PDA

View Full Version : Project Engine BuildUp

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
02-27-2005, 10:17 AM
Engine Buildup Day 1

Well today was meant to be a large day interms of having just about everything bolted up on the engine ready to go. But i wasn't so lucky :(

Anyways, some pictures.

New Turbo - CT20B, doesn't look any different from the other turbo, but it spins much easier and you can feel the weight of the assembly is lighter then the CT26 turbo. Only way to tell them apart is the exhaust flange. The CT20B has 7 bolts compared to 6 of the CT26.
http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild/ct20b.JPG

A Picture of the gutted TVIS plate on the head.
http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild/gutted%20tvis.JPG

Headgasket and ARP Studs in place ready for the head
http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild/headgasket.JPG

Picture of the new valve which had be to custom made for my engine
http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild/oddvalve.JPG

And this is where im at in terms of the engine being bolted together (nothing is torqued down yet, explanation shortly)
http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild/stage1.JPG

I've followed spectral's thread as to how to install the head so i won't repeat anything.
Now, all things were smooth sailing until i went to torque the head down.
Problem 1) My 12mm socket which i have isn't thin enough and is interfering with the cylinder head when screwing in the bolts. I will need to find a thinner socket or get mine machined down if i am to get accurate torque values.
Problem 2) One of the ARP nuts which were supplied with my kit hasn't been threaded. So i will have to chase down a replacement, which might take a while :(

I lost interest after bolting everything else down, just lost the motivation after yet another set back when i thought things were going good.

Ill get the the other things later, i've gone off to sulk.

Thanks to Totenkopf for coming out and lending a hand and taking the pictures. Sorry for not being able to show you more :(

Beej
03-02-2005, 12:54 PM
keep on trukin brotha!!! lookin good, it'll all be werth it in the end ;)

Colossus20v
03-02-2005, 05:28 PM
what engine is that? You said you had to get an extra valve made why is that?

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
03-02-2005, 11:35 PM
Engine is a Gen2 3S-GTE.

Extra valve is a long story, but ill cut it short, the shop lost/misplaced a valve, i couldn't get the valve thru toyota, so i had to get one custom made.

Jaemus
03-03-2005, 10:59 AM
thats annoying - it looks pretty different too

Keyroo
03-05-2005, 12:18 AM
well done bro keep going,

i should dig up the pic of when i finished putting my engine together and put hte cam belt on ready to be put in teh car, was 2 am, i was tired and coverered in grease hahah

congrats man, big ups for doing ur own work :)

Keyroo
03-05-2005, 12:22 AM
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~keyroo/photos/R0010258.jpg

hahahaha, i'm a shit heap

are u some what looking like this by now??? :P

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
03-05-2005, 08:51 AM
lol, im way past that point :)

Im still waiting for my friggin warranty ARP nut. Its pissing me off already!

Keyroo
03-05-2005, 10:41 PM
haha, i just went toyota head studs, got some good feedback from high hp runners saying they hold so i got them,

keep us up to date bro

Wyldie
03-07-2005, 06:06 AM
jesus lance you have atleast painted the engien while it was out.!

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
03-07-2005, 07:39 AM
why would i do that? it isn't exactly a show pony ya know.

Aust162
03-07-2005, 07:59 AM
i would polish up the tb and intake, also the rocker cover.maybe paint the "TOYOTA" writing on the rocker cover black too..

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
03-07-2005, 08:10 AM
i really couldn't be stuffed right now honestly :)

I will later on remove the cam cover and polish it, but thats about it in terms of 'bling', along with HPC coated pipes, im sure that'll be enough of a distraction.

Keyroo
03-07-2005, 11:58 AM
u get to a point where ya dont' give a fuck, taht nice red rocker cover of mine got chipped to the shitter by the engine hoist chain,, meh

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
03-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Engine Buildup Day 2

A big day today. Picked up my ARP head stud nut and rushed home to get cracking into the engine.

I won't go into details as to what i've done. But i will put in details as to what is left to go. Ill post up pictures tommorrow (my camera doesn't like night shots)

-Install Timing Belt (see note 1)
-Install Sump (see note 2)
-Install flywheel
-Install gearbox
-Engine into car
-Start engine.

So in other words, a big afternoon of fun.

Note1: i was in the process of installing the timing belt, but i couldn't find a pin small enough (and strong enough) to hold the tensioner. But a trip down to repco will see hopefully a small enough pin, and a feeler gauge, and ill be set in the timing belt department

Note2: As for the sump, my new sump is yet to arrive. But i am left with options as to what to do to get the clearance i need to get the sump to fit.
1) grind down the cap, shorten the studs (not really an option, don't want to weaken it)
2) remove arp studs for end cap and replace with toyota main bolts (Terry is most assuring that the end cap doesn't bare too much load, so should be fine)
3) modify sump to clear arp nuts/studs (risk another sump, and possibly a poor seal)

Jaemus
03-16-2005, 09:26 AM
better go the safe option man

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
03-16-2005, 10:23 AM
which is?

Jaemus
03-18-2005, 07:27 AM
number 2

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
03-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Engine Buildup Day 3

Its finally on, every single part that i've been waiting for for the past 2 months is here, and we are in the final stages of the buildup.

Things done today:
-Reinstalled injectors (they are nice and tight now)
-Test fitted modified sump (need to get it flat again, but otherwise in good shape!)
-Bolted up most of the ancillaries
-Filled engine mounts with polyuethane

So that leaves the holiday tommorrow, to pull the engine off the stand, fit up the gearbox, and then install into car. If i pace myself, i should have the car fired up tommorrow night. If not it will be sunday.

Excited? you bloody betchya.

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
03-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Engine Buildup Day 4,5 Consoldated

Just a quick summary what happened on Day 4. (i forgot to do one sorry guys)
-Removed sump and checked seal, then reinstalled
-Installed alternator/aircon/idler
-Attempted to fit gearbox.

As already stated, spent 12 hours trying, but in the process burred the clutch. Easily fixed with a triangle file.

Day 5, arranged for spectral to come around to help install the gearbox. Once he arrived we had the gearbox mated up ready to go.
After he left, i got cracking into it.

Things done today:
-Engine into car
-Prop shaft installed (not torqued - Note 1)
-Driveshafts installed

I've quit while im ahead tonight. I've been going at it flat out for close on 12 hours. So its best i get a fresh nights sleep and get into it tommorrow.

Things to be done:
-Finish installing exhaust (Note 2)
-EastWest Crossmember
-Connect all piping
-Intercooler and Intake
-Install Radiator
-Starter
-Wiring
-Battery
-Fluids (engine, gearbox, radiator)
-Start Car :)
-Set timing, bleed coolant, and away we go for a nice run-in.

Note1: the way i've set up my car on the patio (same as when i pulled the engine out) i am unable to twist the driveshaft to get to all 4 bolts to torque them upto spec. So when i've finished the exhaust and installed the crossmember, ill put the car back on the ground, jack the rear of the car up, and do up those bolts.

Note2: Exhaust is a bit funny. I went and got it repaired while it was out being repaired, but in hindsight i should have waited. Because it doesn't quite line up right.... I need to find a temporary way to atleast get the pipes connected so i can do the initial run in before dropping into an exhaust shop to fix it (i need to get the mid section of exhaust redone as its hanging too low). Short of that, i could have the exhaust running straight to the air, which isn't very bright.

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
03-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Pictures? Everyone loves pictures :D

http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild/Install/enginein1.jpg
http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild/Install/enginein2.jpg
Engine In

http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild/Install/rustybrakes.jpg
After 4 months of no use. This is what happens to your brakes.

http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild/Install/modsump.jpg
A picture of the clearance of the new clearance on the sump

http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild/Install/gasket1.jpg
Yours truly, making own exhaust gasket
http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild/Install/gasket2.jpg
Mutilated Scissors
http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild/Install/gasket3.jpg
This is what happens when you use a high power drill. Sliced my hand open in the process. Drill 1, Gasket 0

Enough fun for today. More tommorrow

Thanks goes to Totenkopf for the pictures.

Beej
03-28-2005, 05:57 AM
ooooooh its in the car!!!!!!

hoorah party time!!

Aust162
03-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Man, its soo good to see the motor back in the car:P
keep it up buddy.

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
03-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Engine Buildup Day 6

Another early rise today, to make sure i get the car fired into life.

All things went according to plan. The exhaust unfortionately is beyond my hands and will need to be modified by the pros. So it is running open at the moment. Sounds fucking awesome though.

It wasn't all smooth sailing though. I had everything plugged into the car, went to turn on the key, and i got nothing. Recharged the battery cause i thought it was flat, but ended up being a buggered starter. Swapped in a spare. Cranked.

Cranked the engine without efi or fuel connected, built up oil pressure after 2-3 times cranking the engine over. Reconnected everything and went to try and start the car, but nothing. Tried several times but nothing unfortionately. Put the battery back on charge and came back an hour later.

I did have spark, the timing light showed that. Fuelling i had, when i shorted the FP and B+ terminals on the diagnostic port, and the ecu wasn't throwing any codes, as shown by shorting the T and E1 terminals.

So i went and tried it again. Spluttered the first time, and then the next time it roared to life :D:D:D:D:D:D

Couldn't believe how happy i was at that point.

Although, i did have a short drive, i couldn't drive very far. I have a busted boost sensor, which is reading full boost at idle, which is causing me to hit fuel cut at idle. A new sensor will fix that problem.

I also found smoke coming from in and around the exhaust manifold. It isn't exhaust, it smells of oil. I'm hoping its just degreeser/oil burning off, but ill investigate this further. Only thing oil related in that area is the oilfilter and the exhaust, and it isn't coming from those areas. So im not sure.

More updates as they come. Time to chase up a new boost sensor.

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
03-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Welp i spent this afternoon trying to track down this wiring gremlin. I dunno what i did, but the gauge decided to behave itself, and the engine started flawlessly.

I took the opportunity to go for the first run-in run. It felt really good, revving it thru the gears thru 1st-2nd-3rd-4th-5th, never exceeding 4000rpm.

I drove out to Gatton thru all the hills, loading up the engine. Made it to Gatton, and the boost gauge started playing silly buggers. I was looking for fuel, and pulled into a servo for a quick look. All looked fine to me, no leaks no nothing.

Got back onto the highway, revved it out in 1st and the next thing ya know, it backed fired i'd say about 4-5 times. And then it ran like absolute shit all the way home. The ECU was pulling the timing, and the engine wanted to stall going up hills. Hill starts are already hard enough with the button clutch, not to add a poor engine as well.

I fear the worst. As i tried to limp it home, the temp gauge started shake a fair bit. I'd thought i'd blown a headgasket again.

Got home and turned it off after a short cool down. Went and had tea and came back outside for another quick look.

Checked the timing, it was spot on. It still sounds like its running on 4 cylinders. Coolant is still as full as i had filled it too, overflow was still full. So i'm outta ideas whats causing my issues.

Dad and I narrowed it down to a few things
a) I'm still using my old spark plugs, this probably isn't helping, but it still doesn't explain why it was running fine one second, and then like shit the next
b) Filter was clogged? I pulled off the filter and went for a quick run but it made no difference.
c) possibly this wiring loom has seen better days.

Basically, even with no load, if i try to press the accelerator past 20% it chokes and dies.

I managed to get in a good 60km's before it started misbehaving. I hope to god that i havn't blown the rings or the head.....

Time will tell. Why is this thing still giving me problems after the god damn rebuild.

Although on a good note, The gearbox is smooth and crunch free, the clutch is relatively easy to use (except on starts and hills).

Any suggestions?

Jaemus
03-29-2005, 02:14 PM
man, congrats for getting this far anyway,

i dont profess to know as much as you about this, but i would suggest;

if that boost sensor is in any way questionable, replace it
if the ECU is pulling timing, test all the other sensors u can.
as for any other ideas about the bad running, maybe the distributor or the coil. ur fuel sounds like its okay. but im sure u thought of all this, i just wanted to sound helpful :)

also i like ur sig, i havent come across a standard 205 in GT4 yet, let alone one i can buy and take photos of :(

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
04-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Anyways, just a short summary of whats happening at the moment.

Things have gone from bad to worse.

When i was looking for my oil leak, i pulled the sump off, and found a large amount of metal sitting in the bottom. I had no idea what this is so i went and talked to my Race mate about it.

I have spun a bearing. With less then 91km's on the block.

Visaully, i can see the thrust breaing has spun, what ever other damage there is i won't know until i pull the engine out.

Basically, this is now a warranty issue. If the machinist doesn't come to town. Then the car will be scrapped and sold off for parts.

J.F. Allen
04-01-2005, 02:43 PM
That bites :(

Jordan

Colossus20v
04-01-2005, 04:19 PM
that really sucks :( I hope you can get it back on the road soon though and they cover it under warranty. Good luck and keep us updated.

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
04-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Thanks guys, hopefully the engine builder i went thru will deal with it to keep his name clean. As this is seriously screwed. And nothing on my part could have caused the spun bearing. Clearly an assembly fault.

I'll have an answer on monday.

Keyroo
04-02-2005, 12:40 AM
ahhhh fucker,,,

that sucks bro, hope the engine builder does the right thing by u dude

JuniorJack
04-02-2005, 08:40 AM
man. thats really messed up :(
good luck wit it man.

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
04-03-2005, 02:52 AM
Here's a cring picture for you folks... The stuff in the blue section its bits of bearing.

http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild/metalinsump.jpg

carlosfandango
04-03-2005, 06:58 AM
man that sucks - I know all too well what the bearing is like when it goes, i had it twice.

Have you sorted the misfire, how much boost have you ben running, how has your cooling been going?

when teh sump is off was the oil pick up to the oil pump clear of debris?

what did you with the exhaust manifold gasket? stock is metal, what did you use?

inlet manifold gasket?

have you taken off the rod cap and looked at the bearing, crank and cap/rod face?

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
04-03-2005, 07:08 AM
the backfiring comes down to wiring gremlin. still unsorted, chasing up a new loom. (backfiring due to running hella rich)

only ran 6psi and a rev limit of 4000rpm for run in. Driving was designed to encourage loading up the engine to bed in the rings. This rebuild has only done 91km's.

pickup had alot of metal filings stuck in it. I hope none of it got to the head, otherwise its a complete rebuild.

exhaust gasket is a brand new toyota replacement. The smoke ended up being the left over chemicals on the block as it went away after the first run.

inlet manifold gasket is also brand new toyota item.

havn't touched the bottom end at all. As this is now a warranty issue.

3S-GTE_Man
04-03-2005, 01:00 PM
that fucked man...well i hope to god that machine job do good too or other wise post up there shit work and doggy dealing on every local forum u can man....

Jaemus
04-05-2005, 11:29 AM
what a dissapointing conclusion

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
04-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Sorry i havn't updated this, but a short note about what the engine builder had to say. He wasn't impressed obviously, and isn't gonna say anything until he looks at the engine. So i've gotta find the time to pull it out.

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
04-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Welp, a good afternoon of fun. 3SGE came around (thanks Sean) and we got cracking into the engine. Engine was out of the car in 4 hours. Shows what experience does for work time (it took a week last time i did it by myself).

Anyways, a few things of note.
-Wiring gremlin, which i thought was a bad ground. I think i found the reason, as most of the earthing points on the ecu and all my sensors stems from one point, which is the one underneath the inlet. It was loose, and would explain the intermittent problems i was having. I will double check this when the engine goes back into the car.

-I pulled the cam cover off for a closer look at the oil in the head. I'm happy to report no metal made it to the head (yes!) I looked at it all very closely, and i can't find a flake anywhere. Which is a good thing. There is alot of metal flakes in the oil filter though (obviously doing its job).

-My oil leak might not have just been the sump. When i pulled the flywheel off, my rear main seal was leaking. Ah well, as good an opportunity to change it now while everything is out.

-I was having a close look at the thrust bearings. And i can confirm that visually the groves are outwards, towards the crank. So they didn't spin because of wrong fitment.

Everything is ready to drop into the engine man. I'll pull off the oil pump tommorrow for a closer look.

3S-GTE_Man
04-09-2005, 04:38 PM
so it sounds a bit better again man good stuff...well hopefully i might come about soon and drop off them parts.....and help u drop the engine in....

I'm having fun with jessie gt-2 atm....everyone get a half cut not just the engine..lol

robbie
04-11-2005, 03:14 AM
Sorry didn't see second page :(
Is the guy going to fix under warranty?

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
04-11-2005, 03:27 AM
Sorry didn't see second page :(
Is the guy going to fix under warranty?

I don't know mate, his still to look at it. Ill drop it off hopefully tuesday or wednesday. Wednesday morning is looking the best.

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
04-17-2005, 03:45 AM
Update:

Engine has been dropped off back to rebuilder, time will tell on the matter now.

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
04-18-2005, 11:22 AM
An Update on the engine situation.

Jeff gave me a call this afternoon to talk about the condition of my engine.
From what he told me, all the bearings, not just one was stuffed. Caused by lack of oil pressure.

2 thigns could have caused this, not priming the oil pump, and air being pumped into the system.

The good news is there isn't any damage to the crank or block. And a linish will see it fit for service again.

The impression that he gave me, was because its an oilling problem, and because i installed the oil pump and the engine, that this is my problem. Oh well.

Anyways, i need to make a choice now. Jeff assures me that he can flush out the all the oil galeries in the block, and we should be sweet to go for round 2.

The catch is, it would be in my best interest to pull the head and block down and start again. Because although the oilfilter caught most of the metal, there is no garuntee the head isn't blocked up.

I'll have to think about it. Thoughts?

BlackGT4
04-19-2005, 09:55 AM
good luck man...hope it all goes good for round2.

ronin
04-20-2005, 03:24 AM
damn rich.. you've had a bad run.. do you think you can handle right now turning around and selling it off? you've already put so much hard work into it dude.. if you sold it fr parts you'll be on a psyciatrists couch for months. i say do it.. go again man.. you've learned from this one, and you know what you are doing a heap better now and should do it in half the time..

good luck soldier..

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
04-20-2005, 04:57 AM
Thanks guys.

The decision was to strip the engine back down to the block and start again, im not taking any chances.

More to come soon...

Ronin: Pm me your details for that faceplate.

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
04-20-2005, 04:58 AM
btw, taking donations, apply within!

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
06-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Long time since i've updated, but a quick run over of whats happened in the mean time.

After fighting with the rebuilder and amongst my friends i just had enough and decided to go back to the rebuilder and just pay him the damn money to fix it.

End verdict, no major damage anywhere. Replace the bearings and seals and be on my way. Total cost was just under $800 to rebuild it the 2nd time. Not to bad.

So i've gotten the engine back, and have gotten into getting it ready to bolt into the car. Had problems getting the gearbox on as usual, and i won't be able to fit this up until i get someone to come around who knows what there doing to help me.

So pics so far as to whats been done.

Yes folks, thats orange!
http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild2/engine1.jpg
http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild2/engine2.jpg

http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild2/oilpressuresender.jpg
Electric Oil Pressure Sender, on a Tee piece, along with the stock idiot light switch.

http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild2/dump.jpg
New Dumpie

Aust162
06-11-2005, 09:18 AM
Ahh.. sweet as Rich, love the dump pipe that looks awesome man! :D

P.S i knew you would end up painting it.couldn't resist. hehe

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
06-26-2005, 10:43 AM
Update: After waiting a couple of days and asking Spectral nicely to come out and help me with the gearbox again. I'm happy to report. The engine now sits in the car. And 80% of the work is done.

Some pictures for the masses
http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild2/Day1-1.jpg
http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild2/Day1-2.jpg

Anyways, the bulk of the work is done already. Everything that was needed to be done under the car has. So it rests on its 4 tires.

Things left to do
-plugin all wiring
-plugin all hoses
-bolt in radiator
-all fluids
-wire in oil pressure gauge
-Fire Engine

Big thanks to Spectral for him and his wife to come out and lend a hand. Was very much appreciated.

More tommorrow after work.

Classique71
06-26-2005, 12:52 PM
What oil pressure guage are you using there rich ? I have to look at this too - not overly keen to use and oil feed line into the cabin - preferred electronic

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
06-26-2005, 02:07 PM
I didn't go super fancy on the gauge. I bought a Matrix '7 Colour' gauge for $60 at the local autopro. It was the last one in stock.

Not a bad gauge at all, Should be accurate enough to tell ya if you don't have any oil pressure.

Classique71
06-27-2005, 10:30 AM
is it toally electronic or have an oil feed to the guage rich ?

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
06-27-2005, 10:56 AM
totally electric mate, check the pictures you can see the sender on a T piece where the stock oil pressure switch is.

Ill take some more pics tommorrow when i wire it up.

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
06-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Update:

Well unfortioantely i didn't progress as far as i'd like tonite. Due to work committmits and having to do a favour for my boss. I didn't get home in time. And simply ran outta light.

Everything under the bonnet is done though. ECU is plugged in, the engine is ready to turn over and crank. But i have a few things to do before that.

-Fill Coolant
-Fill Gearbox Oil
-Check Engine Oil Level
-Wire in Oil Pressure Gauge
-Crank Engine.

Hopefully tommorrow brings good news.

ronin
06-27-2005, 01:22 PM
fingers crossed rich.. been dramas for a long time for you. and as much as im looking forward to you finally being able to drive the car it'll be sad to see this thread die haha.

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
06-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Well after almost 9 months. And one failed attemp. Its back and its running :D

Very smooth, and started alot easier then last time. Noisy as buggery with the open dumppipe.

20KM drive showed no problems, i've parked it for the nite and will check up for leaks tommorrow arvo after work. And take it for a longer drive.

Problems i do have though:
-The oil pressure gauge doesn't seem to be working. I'm hazarding a guess it was because of my rushed wiring job in the dark. Ill have another look tommorrow.
-The exhaust, being that it isn't connected, was scraping the road big time, so i need to tie it up tighter until i can get it into an exhaust shop (which is booked for friday)

I am aiming to take this up the sunshine coast with me, going up the Esk road. To get a few kilometers up to run it in.

But other then that. Im happy. Video of it Running (10MB) (http://ugbox.net/~lance/GT4/Repair/Engine/Rebuild2/firststart.avi)

Dr Tweak
06-28-2005, 11:03 AM
Did you pack the oil pump with petroleum jelly to prime it? Just curious...

I'm glad it's running good this time. Now clock that turbo and get yourself a FMIC! :)

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
06-28-2005, 11:10 AM
The rebuilder did that for me. Didn't take much cranking to get the oil pressure up.

As for FMIC, its on the way, i won't be clocking the turbo though. As i don't see why i should.

Battery relocation is next on the list of things to do. And then FMIC time.

Dr Tweak
06-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Did he do it the first time as well? What do you supposed caused the problem the first time?

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
06-28-2005, 11:43 AM
The first time i did.

The problem (if you read about it) was left over remains of bearing material in the sump off the person i bought the sump off.

Aust162
06-29-2005, 02:48 AM
hey rich great news:D just curious are you using running-in oil atm on the new engine?like a single grade 30w?

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
06-29-2005, 04:53 AM
Andrew: No mate, no running in oil this time round. Just non-syntehtic oil Which will do the exact same job. 10w-30 Havoline.