Newbster
03-02-2008, 06:43 PM
http://www.ibherdesign.com/eb/toyota/toyota-yaris-body-kits.jpg
Yes.
http://www.pattayavacationrental.com/tumbs/toyota-yaris-788037.jpg
No.

19celica90
03-02-2008, 07:10 PM
im getting one for my mom soon, i really like them. fully loaded for 17ish? i think, thats really good in my opinion.

Mr Celica
03-02-2008, 07:14 PM
i like the sedan "S" model, looks pretty neat. not a bad car for an economy car, better than the FIT imo.

Mr Celica
03-02-2008, 07:15 PM
http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/article/721/721806/07_yaris_sedan_s05_1154126366.jpg

see, not bad!

T-spoon
03-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Wellll, since we've had one since August, driven it in city and cross country in warm dry weather and cold icy weather in hilly and flat terrain.. here's my $.02:

Ours is an 07 Hatch, 5spd.

Gas mileage is good but not mind boggling:
City with some spirited acceleration (yes, it actually gets out of its own way, though it's not "fast") we see around 32MPG usually. That's pretty much the same in Houston and Seattle both. We could probably do better than that because the gears are uber long, but eh, that's how we drive.

Highway is very good, it was pushing close to 50MPG drafting off the U-Haul on the highway stretches between Houston and Seattle.

Build quality thus far seems like typical Toyota as far as drivetrain and overall durability, we've had no issues, we just drive it. However, we're still a little under 10k miles, so there's not much you can tell from that, it's still a baby for a Toyota.

The interior.. I have honestly been very dissapointed with. It's all cheap plastic, though the layout and shapes are just fine. The surfaces are all textured so they take on scuffs just from a brush of your hand (dead skin getting rubbed off etc.) so it's about impossible to keep the plastic panels looking new. Also, there are tons of rattles already. The reverse light in the hatch started making noise after a month or less of driving. Part of the problem in that regard may be that it's so quiet otherwise, but you really do notice all the panel rattling when it is that quiet.

The good about the interior is space. Boy does it have space. The headroom feels almost like riding in a mini-van. We've had 6ft+ friends in the car that had plenty of leg and head room. When you fold the rear seat down (at least in our hatch model) you can fit more cargo in it than any full size sedan will hold in terms of cubic-foot sized objects. We filled it up with three computers and a few boxes of junk when we moved and still kept a little bit of rear-view. I've never seen a car that size hold so much stuff! (I'll also add those awesome almost 50mpg tanks were with a few hundred pounds of that cargo in the back)

Exterior.. well I mean it is what it is. After looking at it every day for several months it's still the only econo box (that we payed under 14k for) that doesn't bore me to tears to look at. It's not beautiful but it's just fine.

Performance. Well, it's a bit mushy suspension wise, but the ride is as expected. It handles itself fairly well. It feels sharper than a camry for instance, but not quite as corner-friendly as a stock 6g. Turn-in is quite frankly superb. Parking lots are very easy places to be with this car and because the front end is so so so short, it's extremely easy to maneuver with very little room. (for comparison, it's almost as easy to move around tight places as our MRS was, in some ways better since the tires are narrower and the nose is even shorter). It doesn't have boatloads of power as I mentioned, but it is fairly rev friendly so it is no problem whatsoever getting around traffic or passing on the freeway.

Overall I'd say it's a good car for the price, though you can tell how they keep the price down by the build of the interior.

Amaymi
03-02-2008, 08:35 PM
The Yaris' interior is my biggest gripe. Unfortunately is also pretty much a deal breaker for me. When I sat inside of a Yaris for the first time, the first word that came to mind was cheap. Very cheap. Like T-spoon said, there is nothing wrong with the lay-out, in fact the interior room is astounding! But it all feels so cheap. The plastics all feel like they are going to break if I touch them wrong, or sneeze too violently, and the seats look and feel a lot like ,dare I say it?, Chevy Cavalier seats.
On the positive side I have yet to pull a Yaris into my bay for repairs or see a Yaris anywhere in the shop other than the oil change racks.
If you want a dirt cheap brand new car that will get good gas mileage in town and excellent mileage on the highway, this is the car for you. Me, I'll spend the extra money for a more comfortable car.

Murgatroy
03-02-2008, 09:38 PM
I really dig the Yaris.

I have been toying with the idea of buying one for a while now.

I don't like the sedan nearly as much as the 3-door.

I really like the 3-door.

I haven't driven one or done anything other than research them on the net, but they are highly modifiable. I have seen superchargers, bodykits, suspensions and the works for them.

wizzards581
03-03-2008, 08:23 PM
my brother has a S model 5spd. i dig the hatchback.

Cavanagh
03-03-2008, 10:16 PM
At the Chicago Auto Show i thought i would be SMASHED into one of the 3 doors, and they actually surprised me by actually having pretty decent leg room (for the driver at least)

geebes
03-03-2008, 11:52 PM
I got in a 4 door yesterday, and it had really good leg room front and back, and I'm 6ft 1...if I get some more time this week, I wanna test one out.

METDeath
03-04-2008, 03:21 AM
My major gripe is the gauge cluster isn't through the wheel, it's in the center. Other than that, it's reasonably quick, very spacious with a four door model.

VikingJZ
03-04-2008, 05:58 AM
Ex girl bought one....never rode in it.

She got a three door hatch base model

taint a bad car though

revv_head
03-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Don't like them very much at all in my opinion. But thats just me. Id never buy just an A-B car.

Ghosty
03-04-2008, 06:16 PM
http://www.ibherdesign.com/eb/toyota/toyota-yaris-body-kits.jpg

That Vitz gets me a big, rubbery one.

Oh, yes, I've driven one. And they are the sweet......

(On Gran Turismo 4 that is :bigthumbu)