PDA

View Full Version : 2 races 93 celica vs 07 eclipse and 00 celica vs 99 prelude

celicatrd93
04-27-2008, 11:24 PM
well i did sell my celica about 6 weeks back. these is pretty old but thought i would share it. my old roomie rented a 07 eclipse with a 2.4 automatic while his 02 celica gts was getting some mods and motor fixed. my car was a 93 celica st with header, cold air intake, rebuilt motor( all new gaskets, piston rings) full exhaust system and exedy stage 1 clutch with 17 inch wheels.

so we go from dead stop. we start off pretty even in 1st, in 2nd i am about a bumper ahead and in 3rd he catches up as in fourth gear the eclipse starts to pull on me about half to a one car. the we race again and again the same results. thought they would be a bit faster. they are 160hp. it was a auto.

the second race is my 00 celica gt spd stock againest a 99 prelude h22 vtec it was a auto but did have some mods cold air intake and exhuast.

we started off in first i pulled a bumper right away. we were same in second i was i was a half car ahead and in third i pulled a little more. when i put it in fourth i was a 1 car ahead but he was slowly catching up and we shut down. he raced 2 more times and same results. he even tryed to slapshift the prelude. thanks for reading guys

celica91gts
04-28-2008, 12:22 AM
ive raced preludes before. all of which are manual. but those a quick cars.

celicatrd93
04-28-2008, 12:51 AM
yeah the manual would of beat me or at least kept up with me, but the auto is slow.

505celicaGT
04-30-2008, 06:02 AM
thats not bad fellas. i usally go for the low rent hondas. the sohc models lol. i was mesing with a fox box the other day and we were at a light dead stop, he started in second and i was doing a light burnout in first. i pulled about 3/4 car in front of em and than it was over buy the time i hit 3rd. /wrist. didnt go more than 50 on a 40mph road.

celicatrd93
04-30-2008, 04:45 PM
we wanted to rent the convertiable 07 eclipse but they said you had to be 25 and i am 24.