PDA

View Full Version : Wtf?!?!

StormyBklyn
04-11-2008, 06:28 PM
I am so pissed. I nearly get arrested yesterday *FOR WORKING ON MY OWN CAR*, but this morning I come out to find that every car on the block had the passenger side mirror broken off, including the 'vert, Grand Marquis and Accord!
OK, so I was putting in the short shifter last night around 11pm. I look up just in time to see three Chargers speed right to me, one pull up in front of me, facing the wrong direct, the other pulls a sharp u turn pointing the nose of the car right at my door, and the third pulls up behind me. Lights are flashing, and six cops jump out with flashlights. Someone was walking by and saw me banging the pin out of the shifter assembly with a mallet and called 911. I get out of the car, not realizing I had an awl in my hand, and on of the cops tells me to drop it. Of course I do, but then I have to get out the registration, license, etc... and prove it's my car. While the cop is there, the guy walking past comes back and is like "Sorry dude". I tell him no problem, because, well, if someone was breaking into the car, I would want the police there. So, they verify that the car is mine, and tell me that maybe I should think about doing any work on the weekends or daytime hours. Fine. I was a little stressed by this, but no biggie.
So, I finish up, clean myself up, go to bed, and wake up in the morning. Go out to the car, go to open the passenger side door, and there is my mirror, lying on the floor, with the mirror itself shattered and lying in pieces. The housing is completely cracked, and the wires are hanging. I look behind at the Grand Marquis, same thing, only the housing is a lot thicker, so it didn't break, but all the wiring was torn. The glass held up together too, so maybe I can repair the Merc's mirror.
Damn! I get scared doing work on my own car at night, but someone can break *SIX* car mirrors and no one calls the police. WTF?!??!
Called Autozone, they can't get the mirror, called Strauss, $218. Called TAP Recycling, $85, but no guarantee that it will be white. Eh, if it's not, I'll sand, prime and spraypaint. I am SO pissed.
/end rant

celica91gts
04-11-2008, 06:31 PM
damn man, people must really hate you to break all of ur car's mirrors... unless thier some jackass kids who terrorized the whole neighborhood. sorry for u man.

StormyBklyn
04-11-2008, 06:36 PM
It was jackass punks. They broke the mirrors off of every car on the block. There was a Civic, my Accord, Merc and vert, a minivan and a Camry all with broken mirrors this morning.

ciento44
04-11-2008, 06:37 PM
I am so pissed. I nearly get arrested yesterday *FOR WORKING ON MY OWN CAR*, but this morning I come out to find that every car on the block had the passenger side mirror broken off, including the 'vert, Grand Marquis and Accord!
OK, so I was putting in the short shifter last night around 11pm. I look up just in time to see three Chargers speed right to me, one pull up in front of me, facing the wrong direct, the other pulls a sharp u turn pointing the nose of the car right at my door, and the third pulls up behind me. Lights are flashing, and six cops jump out with flashlights. Someone was walking by and saw me banging the pin out of the shifter assembly with a mallet and called 911. I get out of the car, not realizing I had an awl in my hand, and on of the cops tells me to drop it. Of course I do, but then I have to get out the registration, license, etc... and prove it's my car. While the cop is there, the guy walking past comes back and is like "Sorry dude". I tell him no problem, because, well, if someone was breaking into the car, I would want the police there. So, they verify that the car is mine, and tell me that maybe I should think about doing any work on the weekends or daytime hours. Fine. I was a little stressed by this, but no biggie.
So, I finish up, clean myself up, go to bed, and wake up in the morning. Go out to the car, go to open the passenger side door, and there is my mirror, lying on the floor, with the mirror itself shattered and lying in pieces. The housing is completely cracked, and the wires are hanging. I look behind at the Grand Marquis, same thing, only the housing is a lot thicker, so it didn't break, but all the wiring was torn. The glass held up together too, so maybe I can repair the Merc's mirror.
Damn! I get scared doing work on my own car at night, but someone can break *SIX* car mirrors and no one calls the police. WTF?!??!
Called Autozone, they can't get the mirror, called Strauss, $218. Called TAP Recycling, $85, but no guarantee that it will be white. Eh, if it's not, I'll sand, prime and spraypaint. I am SO pissed.
/end rant

I can get you one for cheaper than that. Check out the "Ciento is going...." thread, i think i quoted for a power mirror on there already. Let me know if you want me to find you one.

If you need it RIGHT NOW, then go ahead and go with TAP recycling.

StormyBklyn
04-11-2008, 06:52 PM
I can get you one for cheaper than that. Check out the "Ciento is going...." thread, i think i quoted for a power mirror on there already. Let me know if you want me to find you one.

If you need it RIGHT NOW, then go ahead and go with TAP recycling.

Well, even with TAP, I'll have to wait 5-7 days. How soon are you going back ot the yard? If it's in the next week or so, I'll shoot you the money through paypal, but the cops around here can be asses about "unsafe" equipment, so I don't want to wait too long and risk getting a ticket.
Thanks

tuner4life
04-11-2008, 07:01 PM
That sux man, I'd be setting up at nights with a rifle, AK47, hatchet, tazer, etc..., and a video camera. Go kick me some ass for that.

StormyBklyn
04-11-2008, 07:31 PM
That sux man, I'd be setting up at nights with a rifle, AK47, hatchet, tazer, etc..., and a video camera. Go kick me some ass for that.

I'm not a violent man, but if I ever catch who did this, they're going to meet the business end of my 600kvolt baton. The baton won't leave any marks, I'd leave that for after.

I have my Axis IP security camera recording all the time, but of couse, last weekend my terabite HDD that it was recording to had a meltdown, so for the last few days I've been recording to a 100GB hard drive which runs out of space every two days, and I forgot to delete before I went to bed last night. I am buying a new HDD today, I would have had this fucker on video if I had my hard drive.

I am just SO glad they didn't get to the All Trac. I have folding mirrors on there, and those would have been a lot harder to replace than stock.

celica9303
04-11-2008, 07:51 PM
I have a stock red pass side mirror form my vert if you want it? Let say like 40 plus shipping..... Let my know

ciento44
04-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Well, even with TAP, I'll have to wait 5-7 days. How soon are you going back ot the yard? If it's in the next week or so, I'll shoot you the money through paypal, but the cops around here can be asses about "unsafe" equipment, so I don't want to wait too long and risk getting a ticket.
Thanks

Eh... i'm still in the process of setting up a paypal, to be honest with you. I forgot my password and stuff, and changed banks since the old one, so it'd probably be a few days on that.

I'm going again this weekend though. If you want to send a check or money order, i can get this thing shipped Monday out to you if you definitely want it, and i'll just wait on the money. Or if you just want to wait until you get it to send it, that's cool, too.

$35 + shipping is what i'll charge you. I'm not positive if i can get a white one, but i sure can try. :)

celicaGT90_05
04-11-2008, 08:16 PM
well, at least the police were doin their job and trying to make sure your cars werent getting stolen. I wouldnt mind too much, yeah it would scare me but then again, if it hadnt been me and I woke up suddenly with a couple cars missing, I'd be way more stressed then. As for the mirrors, did you call the cops and report a file? If it hasnt rained, there may be finger prints they can pull

StormyBklyn
04-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Eh... i'm still in the process of setting up a paypal, to be honest with you. I forgot my password and stuff, and changed banks since the old one, so it'd probably be a few days on that.

I'm going again this weekend though. If you want to send a check or money order, i can get this thing shipped Monday out to you if you definitely want it, and i'll just wait on the money. Or if you just want to wait until you get it to send it, that's cool, too.

$35 + shipping is what i'll charge you. I'm not positive if i can get a white one, but i sure can try. :)

Tried PMing you. Let me know what shipping is to 11218 and I'll get a check out to you riht away.

StormyBklyn
04-11-2008, 08:38 PM
As for the mirrors, did you call the cops and report a file? If it hasnt rained, there may be finger prints they can pull

Yeah, thats funny. NYC cops taking fingerprints for some broken mirrors. :laugh:
They didn't now, and they didn't when my car was broken in to and someone went though the console, glove box, trunk.

StormyBklyn
04-11-2008, 08:39 PM
I have a stock red pass side mirror form my vert if you want it? Let say like 40 plus shipping..... Let my know

Thanks, let's see if Ciento can get me a white one. I'd rather not have to repaint.

celica9303
04-11-2008, 10:54 PM
That's cool I just out out theere incase. Btw how the shifter? Install hard?

StormyBklyn
04-12-2008, 12:10 AM
That's cool I just out out theere incase. Btw how the shifter? Install hard?

Thanks, I appreciate the offer.

IUt was easy as cake. The hardest part was getting the damn washer off of the L pin. And for me to say that, trust me, anyone can do it. I'll have to take pics of the new shifter this weekend. With the stock knob, it sits at the same level as the cup holder.

Now to get a shorter, heavier knob...

celica9303
04-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Why didn't you get one with the shifter? Thway woulg have made sence if you had the cash my buddie loves his TWM set in his tc

StormyBklyn
04-12-2008, 03:04 AM
Why didn't you get one with the shifter? Thway woulg have made sence if you had the cash my buddie loves his TWM set in his tc

I already have a weighted Momo knob somewhere around here that I bought for the All Trac before I got my TRD knob. I just have to find it. The thing weight a lot more than any of the TWM knobs. Plus, I didn't think it was worth it to spend another $80 or so right now when there's so much work left to do on the two Celicas that is going to eat up a lot of my disposable income. I found some conversion coilovers that I like for the All Trac that's going to run me about $1100, plus the underbody brace, the rear strut brace, new wheels, FMIC, CS hood, etc...
But no matter what car I ever get in the future, if TWM makes a SS for it, I'm going to get it from them. The SS even looks cool before it was installed in the vert. Gunmetal gray with TWM in big bold letters. I love my SS.
Jeeze, I need to find all my shift knobs, see which one looks best with the SS. I have a few Momos, two Ichibans, a couple of no name brands, two TRD shifters (the leather one's currently in the All Trac), and the stock knob on the vert.

celica9303
04-12-2008, 04:46 AM
I Agee about spending money on othe more important things