PDA

View Full Version : Difficulties with local stealership...

VooDooCC
03-07-2008, 02:03 AM
I don't know if this is the right place, and I am new here to be posting something that is vaguely celica related but here it goes.

I bought a 2000 Celica GT-S in October of 2007. I didn't do enough research before hand, and didn't know they only came in 6 speeds. So I had it for 11 days before it "blew up" (tried shifting, it went into neutral and then the clutch went and it caused all sorts of hell with everything else) Took me a few weeks of going to the dealership every day before I finally convinced them into giving me something else on the lot and taking the Celica back (wanted the money back). I got stuck with a Subaru Forester as the only thing on the lot at the time in the same price range.

It is now March and I just got a letter from Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. with a survey about the work that was done to the Celica at the same dealership in February of 2008. Remember, I was rid of the Celica in late October.

So my question is if the Celica is fixed to spec (right trans, new clutch, and everything else that broke) ... Does anyone think there would be any way I could give the Subaru back and get the Celica? Or would it have to be as a trade-in?

Cavanagh
03-07-2008, 02:50 AM
Well, first off, welcome and 7th gen Celicas did not come in only 6spds, they also had an auto.

I doubt they would re-trade a car back that was traded in for something like that 5 months later. Hell, i doubt they would ever even trade back straight up, you would end up paying some way.

VooDooCC
03-07-2008, 03:31 AM
Thank you for the welcome, I knew they came in autos as well, but the dealer swore up and down that they came in 5 speeds as well.

I figured that it was just wishful thinking, but I'm in the process of trying to sell the Subaru anyway, so I figured it would be worth a post. I'm going to try to stop in tomorrow and see if I can negotiate anything at all..I miss my 7th gen :(

505celicaGT
03-07-2008, 06:00 AM
welcome to c-tech mane!

sorry to hear about your stealership problems. usally used car dealers dont know much about cars period. one guy told me that a 327 can fit in a TDI jetta... sooo buyer beware.!?

VooDooCC
03-08-2008, 06:05 AM
Just got home from work or I would have posted sooner..

The only thing they will do is trade in. They'll give me 6000 for the forester, but I owe 6500 on it. They want 8900 for the celica, has an '03 engine and trans now, and they won't negotiate at all. After taxes, filing fees, and all that happy crap it comes up to 10,300 total or about $250 a month. I think I'm going to do it, that's $80 more than I'm paying now, but I love 7th gens

Newbster
03-08-2008, 07:12 AM
So you blew up the transmission, traded it for something else, now you want to trade that something else so you can get the original car back to blow up the transmission again...

celicaGT90_05
03-08-2008, 07:12 AM
I beleive the GTS only had 6 speed as an option and that the GT had 5 speed option.

Galcobar
03-08-2008, 07:13 AM
Meh, get prices from other dealerships first, in writing. Tell the other dealerships what you've been offered, and they will beat it. Then -- if you're set on going back to the same dealership -- tell the original dealer what you've now been offered.