PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: 2JZ-GE Buffs

CriScO
03-22-2008, 06:29 AM
Anyone know what this hose barb is for?

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/6/0/8/8/2JHose.jpg

Sorry for the sideways, poor quality pic, I took it with my phone. Anyway, a friend of mine bought a IS 300 a short while ago, and recently noticed that this barb had no hose. There's another one directly opposite it, on the other side of the timing cover. We capped them both just in case, but the car ran without them capped for at least a couple of months. I'm guessing they're for an accessory he doesn't have or possibly something to do with California emissions, but I don't know the engine well enough to be satisfied with that.

So, anyone know what they're for?

T-spoon
03-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Ah, nope, can't tell from the pic. The one on the cover could be a test port but doesn't really look like it. The other end.. what is it attached to?

CriScO
03-22-2008, 08:43 AM
Ah, nope, can't tell from the pic. The one on the cover could be a test port but doesn't really look like it. The other end.. what is it attached to?

If there was another end I'd know what it was :)

What I meant was that there is an identicle port on the other side of the timing cover as well. Two vaccum ports, no hose on either, and they aren't in a position that would've meant they were once attached to each other.

T-spoon
03-22-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm not even sure they are vacuum. If I were super curious I'd take that engine top cover off and see what those barbs actually connect to. Could be some kind of vent. Can you feel suction or pressure on them with the engine running?