PDA

View Full Version : So some douchebag...

Chris
04-06-2008, 06:39 AM
...decided that respecting another's personal property just isn't how it's done anymore. The side of my car, right before the rear wheel on the drivers side, now has a crease and some rubbed paint. It's about one foot high, roughly. No contact number, no note, not even a piece of paper with a "screw you" on it.

It could be a lot worse, but it still pisses me off. This Celica means a lot to me, and it bothers me that some idiot that's incapable of driving didn't even have the decency to own up their mistake, especially when it damaged my vehicle. But whatever.

I really can't get pictures, but I may try. Since the crease is in the actual body of the frame, how do any of you, based on experience, think the best way to pop the dent out is? Is there any way to do it at home? Or how much does it usually cost to get a body shop to drill in and pop something like that? It's not a deep crease, just a longer one.

VikingJZ
04-06-2008, 07:11 AM
A cop here in town owes me $5,045 for damage to my 5G coupe..

five grand for damages and 45 for fiber hair reimbursement.

It sucks....pictures will help

Chris
04-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Yeah, I'll try tomorrow. What happened with your coupe?

celica91gts
04-06-2008, 10:37 AM
im sorry to hear that man. sad truth is most people who do get hit and run, dont get a note on their car with info on it. and yeah viking, how does a cop owe u that much money?

Hookecho
04-06-2008, 11:33 AM
that sucks man. if it's a dent then it may can be pulled. if it's a crease then your best bet is to just fill it with bondo and sand it down.

Chris
04-06-2008, 03:10 PM
that sucks man. if it's a dent then it may can be pulled. if it's a crease then your best bet is to just fill it with bondo and sand it down.

Well, it's a larger crease. I'm hoping I don't have to go the bondo route, that'll be pretty expensive paint wise.

VikingJZ
04-06-2008, 05:25 PM
An old guy with MS ran a stop sign and hit me. But because the cop that came to the scene hates me and my dad for assorted reasons, he falsified the accident report enough to make it look like it was my fault (Even spelling accident as axsident).

Fortunately my insurance did not go up because of the fact that it was submitted that the officer was not neutral, BUT my car did not get fixed.

The old guy was supposed to be wearing glasses, but instead put them on after getting out of the car, and the grabbed his walker.

geebes
04-06-2008, 06:43 PM
OH noes!!

celica91gts
04-06-2008, 08:07 PM
dude.... how small is your town where cops actually know u personaly. thats fucking bs

celicaGT90_05
04-06-2008, 09:16 PM
man that sucks, and whats worse is that hookecho is right, creases arent something you can pop out. Hope everything works on for you, did you report it to the police? Perhaps they can locate the vehicle

bloodMoney
04-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Maybe try to find a place that does paintless dent removal to see how far they can get it out... There may still have to be some bondo involved to get it perfect. A real good wash will show you how bad the paint is underneath.

Chris
04-07-2008, 12:28 AM
man that sucks, and whats worse is that hookecho is right, creases arent something you can pop out. Hope everything works on for you, did you report it to the police? Perhaps they can locate the vehicle

I'd have to go to all the parking lots I've been in for the past couple days and try and get video tapes. I guess I could, but for all the effort the case most likely wouldn't go anywhere.

I got a better look at it today, it's not so much of a crease, just a wide dent. I dunno, maybe it can be popped out from the inside. My dad and I will have to remove the plastic paneling on the inside of the car to find out.

Maybe try to find a place that does paintless dent removal to see how far they can get it out... There may still have to be some bondo involved to get it perfect. A real good wash will show you how bad the paint is underneath.

Not many places in town. But if it can't be hammered out, we'll try to see if it can be removed by a shop for cheap.

car
04-07-2008, 04:33 AM
Somebody backed into me in the school parking lot, insurance labeled it as 50/50 fault. The Damage sounds about the same as yours but insurance quoted it at $1100.00, I didn't believe it until the check came. Moneys in the bank, waiting to get spent on a new paint job after we try and un-dent it ourselves (a friend is gonna paint it for the cost of paint). Hope its not as bad as mine, but maybe the widebody made it worse on mine

celicaGT90_05
04-07-2008, 05:21 AM
I'd have to go to all the parking lots I've been in for the past couple days and try and get video tapes. I guess I could, but for all the effort the case most likely wouldn't go anywhere.

No what Im sayin is if you turned it in to the police, at least if you have some paint from the other vehicle on your car, than they can look for vehicles that match the paint swappage. If they do find a vehicle or 2 that match, you can figure out who did this

Chris
04-07-2008, 07:20 AM
Ah, gotcha. I'll look into it before I wash it next, hadn't thought of it. Thanks.