PDA

View Full Version : wheel spacers

sheep
02-29-2008, 08:35 AM
been looking for some rims for a while and i cant decide on what i want, i was looking at my car and thought i really dont mind my hub caps and since i dont really care if they get beat up then i could keep them and get some wheel spacers to make them stick out about an inch more,which i think would line it up with the fender, just wondering what you guys think as far as if it would look good or not, i plan on just doing the rears if i do them

geebes
02-29-2008, 04:27 PM
You put some GOD damn wheels on that car!!!!

extremeskillz
02-29-2008, 04:31 PM
or since you don't mind the hub caps.....go hub cap spinners :hehe:

cr250rdr
02-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Spacers have a pronounced negative affect (effect? can't ever get the usage right!) on overall handling. Spacers or wheels with the wrong offset significantly change the carefully engineered geometry of the suspension that our talented Japanese engineers worked so dilligently to create back in the '80s. Check out a very involved thread here on the site in the "Suspension" forums. More information there than I could understand.

But, that being said, it comes down to your personal preference on appearance vs. handling. Cuz it would definitely change the overall look and stance of the car. I won't pretend to know what is best for you. Have fun and make the car your own.

sheep
02-29-2008, 05:43 PM
i actually found some chrome ones that i like

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=2578470&cat=&lpid=

as i have told extremeskillz before i usually dont like chrome wheels but i think those would look great i called the guy just waiting for a response

thanks for the info cr250rdr guess i wont be getting them even if i dont get the rims

celica91gts
02-29-2008, 05:47 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW i warn other members not to click on that link.

ciento44
02-29-2008, 05:55 PM
I vote you cut about.... 3 inches around each fender, put those on, extend your studs, and put on a 3" spacer.

Ride that thing through town awwwwwwww yyeaahahhhh.

extremeskillz
02-29-2008, 06:02 PM
i actually found some chrome ones that i like

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=2578470&cat=&lpid=

as i have told extremeskillz before i usually dont like chrome wheels but i think those would look great i called the guy just waiting for a response

thanks for the info cr250rdr guess i wont be getting them even if i dont get the rims

Just warning you, those are ugly.

ciento44
02-29-2008, 06:05 PM

You know.... just a friendly warning.

hemlocke
02-29-2008, 10:48 PM

Damn.

I actually think the hubcaps look less like hubcaps than those chrome abominations. I would look up the manufacturer and see if they sell those in another color, like "Not Fugly," or something. However, that's just my opinion, and I'm an ass.

VikingJZ
02-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Yeah thems be wanksta fugly. They're way worse than my Enkei's and those are so-so.

Get something that doesn't make the world think you roll like a drug dealer.

sheep
03-01-2008, 06:48 AM
really i thought they were kinda cool, i cant afford them anyway so im just going to go with window tint and fix my oil leak instead

i ordered my clear sidemarkers, blinkers, and headlights the other day and i just put new fog lights on, the rest should be here tomarrow or monday, i will get pics :)

KoreanJoey
03-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Spacers have a pronounced negative affect (effect? can't ever get the usage right!) on overall handling. Spacers or wheels with the wrong offset significantly change the carefully engineered geometry of the suspension that our talented Japanese engineers worked so dilligently to create back in the '80s. Check out a very involved thread here on the site in the "Suspension" forums. More information there than I could understand.

But, that being said, it comes down to your personal preference on appearance vs. handling. Cuz it would definitely change the overall look and stance of the car. I won't pretend to know what is best for you. Have fun and make the car your own.

You mean the carefully designed suspension geometry that makes stock celicas understeer like a boat?

No, it's fine to run spacers although yes, they will change how the car handles, if you just run them in the back it'll probably increase understeer, you can play with both your alignment and your suspension setup to counter any problems you encounter.

I run a 25mm spacer in the back and it helps my car from over rotating as the spring rate that I chose made the car a bit too twitchy for my liking. Now it still rotates good but I can stay ahead of the car easily.

sheep
03-01-2008, 02:31 PM
You mean the carefully designed suspension geometry that makes stock celicas understeer like a boat?

No, it's fine to run spacers although yes, they will change how the car handles, if you just run them in the back it'll probably increase understeer, you can play with both your alignment and your suspension setup to counter any problems you encounter.

I run a 25mm spacer in the back and it helps my car from over rotating as the spring rate that I chose made the car a bit too twitchy for my liking. Now it still rotates good but I can stay ahead of the car easily.

yeah if i did a spacer i would only be doing a 15mm, i would go a little lower then that if they had spacers that had new studs on them, i dont want a spacer taking up the same stud im putting my tire on lol thats just stupid. and people wonder why we wont work on cars that have spacers like that