PDA

View Full Version : altered my air intake *56k warn thing*

celicaGT90_05
04-07-2008, 02:15 AM
So I decided to relocate where my air filter set, so I had 2 pieces of pipe that I had to cut. The first one, which was pictured in my update thread, I had to cut about 8 inches off of, and the 2nd one I cut about an inch off of. It relocated the fiter right behind the battery right beside the fender. This is an ideal spot for cold air, this did help not only just the performance, but helped the performance stay at a steady rate (didnt start sucking in hot air from the motor running). Anyway, heres a pic

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f296/rangerxlt91_05/My%20Celica/000_0145.jpg

I also have a pic of my interior, I know, its not the best lol

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f296/rangerxlt91_05/My%20Celica/000_0147.jpg

19celica90
04-07-2008, 02:20 AM
i really like the way that came out. Good job!

celica91gts
04-07-2008, 02:26 AM
looks good. minimizes heat soak.

Maleek
04-07-2008, 02:39 AM
did you paint your interior yourself, looks great! how'd u get the dash out?

celica91gts
04-07-2008, 03:16 AM
very carefully im sure =P

celicaGT90_05
04-07-2008, 03:22 AM
heh no I didnt paint the interior, and its kinda bleh lookin. When I got the car, the dash was already painted and...wasnt removed, so although you cant see it, there is a little bit of overspray on the windshield. It needs redone, I do kinda like the black but certain parts still let the red shine through. I went ahead and did my door panels to match but they didnt come out so well. Thanks for the compliment though, it just needs some straitening up, but Im not real worried about it.

Oh and yeah, the intake does help being like that instead, with the way it was before after so long I'd lose a bit of power cuz it would be sucking in heated air, this way there is nothing but cool air

Cavanagh
04-07-2008, 04:03 AM
looks good, keep it up.

car
04-07-2008, 04:34 AM
Wheres your center console???

Ghosty
04-07-2008, 04:41 AM
Looks like a good job- I see how you got innovative there, working the pipes around - looks good! I'm sure it helps some.

The thing I'd do to improve on the design is put back in some of the original intake ductwork. I'm not talking about the entire tract, of course, but there is the one piece that ducts in air just below the driver's side headlight.

If you put that in there, and had it breathing right on the filter, you'd probably see additional improvement.

celicaGT90_05
04-07-2008, 05:17 AM
Wheres your center console???

Beats me, didnt come with the car lol I need one

Looks like a good job- I see how you got innovative there, working the pipes around - looks good! I'm sure it helps some.

The thing I'd do to improve on the design is put back in some of the original intake ductwork. I'm not talking about the entire tract, of course, but there is the one piece that ducts in air just below the driver's side headlight.

If you put that in there, and had it breathing right on the filter, you'd probably see additional improvement.

I know what you're talkin about, and I have it but I removed it for added space, and also cuz it kinda looks stupid just sittin there with no purpose. The filter is right near the hole that the piece connects to, so the air can still get there, and also theres no air that blows in to that hole, just pulls air in from the fender so I dont think it would help a whole lot. If I did have it in, I dont think I'd have enough space for the filter to sit there

Mr Celica
04-07-2008, 04:49 PM
that thing is ready for track racing! now it just needs a roll cage!! haha

Ads28
04-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Looks good:) nice work, if you really want to u can put another straight piece right threw that hole in the fender and stick the filter in ur fender :) totally away from engine heat , thats where mine is :) http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20501

Wicked Toys
04-07-2008, 11:55 PM
I like the Intake Setup. And hell you even have enough room to make a box behind the battery to keep more heat away.

celicaGT90_05
04-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Looks good:) nice work, if you really want to u can put another straight piece right threw that hole in the fender and stick the filter in ur fender :) totally away from engine heat , thats where mine is :) http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20501

I thought about it, but I dont think it is really worth while for the 5SFE, and not that it wouldnt help, it's just that I'm going to do a 3SGTE swap when out of college which will probably put the filter in a different location, then I'd have a hole in inner fender guard

I like the Intake Setup. And hell you even have enough room to make a box behind the battery to keep more heat away.

yeah I know haha I'm considering it, just dont know if I will be able to find the materials for it

Hookecho
04-08-2008, 03:02 AM
looks good enough for government work.

grayscale
04-08-2008, 04:34 AM
Hey Bruce, it looks like you're a little low on oil.:p