PDA

View Full Version : me gettin spanked by a modified r1

Ricksta
03-26-2008, 03:28 AM
my buddy has had his motor out, i know he has some head work done but not sure how much, full graves system, pc3, few other things. im just two up in the rear with baffle kit on an 06. got my buddies tank cam for the nite and decided to test it out. got my ass whooped pretty bad. plus i was havin trouble findin a place to put my head so while i was tryin to find a comfy spot i was missin shifts here and there. either way, i got owned. later that nite i found out that i was ridin all nite on flat tires and didnt even know it. i knew somethin was up because i was topin out as quick, but jesus! im glad that fog came up or i would have been done if my tire tore to peices! couldnt figure out why my damn wheelies werent riding right all nite either, der on flat tires! blah...heres the vid.

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg98/Ricksta724/?action=view&current=Rickstafinal.flv

donteatbugs
03-26-2008, 03:59 AM
so why were you going 170+ on flat tyres? i dont understand the logic

Ricksta
03-26-2008, 09:38 AM
i didnt know they were flat till later. they looked inflated just had 0psi

geebes
03-26-2008, 03:52 PM
You like the flats for wheelie purposes...tell the truth.

alltracshoak
03-26-2008, 09:51 PM
man...thats some insane stuff there..

Ricksta
03-26-2008, 10:25 PM
You like the flats for wheelie purposes...tell the truth.

true...but not completely flat bro.

Hookecho
03-26-2008, 10:27 PM
that other r1 is fast. sounds like you were slamming the front rim on the pavement kinda hard when putting the front wheel back down. flat tires ftl. glad you didn't die that night. check your tire pressure before you ride foo!

Ricksta
03-26-2008, 11:01 PM
no i wasnt smackin the rim. but yea he has about 5k in work done to his bike. his bike should go damn near 200mph as mine will go about 180 on a non windy day. probably over 200 if he put a bottle on. im lookin to slow my roll though and getting into dirt riding again.

Trance4c
03-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Woo ya... you should check your tires before doing runs like that. I'll know ahead of time in the Celica, I keep check on pressures and tires very closely. Its the contact to the ground, the rest of its health doesn't matter unless you have good rubber man. Be careful, cool camera. Fast enough for sure.. that other R1 rocks you haha

grayscale
03-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Its the contact to the ground, the rest of its health doesn't matter unless you have good rubber man.
x5. If ya ain't got that, ya gotts nothin. I keep close watch on mine, they're just too expensive to have to replace more often than you already do.

Hiko
04-03-2008, 04:58 AM
his bike should go damn near 200mph as mine will go about 180 on a non windy day. probably over 200 if he put a bottle on.

It looks like you're topping out due to gearing at about 180, so unless he has different gears, he can't go any faster than that.

Those bikes are both stupidly fast though! Looks like a hell of a ride.

Ricksta
04-06-2008, 03:10 AM
It looks like you're topping out due to gearing at about 180, so unless he has different gears, he can't go any faster than that.

Those bikes are both stupidly fast though! Looks like a hell of a ride.
if you watch the video i was only in 5th gear lol.

i was wondering why it was taking so long to get to sixth till i realized my tires were flat!

Disco Dan
04-06-2008, 05:57 AM
200 mph. Hmm. Heck, even 180 mph. I'm suddenly contemplating all of the road trips I could cut in half. I mean, if I wanted to take a 600 mile trip, I could make it in less than 4 hours as opposed to the usual 10 in a car. How long can those bikes maintain that kind of speed?

Ricksta
04-06-2008, 11:40 PM
it can stay like that for awhile. ive held it for over a minute quite a few times at 6th gear redline. just dont keep bouncing it off the rev limiter at those speeds. but going that fast i eat up a whole shitload of gas. you would have to stop for gas prolly every 8 minutes or less at those speeds.

TheNefariousOne
04-07-2008, 03:33 AM
Dude, I have to ask...

Doesn't going 180 mph+ on two wheels with no protection (meaning no car around you) scare the living shit out of you? I've never ridden a motorcycle, and not that I wouldn't, I just don't think I'd have the balls to take it that fast.

bloodMoney
04-07-2008, 04:17 AM
Its not that bad going fast on a clear road like that... I just wish that I could get the GSXR up on one wheel... That B!#$h is heavy! But then, its only a 600

Ricksta
04-07-2008, 06:04 PM
dood i can wheelie a gixer 600 all day long. 600's are easier to wheelie then 1k's. 1k's have more of a racing/twitchy throttle. heres a vid of me wheeling my buddies 600. easiest way to get it up is to stand up. if your sittin down you need to be going about 40 and just about tach that bitch out when you slip the clutch.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=26991794

bloodMoney
04-07-2008, 10:09 PM
They lightened them up in 05 with the new body style. I've got an 03 and when I line up next to even a 05+ 750, mine's got more girth ;)

Maybe I'm just a scared wimp... That could be it too... I just know that it takes some effort to get that wheel in the air.

Ricksta
04-07-2008, 10:26 PM
anything bike can be wheelied dood. shit if a goldwing could be wheelied your 03 can do the same. are you powering up or are you clutching?

bloodMoney
04-08-2008, 12:31 AM
All powah son! lol I'm the only one in my close group of friends that's a reasonable rider so it's not like I have anyone telling me what I should be doin/ doing wrong...

I trust that now I'll be coming to you for questions like this :)

Ricksta
04-08-2008, 04:06 AM
the problem with powering it up is that you gain too much speed tryin to get to balance point, unless your geared really high i wouldnt try powering up. you should practice slipping the clutch. use one finger and pull the clutch in. then you slip the clutch out till your finger cant go any further, then after your up on one you can let go of the clutch of the rest of the way. dont "pop" it out and just let it go, you'll find yourself flat on your back doin it that way.

go 45 in second gear and then practice giving it more and more gas while slippin the clutch till you get used to it coming higher and higher. the easiest way to wheelie your bike though is standing up. try standing staggard like i do in the vid.

bloodMoney
04-08-2008, 04:46 AM
Sweet. :D I'll have to give it a try this weekend when I finally pull it out of mothballs... Thanks Ricksta!

Ricksta
04-08-2008, 11:06 PM
no problem...lemme know if you need anymore help. just lettin you know you'll do a 1000 wheelies before you start doing balance point. so find a nice long stretch of road that no one is on to practice on.