PDA

View Full Version : Turn your 7th gen into a Ferrari ? Wtf?

Ads28
03-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Came across this on my local car forum, apparently you ship this company your GT and theyll rebuild it n make it faster n better then a F430 ?

http://www.sensecars.com/index.shtml

Trance4c
03-26-2008, 11:39 PM
wwhhaatt? That is a full crazy ass conversion, thats not even a Celica anymore. Lots of custom stuff to put that engine in the back. It must be a completely new car. Other than the interior.. its erry.. I'm curious how good that frame would be in that drivetrain mode. Interesting. Nice find, hope its as good as it looks haha.

you know.. I realize though, they really don't have a finished product picture. The images of the engine in the back in the yellow car is different from the interior pics as you see the car in those is silver. Hrmm....

Mr Celica
03-26-2008, 11:51 PM
and the picture of the celica interior above the silver one is red.

and the engine in the yellow one is a ferrari engine... wtf.

maybe BS?

celicaGT90_05
03-27-2008, 12:10 AM
thats actually pretty cool....but something about it just does not look right, it looks so fake. I think its the length to width ratio, an actual F-40 is a stubby car with a wide wheel base while the celica appears longer

caneman
03-27-2008, 02:47 AM
Like always, look in the small print for the truth. In this case, the mid-engine V8's photo has the following caption: "V8 Engine replication from composites. Underneath the replica there is lots of storage space for HIFI and luggage!" Did you catch that? The "V8 engine replication from composites" (the web site's english grammar is almost as bad as some of the CelicaTech's posters).

What they're telling you is that the photo is of a fake engine, with storage underneath! We can assume that the ACTUAL engine; the celica engine, is up front where it usually is.

This looks like one of those wonderful offers that looks to good to be true; it should make you hold tight to your wallet and run; don't walk, to the nearest exit.

cs363
03-27-2008, 03:24 AM
That just ain't right - kinda like having an attractive transexual g/f, looks the part and all your friends will be impressed but you'll always know she's not a real girl!

:lolhittin

TheNefariousOne
03-27-2008, 03:33 AM
Yea, you don't actually get the Ferrari engine. It's just a body conversion, much like the MR2 Ferrari conversion kits. Kinda cool but it would look kinda goofy when you launch one of these things and the front tires spin...ghey.

You're better off investing the money you spend on the conversion and saving up to buy a real Ferrari. Can't beat the real thing.

celicaGT90_05
03-27-2008, 03:41 AM
wait, what part of "90% cheaper" didnt you guys understand? Theres no way theyd do the motor too and it be "90% cheaper"

VikingJZ
03-27-2008, 03:58 AM
^Just don't launch it...lol

I would do that in a heart beat. Whats the pricing? Seems like one of those, "We withhold that so you contact us." places.

cs363
03-27-2008, 03:59 AM
Well if they made a Celica lookalike in some Eastern European country that looked the same (and that's as close as the simlarities were) but was 90% cheaper would you buy it?
Personally I'd rather have the real thing. I just have this thing about lookalike cars and bikes and stuff, I just can't stand that.
If I wanted a Ferrari but couldn't afford it I just would stop there.... :)

cs363
03-27-2008, 04:00 AM
Its like those damn Wonderbra's....you get the girl home, pop the clasp and Wonder....WTF did those boobs go???

Fake = FAIL in my book. (However I will make an exception for artificial boobs....lmao)

TheNefariousOne
03-27-2008, 05:16 AM
You know, I wish companies would produce full body conversion kits that didn't mimic another car already in existence. Like, it'd be cool to be able convert a Celica to look like something different than what it is without making it look like a Ferrari and thus becoming poser #1. I know there already are companies that take cars like Corvettes and make them into their own design, so why not have it be able to do to a car that someone already owns?

cs363
03-27-2008, 05:19 AM
^^ Yeah, now that I have no problem with - nothing wrong with making it different but why pretend to be something its not and never will be?

Cavanagh
03-27-2008, 06:03 AM
If it's not a Ferrari, why try to pose like it is? It's like putting a "Type-R" badge on your Honda Element, its just not right.

Trance4c
03-27-2008, 01:46 PM
You know, I wish companies would produce full body conversion kits that didn't mimic another car already in existence.

Look up the DDR SP4 then!!! I WANT THAT!! Eventually down the road in the future, that way I can put to good use half the junk I already have with my celica's body is dead (rust sucks)

cs363
03-27-2008, 02:00 PM
^^^ Mmmm nice, though I think i'd just have to go for the SP8.... :hehe:

midship
03-27-2008, 04:35 PM
and the engine in the yellow one is a ferrari engine... wtf.

That's a replica engine with "storage space" underneath :smokin:

cms-gt4
03-27-2008, 04:43 PM
I would rather spend the money trying to do a gtfour 7th gen like fensports rather than something like this.

bzdweezy
03-27-2008, 05:04 PM
I would rather spend the money trying to do a gtfour 7th gen like fensports rather than something like this.

+1 i think that'd be pretty sweet to have someday

anthony560
03-27-2008, 05:09 PM
i think the 7th gen looks good just how it is

midship
03-27-2008, 06:54 PM
i think the 7th gen looks good just how it is
:wtf:
Did you really just say that?

I think you meant; "i think the 7th gen looks good as a pile of scrap metal." :lolhittin

ciento44
03-27-2008, 07:05 PM

I think you meant; "i think the 7th gen looks good as a pile of scrap metal." :lolhittin

Eh... it's still growing on me, too....

I think as new cars get more hideous, the 7th gen starts to look better.

I do luv me a clean GT-S, though.

But yeah... they're no Space Wedge, that's for sure.

midship
03-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Space Wedge?
http://stardust.jpl.nasa.gov/images/PIA02189_s.jpg

ciento44
03-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Space Wedge?
http://stardust.jpl.nasa.gov/images/PIA02189_s.jpg

You drive a space wedge. AW11.

Got pics of that ZX anywheres? I briefly had a 93 TT myself with a 1996 JDM Fairlady swap. Bought it when i didn't really make enough money to deal with the issues, and ended up half-assing it just to sell. Still irks me to this day.

midship
03-27-2008, 07:49 PM
You drive a space wedge. AW11.

Got pics of that ZX anywheres? I briefly had a 93 TT myself with a 1996 JDM Fairlady swap. Bought it when i didn't really make enough money to deal with the issues, and ended up half-assing it just to sell. Still irks me to this day.
:sneak:

I need to upload some pics of it, but haven't gotten around to it.
It looks stock, besides the '99 jdm taillights. Which look uber sexy on silver BTW.
/edit: found one, it's hidden behind the 2.
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/cbcastle/DSC00281.jpg

I know what you mean with the money/issues. My engine hydro-locked after I had it for a few years.
I then dropped $8,000 into motor, turbos, etc. and it still doesn't run right all the time.
When it runs, it's the best car ever made, but even today it's sitting at home only firing on 5 cylinders. :(

/edit
Actually me and anthony560 were just discussing how much more reliable our new (new to us) Toyotas are compared to our ZXs.

anthony560
03-27-2008, 10:37 PM

what i really meant to say was i just thought i would just leave it alone and leave for what it is. A chick car

...And hell yeah man, by the time my ZX hit 140,000 things just started blowing on it left and right. Still loved that car though, when it worked it was the greatest thing out there. Now that i have a toyota i can drive it and enjoying it without worrying about takin it to the shop next week.

Cavanagh
03-28-2008, 12:58 AM
I swear people who hate on 7th gens are the ones who are angry/jealouis that Toyota made a semi-quick Celica.

midship
03-28-2008, 02:20 PM
oh yeah, semi-quick.
Damn you Toyota!!!

I've got nothin against the engine, but the car is ugly as sin.

I wouldn't mind a 1zz in my mr2, but i'd go 2zz or 3sgte so I could have an almost-quick car.

anthony560
03-28-2008, 05:11 PM
yeah i agree i think toyota could have churned out a better design then the 7th gen. I like the look of the 4th and 5th gen. The 6th gen was ok just not the biggest fan of the round headlights and the 7th gen well great motor but as for the looks i dont kno. I dont kno i guess im just a sucker for pop up headlights :bigthumbu

Uncrck2
03-29-2008, 12:45 AM
idk guys that car looks fuckin sick ya its not a real ferrari but fuck it for 22k u get some sick ass lookin thing and by the way its a toyota so u can mod the engine and shit later and it has the reliablity of a toyota cuz i know a guy with a ferrari its fuckin nice to drive and shit but he told me it takes loads of upkeep and its not a daily driver for say u could but ud end up at the shop every month so basicly not reliable but still nice

ciento44
03-31-2008, 02:07 PM
Wut.

cs363
03-31-2008, 11:47 PM
:laugh: ^^^^ my thoughts...put into word(s) :bigthumbu

goretro77
04-01-2008, 12:03 AM
That video they have on the website looks like its taken out of context - to me its taken during a HPDE event where most of the drivers are very new and its a definitely not a race. Very misleading.