PDA

View Full Version : Are these two different hoses?

tuner4life
03-11-2008, 05:15 AM
Can someone look at these and tell me if they are the same hose or not?

Link (http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?parttype=18&ptset=A&searchfor=Power+Steering+Pressure+Hose)

They seem like the same thing (both high pressure steering hose for 1990-1993 celica). Are there 2 different high pressure hoses?

Look at the fittings on the ends, they dont look anything alike.

I kind of hope that I only need one of them, but which one would I need?

I'm really confused.

KoreanJoey
03-11-2008, 06:55 AM
linky fail. it takes me to the zip code page.

CriScO
03-11-2008, 07:12 AM
There are two high pressure hoses in your car. If you're planning on replacing one you should replace the other with it, it's a good bet they're deteriorating at almost the exact same rate.

CriScO
03-11-2008, 07:16 AM
linky fail. it takes me to the zip code page.
Partsamerica.com won't let you look at anything without a zip code. Technically the link is correct, but the pricing is based on region so it won't let you view parts without putting in a zip.

KoreanJoey
03-11-2008, 07:21 AM
And yes there are two high pressure lines for your power steering...

*Note: after you do this you'll want to murder whatever engineer decided that was a good place to put the high pressure line connection to the power steering pump*

sheep
03-11-2008, 08:23 PM
you should be good with either one of those hoses btw since no one seemed to say that, they are usually pretty good about having the right parts for your car, i have never had a problem with them always given me the right thing

unless the hoses are different someone correct me if he is going to need both

KoreanJoey
03-12-2008, 02:35 AM
Yes you need both. The hoses are definitely different.

Disregard Sheeps response. :)

But yeah there are 2 high pressure lines that go

1 to the power steering rack

2 to the power steering pump

tuner4life
03-12-2008, 02:46 AM
Ok, thanks. I guess I'll get both then.

VikingJZ
03-12-2008, 06:01 AM
Shouldn't be too bad of a job mang.

You know who to call

KoreanJoey
03-12-2008, 06:45 AM
It's not THAT bad... but it is kind of a pain.

You might want to go ahead and rebuild the power steering pump while you're at it cause it'd suck to get those lines in and then have the power steering pump take a poo on you.

Oh and remember to connect the high pressure fitting to the power steering pump before you tighten up the pump to the belt.

grayscale
03-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Do you have an O'Reilly Auto near you? You can save about $10 or so on those three parts, same brand.

tuner4life
03-12-2008, 05:50 PM
No I dont have an O'reilly. Just autozone, napa, carquest, and advance.

I just got a new steering pump about 3 months ago, so that should be fine, but everything else is going downhill, the rack gets bound up and stiff sometimes and it leaks out the ends, the tie rods are kind of loose, and I'm sure that some of the leaking of the steering is comming from the pressure hoses. I am going to be doing alot at once: Steering rack, pressure hoses, tierods and ball joints, then getting it all alligned. Thats all I can afford before the dragon.

I am looking at several sources to find all the parts cheap.

grayscale
03-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Heres a cheap source for some of those parts and a few more.
suspension parts (http://motors.search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&dfsp=11&satitle=celica&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&fmmk=&fmmd=&fylo=&fyhi=&mppfqy=celica&sadis=200&fpos=30286&sabfmts=1&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&seller=1&sass=bestsuspension&fsop=11%26fsoo%3D1&fgtp=)
I got the full set they have and it arrived the other day, all real good stuff and extremely cheap. When I saw the price of the inner tie rods at Advance I almost had a coronary. The shipping was pretty damn quick too.

tuner4life
03-12-2008, 09:47 PM
^yeah I looked at these parts before, I am pretty sure I am gonna buy from them.