PDA

View Full Version : front engine torque mount bolt

Unarmed
02-28-2008, 04:39 AM
the front engine mount bolt that holds the chassis and engine parts of the mount together keeps on breaking off... every bolt I buy just snaps in two and flys off the bottom of the car... its starting to irritate me... does anyone know the CORRECT bolt for this piece?

also has anyone noticed how bad ass these cars sound when the flex pipe breaks (5th gen GT-S)? yes I am serious it sounds bad ass to me.

KoreanJoey
02-28-2008, 04:50 AM
Go buy a grade 8 bolt.

sheep
02-28-2008, 05:20 AM
also has anyone noticed how bad ass these cars sound when the flex pipe breaks (5th gen GT-S)? yes I am serious it sounds bad ass to me.

does it sound really ricey only coming out of the front of the car? lol mines sounds like that

Lonestag
02-28-2008, 05:48 AM
I have always thought a nice set of side pipes would be a unique but kina loud way of going at the whole exaust thing.

sheep
02-28-2008, 06:03 AM
lol i thought about that too just didnt know how much it would be to set that all up when i do my exhaust

Unarmed
02-28-2008, 06:34 AM
it doesnt sound ricy... just really deep for a 4-banger with a little popping here and there.

celicaGT90_05
02-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Go buy a grade 8 bolt.

agreed

ciento44
02-28-2008, 06:41 PM
the front engine mount bolt that holds the chassis and engine parts of the mount together keeps on breaking off... every bolt I buy just snaps in two and flys off the bottom of the car... its starting to irritate me... does anyone know the CORRECT bolt for this piece?

If by "bad ass" you mean like..... "butthole."

car
02-29-2008, 02:22 AM
I think my exhaust sounds ricey and it has a big leak right after the resonator, its put together with coat hanger. As far as side exhaust goes theres this damn green cavi in town that has them custom done, sounds like ass, at least he thinks hes cool