PDA

View Full Version : Discount Tire rules

Luni
03-07-2008, 12:37 AM
Took my wheel to have a bend fixed, and apparently when I bent it, the lip where the tire seals was compromised and i had a slow leak. Its hard to tell whether your tire is low on a low profile tire, so I didnt even know. Anyway, took the wheel in, they said the tire was ruined. I told them to keep it and took the wheel over to Discount Tire with intention of just replacing both rears. Apparently I had certificates on the tires for road hazard and they ended up replacing the tired under road hazard because it was a pothole that lead to the destruction of the tire (the thing was totally bald becuase when I swapped crossmembers I didnt have alignment redone so my toe was out).

Anyway just saying they were awesome and took care of me and Im just happy with the service I got.

donteatbugs
03-07-2008, 01:41 AM
the moral...dont let your rims do crack

Sean
03-07-2008, 01:44 AM
I bought my G-Force KDW's from Discount. I was always a Les Scwhab guy until this last experience.

They knew I was on a tight time schedule, they made me late to class by half an hour. The manager came out, gave my one of my tires for free (160 dollar value), and mounted and balanced them for free.

It was way cool of them. :)

geebes
03-07-2008, 03:00 AM
I have had really good experiences with discount and les schwab, they both have replaced tires for me for free!

One time someone had slashed a tire of mine, and I didn't have the warranty, the guy gave me the option to buy the warranty at discount instead of paying for the tire...it was really nice of them

Luda
03-07-2008, 05:04 AM
i love the NTB near my house, i havent had to pay for mounting/balancing/alignment on any of my last 3 vehicles [even the swampers on my old Wrangler]

i dont think we have a discount tire or les scwab here in NoVA

david in germany
03-07-2008, 05:12 AM
I ordered a set of tires from DT 24 Feb. I received one of the tires on Tuesday. I emailed them the next morning and they did not reply, the NEXT day I got tracking info on 2 shipments and 20 min later a email back saying "rest assured" they have all been shipped, one from Ohio and the others from Texas... Why could they not send them all from one location... They said that all locations had them in stock when I ordered...

VikingJZ
03-07-2008, 05:14 AM
Discount is usually pretty good about honoring things. Good guys to work with

sheep
03-07-2008, 05:40 AM
yeah i for one am glad i work for discount tire, its a good company and i plan to stay with them for a long time if everything keeps going good

I ordered a set of tires from DT 24 Feb. I received one of the tires on Tuesday. I emailed them the next morning and they did not reply, the NEXT day I got tracking info on 2 shipments and 20 min later a email back saying "rest assured" they have all been shipped, one from Ohio and the others from Texas... Why could they not send them all from one location... They said that all locations had them in stock when I ordered...

that is one thing about the company i dont like, when i was looking at rims for my car it said that we had the Five Xs in stock at my store but we didnt, i went with the Seven Xs anyway i think they looked better after i got them mounted up, but since we have people randomly coming in and getting 1 or 2 new its hard to keep up and somtimes we end up with odd numbers of tires till the next semi full of tires shows up

donteatbugs
03-07-2008, 05:47 AM
i order tires from edgeracing.com

they have good prices on azenis and are located in miami so my tires get here in 3 days. and shipping is usally 25 bucks for 4 tires

KoreanJoey
03-07-2008, 08:25 AM
You get a free road hazard warranty through castrol if you use Synthetic blend at my dealership...

If I have a problem with one of my tires I'll just pay for an oil change (at discount :) ) and get a new tire.

Shit Rix paid for an oil change to replace a tire he totally screwed up wheeling... I think he said it had a root sticking out the sidewall or something...

20-30 something bucks for a new tire AND an oil change... sweet.

ciento44
03-07-2008, 02:47 PM
I get free oil changes at Tires Plus, and employee discount at Discount Tires through people that work there respectively.

However, neither really help me in my quest to find a decent 215/45-16 tire.

celica9303
03-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Discount tire ftw

tuner4life
03-07-2008, 09:58 PM
yeah i for one am glad i work for discount tire, its a good company and i plan to stay with them for a long time if everything keeps going good

that is one thing about the company i dont like, when i was looking at rims for my car it said that we had the Five Xs in stock at my store but we didnt, i went with the Seven Xs anyway i think they looked better after i got them mounted up, but since we have people randomly coming in and getting 1 or 2 new its hard to keep up and somtimes we end up with odd numbers of tires till the next semi full of tires shows up

Nice those are the same rims I have (sevenX) Just in 17" I like them too.

I am one of those guys that came in and got just one rim, I bent one. :(

KoreanJoey
03-08-2008, 03:15 AM
However, neither really help me in my quest to find a decent 215/45-16 tire.

Falken Azenis RT-615
http://edgeracing.com/tire/5935/

Hankook Ventus RS2 Z212
http://edgeracing.com/tire/1517/

There ya go.

donteatbugs
03-08-2008, 06:34 PM
edgeracing ftw. i ordered tires friday and they will be at my house tuesday.

sheep
03-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Nice those are the same rims I have (sevenX) Just in 17" I like them too.

I am one of those guys that came in and got just one rim, I bent one. :(

it happens, dont see a pothole till its too late or something like that lol we replace random rims all the time

ciento44
03-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Falken Azenis RT-615
http://edgeracing.com/tire/5935/

Hankook Ventus RS2 Z212
http://edgeracing.com/tire/1517/

There ya go.

I guess i need to give up on TireRack and Discount tire for the hatch....

Thank you so much sir. Bookmarked.

I lurves me sum RT615s.