PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a salvage car to save some cash?

Slider
03-11-2008, 06:02 AM
Check out this test they take a salvage focus vs a regular focus and do a 30mph head on crash test. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWEdlUT17PI

MrWOT
03-11-2008, 06:07 AM
Key words there "badly repaired"

sheep
03-11-2008, 08:18 PM
just dont get in a wreck...lol easier said then done sometimes. my car has been wrecked but not in the front if you look at the pics that i sometimes post up then you can see where the paint is a slightly different white color along the driver rear fender, me and my dad took it back to his place when we test drove it and started pulling stuff apart inside to see if everything looked ok and it did or i wouldnt of even considered it, its not a front end collision but i like to be sure that its been repaired right

tuner4life
03-12-2008, 06:09 PM
As long as it has been repaired correctly, it should be okay, just look for anything that seems out of the ordinary. As long as everything functions and looks like new, it probably will be okay. Lots of times you can tell crapy work by the paint. If the paint looks great, and matches the rest perfectly and tha gaps are all exactly equal then it's probably fine, but if the paint job looks cheap, the body work probably is too.

Also keep in mind that you cant ever resell a salvaged title vehicle and get as much out of it as a clean one, even it it all has been fixed correctly.