PDA

View Full Version : PCV Valve Grommet

Kikkoman
03-09-2008, 08:37 PM
i heard i ticking noise coming from my pcv valve. it pretty much wasn't in i took to out to see if it flowed both ways (the what the repair manual said it should do) it does but almost not at all from the throttle body. i tryed putting it back in and it would fit right so i take the Valve Grommet out and when i did the ring on the lip snapped off. how to i get it out ?

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
03-09-2008, 09:28 PM
I thought the PCV was a check valve and was only supposed to flow one way?...but i guess checking to see if it flowed both ways would diagnose that good or bad then wouldnt it...nvm then...

VikingJZ
03-09-2008, 10:40 PM
I've neeeeeeeeever heard of that one. Sure your valves aren't chattering? PCV valves are five bucks or less, so dig some change out of the couch and go get one to see if that solves it. If not it may or may not be severe.

91 Celica GT-S
03-10-2008, 11:15 AM
if the grommet fell inside youll have to remove the valve cover to get it out. the grommet is probably old and cracked which breaks easily so if you plan on checking something like that you should be ready to replace it

tuner4life
03-10-2008, 10:48 PM
yeah, you really need to get it out of there.

Mine broke off inside too, and I found a new gromet at the local advance autoparts, they have a pretty good selection

Kikkoman
03-11-2008, 07:22 PM
ok thanks for the info i check with my shop teacher and he said that i should use some needle nose to get it out. tried it couldnt get to so i just took the valve cover off no big deal but now im going to put it back on and im wondering how i would do it. the cover has the original gasket on it but its 100% intact it not cracking and it fulling flexible. my shop teacher told me to throw some gasket sealer on it and put it back on. but i have heard a few ppl say that the rubber gaskets dont really need it so ya what does any one think?

tuner4life
03-12-2008, 06:12 PM
you shouldnt need sealant, but being used I dunno, I would just get a new gasket, they are like 20 bucks, then you wont have to worry about it again.

91 Celica GT-S
03-13-2008, 10:51 AM
just replace it. its cheap and easy.
if you use sealant your going to have a harder time cleaning it later cause its still leaking.

Kikkoman
03-14-2008, 10:08 PM
oh ok what is the torq spec on it though i can find it. saw in a forum 18 so i just did it to that