PDA

View Full Version : oil leaks

sheep
03-21-2008, 07:21 AM
well had pepboys take a look at the oil leaks, or as they call it "oil leak diagnostic test"...just a big name for rev my engine at 5k for about 30 second waste all my gas and see where the oil is coming from...but anyway the oil sending unit and the main seal was the problem, i did the oil sending unit part was like $10, and the main seal is about $20 but im not so sure i want to tear into that, from what they said they would charge me 1500 since they have to take the engine out, was wondering how hard this would be to do myself? and if the engine/tranny has to actually be lifted out, the sending unit was most of the oil leak so im thinkin i might just let it leak, i could have a jdm motor shipped to my place for almost 1500 so i dont think its worth paying them to do a seal when i could have a whole new motor come for the same price.

Luda
03-21-2008, 01:59 PM
3s swap

just do it

sheep
03-21-2008, 06:36 PM
know of anywhere i could get a low miles tranny for a GT? i dont want to convert my car to awd, and my tranny has alot of miles on it so i dont want to be bolting a bigger motor onto it