PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Autocross

Newbster
03-17-2008, 08:52 PM
So me and my friend found an abandoned parking lot, thats close by, that is out of sight. We have been auto crossing it a few days a week, its pretty fun. We bought some cones at walmart, at the moment we only have 8 cones, but the track is pretty good, but only lasts around 30sec or so per run. We can extend out more, as the parking lot has more room to offer, but we are starting out easy and small. The parking lot isnt exactly a square , but a semi-small one with island type um..islands. We time each other and try shaving off time. It's great practice, I cant wait until autoX season starts.

Has anyone else ever tried this?

PS-I'm hoping to get a video soon and post it up here.

tuner4life
03-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Sweet... Till the cops come.

LOL, have fun!

Luda
03-18-2008, 01:06 AM
im trying to talk one of my clients into letting me use there back lot for a auto-x session.. or 4

i demand vids when cops bust it up

KoreanJoey
03-18-2008, 02:16 AM
Yeah I don't recommend this to anyone. Please keep this forum for legitimate racing not doing something that'll bring police attention to yourself.

Newbster
03-18-2008, 02:30 AM
If you haven't noticed I wrote in the above, "Abandoned", and also "out of sight", meaning its a pretty good ways away from the public and police for that matter. It is also 2 people, as I stated "Me and my friend".

This is as legitimate as it gets my friend.

Also, does anyone know any other configurations we could run. We try switching it up, but I dont know many configuration techniques for AutoX. There is no way we can do a slalom at this lot.

KoreanJoey
03-18-2008, 07:23 AM
No I'm sorry, this is not sanction, not insured, not legal.

IE not legitimate.

Locking thread.