PDA

View Full Version : Pep Boys = FAIL!

Azzazzyn
04-14-2008, 06:11 PM
to add to the parts store love. i have created my own thread dedicated to hating pep boys. Inspection was cheapest at pep boys, so I went there to get it done. failed a bunch of little things and the exhaust. had exhaust work done and everything fixed, realigned. I take it back today. get a call about an hour and a half later that said everything passed but the muffler is too loud, can't pass it.

so fast forward to 2 hours later alot of arguing and proving the inspector wrong. I get my inspection sticker. He claimed it was too loud to pass, i argue that there is no actual legal sound limit in maryland law, which there isn't. He said he had to call his state trooper to see if he can pass it. It the loudest exhaust he's heard. we waited a half hour for the trooper to call him back, so I get the number of the trooper and call. He said no one called him and there is no limit. another half hour later waiting for him to sign the piece of paper and I got my sticker as stated above.

You want to know the real kicker though? I asked how he measured the sound to determine that it was unpassable before the whole fiasco happened. He responded that he measured by ear, He could hear me pulling it around the building.

Pep Boys are full of fag ricers.

Mr. Babb
04-14-2008, 06:27 PM
yeah thats funny, about 2 years ago I got a ticket for noice ordinace violation for my exhaust. So I challenged it and took it to court where the officer stated that he gauged my exhaust by ear, of course the judge says she stands behind her officers so the bitch raises my fines so I paid like $400 for my exhaust being too loud

burnyd
04-14-2008, 07:01 PM
theres actually a rule here in PA That your stereo system cannot be above a certain amount of Decibals, but nothing for a exhaust... I cant say I have ever heard of that before ever? THis is MD Inspection and not PA, I can totally understand if it was PA.

tuner4life
04-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Thats gay, In Indiana, nobody cares how loud anything is...hehe :hehe:

geebes
04-15-2008, 12:04 AM
Pep boys is for gay people.

tuner4life
04-15-2008, 12:16 AM
All of the Pep boys In the South bend area shut down a couple of months ago. I guess they werent getting enough business. But the last few weeks before they shut down, They had all of the merchandise on sale like 50-75% off, and the last few days much of the stuff was 75-80% off. It was good times!!

Colossus20v
04-15-2008, 01:43 AM
These threads are stupid because its not the company its the stupid employees. People are stupid and make mistakes, Its not the company's fault.

geebes
04-15-2008, 02:56 AM
^ in this case pep boys is actually for gays.

91GTvert
04-15-2008, 05:33 AM
I worked at 2 pep boys locations for almost 2 years. The problem with that company is they have $h!tty policies and it equates to paying their employees low wages, high turnover, and employees not knowing their a$$ from a hole in the ground. When I started there, there were a lot of older guys who knew what they were doing and showed the younger guys the ropes. Now all the older guys have gotten fed up with the bull$h!t and quit, and same with anyone who's been there for a while. They hire people with fast food background and no car knowledge or interest and FAIL. this is why their shutting down stores. not like I know anything (and I don't) but I wouldn't invest in their stock anytime soon.

Azzazzyn
04-15-2008, 12:58 PM
in this case, it was a state inspector telling me to replace the muffler when I just replaced the muffler and about 2 feet of pipe a few days earlier to comply with inspection. If these are the kind of people the company hires, then the company is at fault and therefore pep boys= fail

VikingJZ
04-15-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm never living in a state where I have to do inspections.

They get enough money from me anyway.

And to add on to what Tuner4Life said, yes the two PepBoys in our area shut down as of January 11 of this year. I asked for the reason and they stated that corporate felt that South Bend already had a plethora of auto parts chains within the Sb/Mishawaka region and that they were the least profit-grossing chain around. The nearest one is now in Kalamazoo, MI, which is about an hour and a half from here give or take a few minutes.

Jason can concur, he and I and some of our friends raped the hell out of PB upon closing.

They are notorious for unintelligent employees for the ones we had here. Yet, most of the chains around are hiring idiots, thus why their employee turnover rate is so ridiculously high. The Advance Auto in Plymouth (ten minutes from me) is probably the worst. They have a few knowledgable people that work there, but for the most part they just applied because they have an interest in cars and think they can do the job. One kid told me he didn't know Toyota owned Lexus and that the Supra was originally a Nissan car (He confused it with a Skyline).