PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Toyota employees?

VikingJZ
04-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Would someone be willing to get me a discount on a the valve cover gasket and all the rubber grommets and stuff under the gasket to get my spark plug holes to stop getting oil in them?

Please and thank you.

Also, what spark plugs should I buy guys? AutoZone sells Denso plugs, but I want to put the best ones in that are economical to my budget as well.

MrWOT
04-03-2008, 05:18 PM
I'll give you a hint! It ain't me ;) As for plugs, anything straight copper. NGK BKR7E is the popular choice, I've used Autolite 5503 and Champion RC12YC without any problems. Currently running XP5503 autolites which is a fine wire plug.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=ATL&MfrPartNumber=XP5503&PartType=960&PTSet=A

ciento44
04-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Denso is good.

It's Toyota Todd that works at Fort Wayne.

4thgenceli
04-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Um.. you can get this for like 30bux.

CriScO
04-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Um... We talking about the Lexus or the 72 ST? I'm gonna assume the Lexus.

Like everyone else, I'd go either Denso or NGK standard copper. The NGK's usually run $1.99 each through CSK, and I can't imagine Autozone would have the Denso's any more expensive. You'll get a better result with those in an old Toyota motor for twelve bucks than you would spending more on platinum or irriduim.

T-spoon
04-04-2008, 02:11 AM
I remember there being something heinous about changing plugs on a 2jzge.. I can't recall exactly what, but I remember there was something that made it a crappy job for how simple it should be. Might not want to put coppers in if that's the case, but I dunno.. I'd personally put in whatever Toyota/Lexus said to put in originally (most likely a denso platinum or iridium)