PDA

View Full Version : i dont want ps or ac help !

Insan3
03-02-2008, 01:08 AM
so i want to remove the power steering and ac from my car since i am going to be trackin it..so how do i go about removing it ?

Newbster
03-02-2008, 02:04 AM
To remove AC components:

Evaporator is behind the glovebox. Glovebox is held in by 4 screws, 2 inside glovebox door, 2 on the bottom of glovebox unit.

Condensor, AC "Fill bottle", and a few AC hardlines are under the plastic covering over the radiator. Just press in the plastic tabs and the tabs come off to remove plastic covering.

Compressor is on the alternator belt, so to remove it you will first need to buy a shorter non-AC alternator belt. The compressor is held in by 4 bolts.

Power steering I have no idea...

Insan3
03-02-2008, 02:16 AM
thanks for the help !

celicaGT90_05
03-02-2008, 02:48 AM
the power steering pump is mounted under the motor, there is a seperate belt for it and the resevoir is up top. The pump is also its own tensioner, so there are 2 bolts holding it in, the resevoir is mounted on a bracket that has 2 hex head screws from what I remember

505celicaGT
03-02-2008, 05:57 AM
yeah i just removed my evap today. just like newbster said. it was easy. just find a way to seal up the grommet area where the high and low pressure lines enter the inside. goin to jump in the wiring to get rid of it all soon.

for the ps remove everything, there may be a cooler up front near the condensor. i cant really tell you what to do about the lines that go in the steering rack..

so all in all you will have one belt. are you using a UR pully?

--Tim