PDA

View Full Version : napa=win

Mr Celica
04-15-2008, 02:04 AM
i likea da napa. had to make a new one, kinda changin the pace

nothin but good here. but that is cause i get everything half off. its pretty nice when the store manager is your brother in law :)

Galcobar
04-15-2008, 02:45 AM
Hm, also helps if you're a CAA member, 7% off.

85gtsblackman
04-15-2008, 04:08 AM
and they stock subaru parts :bigthumbu

T-spoon
04-15-2008, 04:21 AM
They could actually call me back like they were supposed to since they have my Exide battery sitting in their store. Apparently they are an Exide dealer but unfamiliar with exide policy.. guess I'll call them tomorrow as it doesn't sound like they did anything today.

Murgatroy
04-15-2008, 04:36 AM
I like NAPA.

I have had them sit with me for an hour or more in the back making my own bolt kits for engines and so forth.

it is more the workers than the name on the store, but I have never had a bad experience with NAPA.

tuner4life
04-15-2008, 05:19 AM
Napa seems to be on the better end of the car parts store spectrum. I rarely have a problem with them, and all but one of the people at the local one seem to pretty knowledgeable. The local one also mixes and sells Dupont automotive paints. Very nice having that, It's actually where the paint on my car came from.

But nothing can come close to the Bremen Car Quest. It is family run and has been so forever. The guys there are super knowledgeable, and have excellent customer service. And their prices are usually pretty good.

It all comes down to the people running the store. If they are smart and friendly, the store will succeed. (But not selling shitty parts helps too).

VikingJZ
04-15-2008, 05:49 PM
I have never, never, ever had a problem with CarQuest parts. My only complaint as of recently is that the spark posts on in the dizzy cap were very skinny compared to those of the original Denso one that I replaced. Other than that, they have amazing quality on stuff. J-Bone and I get stuff on discount because we are there every day...lol.

And they don't make us prepay for shit, its awesome.

The NAPA here is a whole different ball of wax. Usually they're good about stuff but a few of the guys in there are really dumb. One looks like he came from Hazzard County and has a full beard and hickfro with Jerrycurl in it. The other looks like RedGreen show and when using the computer he takes his right hand all the way up in the air with one finger and pecker taps the keys....so it takes like ten minutes to look up parts like....brake pads? lol

Nitro_Alltrac
04-17-2008, 01:17 AM
I've always had good luck with NAPA. There parts are quality and most fo the time their not any more expensive, and many times cheaper, than the other major chains.

You guys hit the nail on the head. The people working there make the store.