PDA

View Full Version : help !!!

Maleek
03-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Okay well, right now im trying to install my friends short throw shifter on his celica. He bought the ebay kit as i did but we're stuck right now and dont know what to do. The spacers that come in the kit are way to large, so when you go to put the assembly back on, theres not enough thread on the bolt, so we can bolt it down. We tried just using washers instead, but then the shifter linkage scrapes against the chassis. We tried to hammer out the existing bolts and put in the longer ones that comes with the kit, but they wont come out. No idea what to do, help is needed!! thanks guys!

Colossus20v
03-21-2008, 07:37 PM
can you grind the spacers down?

Maleek
03-21-2008, 07:59 PM
no grinder with me, but thats a nice possibility

Shadowlife25
03-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Why would you need to hammer on the bolts? Either they fit or they don't right? If you have a hardware store nearby like ACE or OSH I'd suggest going there to get the correct bolt for your project.

Maleek
03-21-2008, 08:15 PM
the thing is those bolts are PRESSED in, thats why i said theres no possible way on getting them out. RIght now my only possibility is lifting the the whole assembly so it clears the chassis.

505celicaGT
03-21-2008, 08:25 PM
thats wierd they are pressed in.

Maleek
03-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Well i ended up lifting the entire assembly. It clears so now it doesnt hit the chassis. I just hope it doesnt put too much stress on his cables. We'll find out i guess.

shifts are pretty stiff too. ah well

Shadowlife25
03-22-2008, 04:27 AM
It shouldn't stress the cables much if at all. If you want a smoother more positive shift feel, you can use solid bushings on the cable ends (the tranny side) You can get them on E-Bay for about $15.