PDA

View Full Version : fuse box relocate, headache,,

Keyroo
02-27-2005, 08:49 AM
hey guys, so ever since i made my intake my fuse box has just been sitting there in teh way, and being ghye so in a fit of stupidity i decided to move it over the other side of hte engine bay where the abs should be if i had it,

so i made up a wiring loom, 28 wires all up, thick n thin, and layed it along the front bar following the air con lines and next to the oil cooler, then today i started chopping the plugs off and re souldering them over the other side of teh bay, i'm a fuck head and didn't count the wires properly only put 26 cables in the wiring loom so had ot ad another one to it, but anyway, got it all done, hell of al ot of souldering and swearing, bound the cables, and made an alumium bracket for the fuse box, sits in between the washer bottle and the power steering resevior perfectly, now god a nice space next to the intake

have a look at hte pics i havne't finished the cables on the orgional side yet, still have to bind them and i'm putting them underneat hte AFM so that will be nice and neat, gives me more room for my hks plumback bov ect

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~keyroo/photos/fusebox/DSCN2606.JPG

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~keyroo/photos/fusebox/DSCN2607.JPG
spaghetti

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~keyroo/photos/fusebox/DSCN2609.JPG
cables tucked in teh front bar (can't see em when teh cover is back on)

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~keyroo/photos/fusebox/DSCN2610.JPG
fuse boxes new home, sitting ther quite neatly, gotta wrap the cables still

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~keyroo/photos/fusebox/DSCN2613.JPG
where it used to be, as i said i havne't finished with these cables yet, but u can see the room it's given me

yeah so anyway thought i'd share my headache with ya, don't do it unless u've got a copule of days and a packet of panadol :P

Elliott
02-27-2005, 09:10 AM
Thats a shitload of wires. :) NIce outcome tho, damn lot of work involved in that.

elliott

Keyroo
02-27-2005, 09:15 AM
yeah certainly is, i've been wanting to do it for ages, just one more thing ticked off on my long list

Classique71
02-27-2005, 11:09 AM
hah - wanna do mine now roo ??

Keyroo
02-27-2005, 09:38 PM
haha, i'll do it for ya if u get me a supra ct26 or a ct20b for 300 bucks or under :P (in good working order)

Classique71
02-28-2005, 06:26 AM
lol - sure i have about 15 in the shelf! :)

hah

actually my Grp A turbo will be up for sale in the not to distant future ..

but a few months off that yet ;)

Keyroo
02-28-2005, 07:07 AM
i'ts ok the way my jobs going i won't have any money for a while

whats the grp A got? thought that was just a normal ct26

Classique71
03-01-2005, 01:49 AM
same trims but its definantly a steel gutted unit - none of this ceramic crap ..

though if yours is an aussie one roo - youd probably have the same unit as me - JDM ones got the shit ct26's

Keyroo
03-01-2005, 08:09 AM
ya, but mine is old and shagged, got 310 thou on it :P

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
03-02-2005, 11:39 PM
I got my CT26 sitting here doing nothing. In good condition.

Or if you pay me enough you can have the CT20B

Keyroo
03-03-2005, 02:25 AM
define 'enough'

3sge
03-03-2005, 04:37 AM
That looks sweet Keyroo very neat looking. :bigthumbu
Thats how it should have been from the factory

Jaemus
03-03-2005, 10:56 AM
kudos keyroo, kickass job

yes whats the ct20b worth?

Wyldie
03-03-2005, 12:42 PM
haha nice work.. I could move my fuse box there as my abs sits there so I moved the battery back for the straign intake and then put the fuse box behind that so it's sitting on top of where the Charchole canister is.. and movedit down..

Keyroo
03-03-2005, 10:06 PM
yeah i have a big hole there so why not :P no abs for me i got ripped off like a jewish foreskin with my car, no abs, no sunroof, no climate control!

ahh wells it would jsut be something else for me to break or go wrong hahah

Jaemus
03-04-2005, 06:59 AM
good point
didnt u flog the climate control from teh grey 185 u had?

Keyroo
03-05-2005, 12:12 AM
na, can u imagine the wiring nightmare!?!?! climate control doesn't bother me , dads always had it on his cars it's pissed me off i just turn it off and use it manually

Beej
03-08-2005, 04:50 AM
yeah i have a big hole there so why not :P no abs for me i got ripped off like a jewish foreskin with my car, no abs, no sunroof, no climate control!

ahh wells it would jsut be something else for me to break or go wrong hahah

u think u got ripped, atleast u got 10 speaker (or were those custom door mounts?).....bastard who was stoopid enough to pay another 40,000 to buy a Grp A didnt get 10 speakers or option sparcos........never mind a sunroof :P

Beej
03-08-2005, 04:51 AM
oh BTW good werk dude, lots of effort there.....and ABS is nice, but ur a pretty damn good driver so i doubt u need it :bigthumbu

Classique71
03-08-2005, 07:26 AM
no ABS = weightsave ;)

we just rely on the old skillzors to pull up monster Gt4's ;)

Wyldie
03-08-2005, 10:31 AM
they when you got a 1500kg beast bogged down with extras like electric seats and sunroof and all that crap.. you need that abs to pull u up :P
lucky I just cruise with my car and don't race it.. I prefure the finer things rather then the couple of seconds differnce ti would make if I didn't have them.. then again I don't race my car :P
wyldie = the gt4 with an easy life

Keyroo
03-08-2005, 01:28 PM
na mine gets the shit punched out of it on a daily basis, but it gets maintained well and i've pretty much built it to handle it, abs is cool, but kinad freaked me out when it kicked in on dads car a few times coming into corners, didn't like that but meh,,
i don't have it but it don't bother me,

J.F. Allen
03-08-2005, 10:52 PM
I notice breake fade after about 15-20 minutes in the hills, the situation becomes worse while decending out of th hills on the way home. ABS would be nice, but beggers can't be choosers.

Jordan

P.S: Cheers for the "how to" on the fuse box relocate.

Keyroo
03-09-2005, 12:20 PM
no stress mate

yeah i get brake fade but thats coz i've got shit disks and crappy single pot calipers

i used to have semi cross drilled slotted rotors with nuts brake pads and taht was awesome, handles so much heat, but i killed them, the company supplied me some heavy duty solids for cost price as a consolation prize,,

Beej
03-12-2005, 02:45 AM
no stress mate

yeah i get brake fade but thats coz i've got shit disks and crappy single pot calipers

i used to have semi cross drilled slotted rotors with nuts brake pads and taht was awesome, handles so much heat, but i killed them, the company supplied me some heavy duty solids for cost price as a consolation prize,,

signor Keyrooooo is loooooo - coooooooo

Keyroo
03-12-2005, 02:48 AM
haha, should have seen teh guys face, he's like, but dude i only sold these to u under a year ago!!! i'm like well fuck it, it's not my fault,, h'es like,, ahh what do u want, u can have it cost, ,,

Jaemus
03-12-2005, 07:27 AM
hahaha go keyroo :)
i agree the ABS can be unnerving, esp on a dirt road when it suddenly decides to come on and all u wanted to do was slow down, instead u have to enter a corner at higher speed and try and steer ur way out of it