PDA

View Full Version : AutoZone=FAIL

VikingJZ
04-09-2008, 04:51 PM
So I need a new valve cover gasket.

I call Gates Toyota in South Bend last night and they quoted me 13ish for intake and 13ish for the exhaust side (two VC's).

I call out to AutoZone TEN minutes from here and this lady tells me that their gasket for the Lexus is $58.99. I tell her to search for the one from a 1993 Supra NA. She comes up with the same part, but also a FelPro one for $25.99.

I tell her I will be in later in the day.

I get there about two hours later and she isn't there, but the store manajerk is. He's a complete knob and I usually avoid him. Anyway, I have him look up the part for the Supra and the SC and all he comes up with is the $58.99 one. I told him about the woman and he says he "recalls" the conversation.

Well, apparently this chick was just a parts truck driver that locked her keys in the truck and was waiting for the cops to come and unlock the truck for her. So...she wasn't on the clock and obviously knew very little.

AutoZone wouldn't price match because they had to order the part in. I said, "Why do you offer price matching if you can't do it with parts out of stock."

He said, "That's not my job!"

I just told him I'm never coming here again. Will probably write a complaint because I'm an ass.

I'll check NAPA today. But that was ridiculous

tuner4life
04-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Just get the one from toyota then.

ciento44
04-09-2008, 10:07 PM
"I will never buy anything from you people again unless it comes in an aerosol can."

I lol'd.

Hookecho
04-09-2008, 10:17 PM
why pay $60 when you could pay $26 in the first place? are you far from a stealership? autozone does tend to hire the worst of the oil lube flunkies. i don't know why that is but it's true.

donteatbugs
04-10-2008, 12:28 AM
i usally go to orielys. i like them and they are 2 blocks from my house.

Hookecho
04-10-2008, 12:44 AM
o'reilly is where i go too.

The Captain
04-10-2008, 04:10 AM
I went there, paid cash for an $8 thermostat. Didn't fit so I went to return it (with receipt in hand) and they insisted I had to give my drivers license number for a cash return.

In this day and age with ID theft rampant they wanted my f*cking DL number for an $8 return. I wrote the CEO a letter of this ridiculous policy. I refuse to give some dumb ass, minimum wage employee my personal info. I still have the g*d damn thermostat. I'd have my car towed before I bought a needed quart of oil from Autozone.

VikingJZ
04-10-2008, 05:33 AM
The closest $tealership is 45 min. The closer one has a new policy that won't allow people to buy parts without a VIN. Soo... I gave them my VIN and they said it isn't a Toyota VIN and I'll have to go to Lexus of Mishawaka.

Well fuck that.

Gates Toyota is on the west side of South Bend and is literally across the street from Boomtown. So taking a black Lexus with dark tinted windows an gangsta chrome wheels and sitting it in the parking lot isn't my cup of tea.

Advance in Plymouth price matched me at $25 not realizing that Toyota wants that much for just two gaskets and not the whole gasket kit.

Now that was a great deal. They ask for the competitor but don't call to confirm.

VikingJZ
04-10-2008, 05:34 AM
Oh and yall mention ORLY's (lol) but the closest ones are 50 min away for the nice one or 40 into Boomtown. The guy at the state line store told me that the one on Western ave in SB is on the verge of closing because their sales are so low due to location. :laugh:

CriScO
04-10-2008, 05:56 AM
It's good to see that a lot of you like O'Riley's, they just bought my company.

TheNefariousOne
04-10-2008, 06:02 AM
Why not use 1sttoytaparts?

MCcelica
04-10-2008, 06:14 AM
^Thats what I was thinking...

VikingJZ
04-10-2008, 04:57 PM
^because my credit card is near its max and mom won't let me use her's to get it.

Plus Advance told me it would be in today at one provided I pay before seven PM last night. So I did that and it should be in soon. Problem is I'm up at IU and that Advance is 40 minutes from here and ten from my house. I'll pick it up before I go to work tomorrow.

ciento44
04-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Fail!!

VikingJZ
04-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Sho fizzle