PDA

View Full Version : Leak issue~

freddie
03-27-2008, 06:03 AM
Today I was changing my spark plus out of my 1993 Celica Gt and found out that there was oil in one of the pistons. Would you guys figure out what the problem is? Also that car has been sitting for 4 months.

sheep
03-27-2008, 06:28 AM
this has been brought up before, not sure what the fix is if there is one, if it will hurt anything, but try searching around the forum im sure it will pop up, or someone will link you to it...or explain it

cs363
03-27-2008, 06:35 AM
? In one of the pistons?? Or do you mean in one of the spark plug holes? If it's the latter, then it's probably just the cam cover gasket.

CriScO
03-27-2008, 08:27 AM
It's a possibility the rings on that piston have fried, a compression test can rule that one out. Otherwise, I'd look at the valve seals/guides, they're your best bet.

If you don't solve it right away be sure to check that plug every time you change the oil, it will foul out fast.

quark
03-27-2008, 01:32 PM
I have seen alot of times people pull their plugs, and the oil that where around the plug falls into the cylinder.. Alot of time oil gets in to the plugs because of a leake topgasket. (not headgasket :-D)

jnracer808
03-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I have the same problem.
I'll look in one of my old threads for the link because I know someone answered my question...

[EDIT]
"Unfortunately the only way to get oil in the spark tubes is that the tube itself is leaking where it is threaded into the cylinder head. When you have the valve cover off you should wrap the spark plug tube with some tape and use a pipe wrench to remove / unthread the tube. Then use loctite 572 (low strength thread sealer) or permatex high temp thread sealer on the threads. It is recommended that you buy a couple of new spark plug tubes anticipating that you will mess up one or more when you remove yours. After so many years they can be hard to remove and the pipe wrench may screw up some of these."

-Props to Davmac

freddie
03-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the HELP!!! I appreciated it!!!!

Hookecho
03-28-2008, 10:44 AM
could also be a leaking valve seal.