PDA

View Full Version : Fuel system/injector cleaners

VikingJZ
04-17-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm sure most of you have used or frequently use these products. What do you use? Do you actually use them?

The company my mom worked for before she founded her store here in town is called ET Products. The generally make fuel additives for diesel engines, particularly semis and what not. (My mom knows more about fuel and chemicals than anyone I know)

She told me she can get a full GALLON of their regular unleaded gas injector cleaner for free. Its extremely concentrated but apparently it actually works really well.

RedRkt01
04-17-2008, 03:32 PM
mmmm, yummy. I'd say that if you can determine that it is compatible with your injectors you should do it. If it doesn't do any harm , then why the hell not?

celicaGT90_05
04-17-2008, 05:29 PM
seafoam, it works really well

Nitro_Alltrac
04-17-2008, 06:38 PM
I've used both Seafoam and Lucas fuel injector cleaner. Both seem to work well without causing any problems.

MrWOT
04-17-2008, 06:47 PM
20oz Techron if I don't know when the last one was done, then I buy the Lucas cleaner by the gallon and I keep 8oz bottles of it in the glove box, add 1 every 5th tank of gas.

CriScO
04-17-2008, 09:11 PM
:stupid: Techron and Lucas are both awesome. I've tried pretty much every additive on the shelf and these have been the only ones that made a noticeable difference.

But if it's free, I'd try your mother's stuff without a second thought. As long as you use the right amount it can't hurt.

ciento44
04-17-2008, 09:14 PM
I use the lucas products. Haven't used any on the hatch yet. I'll do that after the dragon and report back.

Had GREAT luck with the Lucas oil stabilizer on the coupe. Definitely doesn't look like something you want to put in your engine, but it's amazing stuff.

bzdweezy
04-17-2008, 09:40 PM
i've used the wal-mart super-tech injector cleaner i saw a pack of 3 for 1.50 so i tried it :smokin:

glenn
04-20-2008, 03:10 AM
well i work for wal-mart and they are saling this shit now that goes straight into your pcv vavle or brake booster line that supposedly works wonders "to newer vehicles" cuz i didnt see shit of a difference and one of the other guys with a 2005 dodge truck had a huge difference said he got like 4 more miles to the gallon but i still thinks its shit cuz its gumout i would rather be using lucas if they had ever came out with a system like that but you cant get it off the shelf gotta go to walmart to get it done....

bzdweezy
05-13-2008, 09:10 AM
i was wondering if this is effective, pep boys has this special its a "2-STEP FUEL SYSTEM CLEANING" and
Service includes:
Liquid Intake Cleaner
Fuel System Cleaner

all for $40

so is it worth it or no?

grayscale
05-13-2008, 01:59 PM
^Bah, stick with the sea foam, no need to blow $40 on that stuff.

grayscale
05-13-2008, 02:04 PM
I use the lucas products. Haven't used any on the hatch yet. I'll do that after the dragon and report back.

Had GREAT luck with the Lucas oil stabilizer on the coupe. Definitely doesn't look like something you want to put in your engine, but it's amazing stuff.
And shame on you.
STAY AWAY FROM TEH LUCAS OIL STABILIZER!
See Bob for more info- Bob is the Oil Guy (http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm)
Not sure about their other products but this made me wonder about the rest of them.

ciento44
05-13-2008, 03:46 PM
And shame on you.
See Bob for more info- Bob is the Oil Guy (http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm)
Not sure about their other products but this made me wonder about the rest of them.

Lawl, that's gross looking.

Point proven, guy.

sheep
05-13-2008, 10:10 PM
I've used both Seafoam and Lucas fuel injector cleaner. Both seem to work well without causing any problems.

x2

i used lucas oil stabilizer in my jeep and my celica both had oil leaks and lucas slowed the leak down alot in the celica and completly stopped it in the jeep, i did notice that Bob was using a synthetic oil but not using lucas's synthetic oil stabilizer???? not sure how the 2 lucas products differ but i did notice there are 2 on the shevles of all the auto parts stores, i for one love lucas products

celica9303
05-14-2008, 02:28 AM
The two step gumout pro cleaner at walmart and Lucas. The walmart one works well and is only 20 but I used to get it cheaper cuz I did work there but left to go to sears but now I'm trying to go back

bzdweezy
05-14-2008, 07:13 AM
^Bah, stick with the sea foam, no need to blow $40 on that stuff.

yeah sea foam always seems to be the right answer, thanks

CriScO
05-14-2008, 07:47 AM
And shame on you.

Crap. The poor hatchback... She's been running Lucas for years...

When I switched the coupe to full synthetic I didn't add anything extra per the tech articles on both Castrol and Mobil's sites. I was actually considering adding Lucas Synthetic stabilizer at the next change, thinking the articles might have been propaganda to get you to buy more of their product. Having evidence to support their assertions certianly helps. Guess I'm sticking with straight Syntec.

It wasn't your original goal, but good catch Cannon! :)

BTW, I'll still swear by Lucas Transmission fix. It's been holding the hatchback's tranny together for over three years.