04 AM
www.car-part.com

Though your chances of finding a manifold for a 3SGTE is pretty low.

Alternately, www.1sttoyotaparts.com, though if you're in a hurry, I'd call them -- the number's on the website. They're located in Renton, Washington, so the ship time's not bad.

tHeGeeK
05-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Thanks guys, Alltracman you were exactly right loose bolt. Apparently the last guy tried to use the wrong bolt so it wouldn't seal the manifold to the engine. It's fixed now, glad I didn't have to get a new manifold there was one at a dealership in Cali, but too long to get here. Thanks again, glad it was just a precaution.