PDA

View Full Version : MR2 out of the shop.. Going to pick it up right now

Luni
02-24-2005, 05:18 PM
So after a new turbo and new alternator Im going to get my car finally.

(there were some complications that caused it to be in longer than expected but they were electrical and the guy got them taken care of).

The problem is the thing still doesnt hit 7 psi like it should.

I havent driven it so I dont know exactly how it feels, or responds or whatever, but lets assume the turbo is fine (cause 99 percent of the time a boost problem IS NOT in the turbo).. What do you guys think it could be.

I have VSV disabled. I have a MBC in there, It doesnt matter if its open or closed, it still does the same thing. The only thing I can think of is a GIGANTIC boost leak (which Ill look for) or a HUGE restriction in my exhaust (which I woudlnt put it past my car, cause I was running like shit for a long time and rich and smokin and shit).

Ill keep you guys posted.

BUt if you could just throw out random shit for me to consider that would be appreciated. Keep in mind most of it Ive prolly alreayd thought of and have or will test, but Im sure some of it I wont have.

Luni
02-24-2005, 07:31 PM
So I turned my boost controller all the way up (wastegate should see NO boost pressure. I get like 12 psi, car still pulls timing a bit on me, but its like its burning SHIT out of it or something. I suspect my exhaust is a restriction or something. Gonna go home and unbolt the fucker and give it a shot.

Playfortoday
02-24-2005, 07:42 PM
I had the same problem when a hose came off my turbo for the EBC. The turbo was blowing air right out of the nipple on the compressor housing. Effect: Low boost or unsustainable boost.

Luni
02-24-2005, 08:54 PM
It is my exhaust system.

I passed emissions, but barely. When I had the cat welded in, it passed with flying colors. The difference is only like 1.5 years and 20-30k worth or use.

That tells me when my other turbo was dying, and it was blowing smoke, it was fuckin up the cat.

In addition to that my muffler is fucked and restrictive because it has pieces of my other cat in it from when it died the first time and I had to gut the stocker.

So as soon as I get my exhaust system worked out my car will be tiptop again.

God Im fuckin excited. I still can hit 14psi in 5th gear now tho. It pulls pretty well. Its been a good day so far.

Borinal
02-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Kick Ass Bob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the lil' feller, it's been so long!!!! :D:D:D MeOw? :kitty:

Luni
02-25-2005, 12:19 AM
So its dead.

Look in the forum for the story.

Trance4c
02-25-2005, 04:43 AM
Luni and his rod.. you need get some play, maybe it would be so stiff it breaks :eek: :slap:

Luni
02-25-2005, 04:58 AM
Luni and his rod.. you need get some play, maybe it would be so stiff it breaks :eek: :slap:

Very funny f00zi0.