PDA

View Full Version : Anything Else I will Need?

AllOutRed90
02-25-2005, 12:10 AM
Ok so here is my plan, i have found a great deal on a 94-99 Celica 3sgte engine, the model with 245 HP or sumn like that....During this swap i plan to swap out my automatic (yes i know its going to be diffult) for a Mr2 Turbo one, or else just the 5 speed Manual (Celica)....Well with the engine i am buying it comes with the Engine, Uncut Wiring Harness, All-trac Tranny (worthless to me), ECU, and Intercooler. I guess my question is will i need anything else? or should i pay $1000 more dollars for the clip? Yes, do get me started on reading the Swap Page at the top of the thread...Ive read it, and gone threw it numerous times...i have enough experience, But one thing i wanted to ask, Will I need the clip? To me its just extra weight for shipping and extra time to get it outta there....

Colossus20v
02-25-2005, 12:12 AM
I would get the clip if I were you. If it is in good condition then you can sell off the body parts and make back some money. But definitly get a clip because that way you will have everything at your disposal.

Keoni
02-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Going with a 1994-99 3SGTE engine into your 5th gen would probably be a electrical nightmare if you dont get the entire front clip. I know of a few guys who have done that type of swap like "Roo" from alltrac.net but I doubt that he would have been able to complete it without the front clip. I know that the importer says uncut harness but sometimes you will need things from the chassis harness not just the engine harness.

I say get the whole front clip or get a ST185 CS front clip. That way if you get the front clip you will have all the hardware you will need to convert to manual and to be able to drop a MR2 turbo transmission since the all-trac and the MR2 turbo transmission share the same mounting locations,shifting hardware and you wont need to order outer all-trac axles.

Pay for the front clip and save money in the long run.

alltracman78
02-25-2005, 12:42 AM
:stupid:

Definitly.
That way you get all the extra stuff you're going to find out you need.
All the accesories, electronics, ect.
You should/will need to get a RC hood, to vent the extra heat...
And if the tranny is worthless, can I have it? :hehe:

On a serious note, if you do get a clip, I would be interested in the tranny/rearend.

AllOutRed90
02-25-2005, 01:10 AM
ok well the clip would be only then front end...not the rear (alltracman78)

As far as the clip i guess ill see if i can find one for an agreeable price, anyone got any good links that actually give prices for clips on there websites? (im not crazy about calling these places) I want to also see what im buying before i buy it? anyone got links with actual pics of the one you are purchasing from them? I know its alot to ask for, but i dont wanna get some junked out POS....

AllOutRed90
02-25-2005, 01:12 AM
also what stuff off the body am i really be going to need?

alltracman78
02-25-2005, 01:20 AM
you're going to need some external sensors, which might or might not be included in a engine/harness/ecu only.
Brackets for stuff.
All the accesories. It'll be alot easier to make them work than try to use your 5s stuff.

And usually in a clip, they send the rearend too, at least for awd cars...

Trance4c
02-25-2005, 01:22 AM
You'll need an engine and some wires and sumn like that.. or sumn.

Colossus20v
02-25-2005, 01:22 AM
Call Jarco and see if they have anything.

Snafu
02-25-2005, 04:09 AM
Don't invest in a 3rd gen 3SGTE. You could probably spend less and get a whole 2nd gen clip, and if you're lucky, an RC version.

alltracman78
02-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Depends what you want. If you intend to do the swap, and leave the car alone, you will get more power from the 205 engine, tho it will be quite a bit more difficult, mostly in the wiring department.
If you're going to do a bunch of mods to the engine, you're better off getting a 185 clip and using the $$$ you saved to buy parts. And, if you get the same year [90/91 - 92/93] and options, it will pretty much bolt in. Only problem being slight differences [if any] in the JDM wiring.
IF you somehow manage to find a CS clip, you're going to pay almost what you'll pay for a 205 clip. The only advantages to the CS clip are ic, ecu, larger afm, and the hood/bumper cover. HP is only 5 more than a reg 185...