PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and Gentlemen...my 165 is now in my driveway

-=DV=-
02-25-2005, 10:06 AM
well i finally got my gtfour paid off and its sitting in my driveway.....being my new toy i put about 250ks on it today getting used to it and such.....and all i can say is.....WOW....i have never been in anything so quick in my life....and god the acceleration...that speedo spins round that dial so quick and doesnt slow down till u hit 170....its amazing...im over the moon

Jaemus
02-25-2005, 11:38 AM
congratulations buddy! i know how you feel having just done a similar thing myself - i just went nuts and took it up through dural out to windsor and then out to the blue mountains, and back. i think i did 250 ks or so aswell :)

Keyroo
02-25-2005, 11:21 PM
congrats to mate

now comes the real money sucking part,, doing it up and keeping it on the roada hahah

speaking of which i gotta go and fix an oil leak ect ect

Classique71
02-26-2005, 02:50 AM
yay for another Gt4 owner - now get your cams licence and experience a Gt4 on the track - youll be most imressed - and have a heap of fun :)

Oh and words repeated by keyroo - Be prepared - the mod bug WILL bite you soon

-=DV=-
02-28-2005, 09:33 PM
congrats to mate

now comes the real money sucking part,, doing it up and keeping it on the roada hahah

speaking of which i gotta go and fix an oil leak ect ect

lol yup...dude mustve cleaned it up when i went and looked at it....but now i have an intake that has a nice healthy coating of oil around the inside...so im looking at a new turbo :S....any1 know what it costs to replace the oil seals in those things...or am i just better off replacing the whole turbo?...cheers

Aust162
03-01-2005, 07:01 AM
a bit of oil is normal. dont stress too hard just yet.all 3sgte's do it, some more than others. just clean it out and monitor it.it will probably be a good idea to fit a catch can too.:)

-=DV=-
03-02-2005, 12:27 AM
dunno if it means anything to u guys but the inside everything from the flap in my afm to my intercooler is literally coated in oil...but its not blowing any smoke at all...one would think if there was that much oil getting through it would be blowing some smoke wouldnt it?....

Elliott
03-02-2005, 04:30 AM
Nope :) Mine was too, check a post a made a while back (with pics). Everything had a thick layer of caked oil on it :D, she ran fine but it took a while to start.

Ive routed crankcase ventilation to the atmosphere now :P dont tell anyone

-=DV=-
03-02-2005, 05:21 AM
awesome aslong as its not an issue...last thing i need at the moment is to try and replace a turbo lol....thanks guys :)...ill still keep an eye on it and my oil levels just to be safe...but yeah she runs great...starts easy...and isnt blowing any smoke.... :hehe: all the oil in the intake just worried me a bit lol