PDA

View Full Version : New tire found (Opinions)

VikingJZ
04-20-2008, 10:57 PM
For those not at the Dragon, I shredded a tire on the way down.

Rim has a slight bend but good enough to hold air and drive on just fine.

I found this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ONE-NICE-TOYO-PROXES-TPT-215-55-17-USED-TIRE-13718_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el12 47QQcategoryZ66475QQihZ013QQitemZ230244698034QQrdZ 1QQsspagenameZWD1V

I'm pretty sure its the same size (Still need to check that).

I mean, I know my chromies are ugly but the tires are really good on the three that I have still and after I do some tweaking my car should handle better. Stock rims are 15's and only 7" wide.

Slider
04-21-2008, 03:55 AM
Is the tire the same brand and model as the old one? I would try to stick what the other 3 are.

cs363
04-21-2008, 04:12 AM
I'm a fan of Toyo Tyres and have found all the types I've used to be damn good value for money with good performance. The TPT is more of an all season passenger car tyre, intended for the family car etc...so not sure how that would match up with what you have performance wise. Anyhow, it's good practice to run the same tyres on each end of the car at least, though I prefer a matched set of four. Different tyres have different handling & braking characteristics - my best advice to you would be to get 2 matched tyres and either keep your odd one as a spare or sell it.

VikingJZ
04-21-2008, 05:33 AM
Yeah the other three are TPTs too. A few weeks ago I was quoted $178 to get a new TPT.

Thats not really a family car tire. Its by no means a tire thats going to be good for tons of autoX stuff, but its a solid tire provided it doesn't have a buldge :)

cs363
04-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah the other three are TPTs too. A few weeks ago I was quoted $178 to get a new TPT.

Thats not really a family car tire. Its by no means a tire thats going to be good for tons of autoX stuff, but its a solid tire provided it doesn't have a buldge :)

If the others are TPT's and you are happy with the price I'd go for it. When I said family car tire I was trying to point out that its not really a performance tire, though that wasn't a put down just trying to indicate its category - hey, its on Toyo's site filed under 'passenger car and mini vans' so you decide, lol

http://www.toyo.com/docs/tires/tires.asp?category=passenger

VikingJZ
04-21-2008, 03:35 PM
lol i guess they are