PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 5sfe

taibones
02-25-2008, 05:24 AM
thats right i have been toying with the idea of destroking my 2.2 5sfe to a 2.0
anyone know if it has been done before to this engine

celica91gts
02-25-2008, 05:31 AM
why would you do that? ur just gona lose torque. just get a 3sfe if u want a 2.0? not sure of why u want to do this so clarify a bit?

KoreanJoey
02-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Um... no reason to go down to 2.0 on the 5SFE, just buy a 3SFE...

celicaGT90_05
02-25-2008, 08:32 AM
as celica91gts said, by doing that you will lose torque, and also power because your compression will be lowered substancially. Motor power comes from a mix of bore size and stroke, I can say right now you wont be happy with the results.

beingblueeyes
02-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Doesn’t the 5sfe have a bigger bore then the 3sfe?? If so by destroking there 5sfe (and correcting the rod length or piston length) you would have a big bore short(er) stroke motor. What would be really cool to see is a 5sfe with a really really short stroke making it around 1.8L with a ton of flow work done to the head

taibones
02-25-2008, 03:29 PM
if you know anything about old muscle cars then you would know that a chevy 400 cid small block would be destroked to a 377 big bore little stroke it actually adds torque and some horse power the 377 destroked engine was used for track races the extra torque was used for coming out of corners quicker not many people know about the 377 but every one should know the reverse of this which is the 383 stroker. so anyways its not always about having horse power torque is very important to and it is also doing something that hasnt been done before and it not have been done before there is no way to know what kind of gains or losses there will be

taibones
02-25-2008, 03:32 PM
one more thing the set up is going to be a crank from a 3sgte turbo ect ect
pretty much i want to have a 3sgte with a 5sfe block

extremeskillz
02-25-2008, 03:34 PM
^Yea, but by the time your finished you could of had a 3sgte installed. Don't bother is my answer. the 5sfe if more efficent at 2.2 liters. Unless your not telling us your going turbo. then thats a different issue.

burnyd
02-25-2008, 03:53 PM
your going assbackwards.... if you want a 2.0l go 3sge if you want to have something thats generally top end. and it will be cheeper to swap than trying to do what your doing plus its guarenteed power.

A common stroker is a 3sgte with a 5s crank making it a 2.2l 5sgte.

Luni
02-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Yeah, there is no reason to destroke a 5SFE to a 3SFE. They already make a 3SFE, and it isnt as good of an engine.

What works on big blocks, doesnt translate over to us all the time. More often than not it doesnt. What is up with everyone wanting to do "something different" all the time?

Let someone else spend their money on shit that works and then give you the formula. Its already been done time and time again with success when dealing with these engines. Go with something thats already been proven effective.

celicaGT90_05
02-25-2008, 07:45 PM
your going assbackwards.... if you want a 2.0l go 3sge if you want to have something thats generally top end. and it will be cheeper to swap than trying to do what your doing plus its guarenteed power.

A common stroker is a 3sgte with a 5s crank making it a 2.2l 5sgte.

wouldnt that make it an interfierence motor? What are the results from that usually? You know what I wunna see is a 2.4l 3SGTE or 5SFE, I think that would be cool but no one seems to do it

extremeskillz
02-25-2008, 07:46 PM
^what combination would result in that?

celicaGT90_05
02-25-2008, 07:48 PM
larger bore and/or larger stroke, would probably make an interfierence motor though.

taibones
02-25-2008, 08:24 PM
i thought about doing the 2.2 3sgte stroker its $2500 for the kit straight from japan it brings the engine to 300 horses and around 500 foot pounds
and let me clear it for you all i want to take the 5sfe block put in the crank of a 3sgte and shortin the stroke and bore it out 20 over, get lighter rods and dished pistons and run about 8.5 to 1 compression then have the head completly rebuilt custom then have a ct26 stage 1 turbo slapped on running about 16 lb of boost. so in short it will be a 2.0 alum. block, with a big bore, and a turbo

ciento44
02-25-2008, 08:40 PM
i thought about doing the 2.2 3sgte stroker its $2500 for the kit straight from japan it brings the engine to 300 horses and around 500 foot pounds
and let me clear it for you all i want to take the 5sfe block put in the crank of a 3sgte and shortin the stroke and bore it out 20 over, get lighter rods and dished pistons and run about 8.5 to 1 compression then have the head completly rebuilt custom then have a ct26 stage 1 turbo slapped on running about 16 lb of boost. so in short it will be a 2.0 alum. block, with a big bore, and a turbo

Errr...... 300hp/500lbs?

As for your plan.... how about you just run a stock 3sgte with a CT27 upgrade on 16psi and make more power than what you have planned for probably 25% of the money?

VikingJZ
02-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Yeah those numbers aren't....right.

I would vote to leave the engine alone if you don't want to spend money and have been advised not to destroke your engine.

Newbster
02-26-2008, 03:45 AM
On the other hand, what if you made a 5sfe a 2.4L?

MrWOT
02-26-2008, 04:06 AM
You've got that backwards there bud. Longer stroke means the throw is further away from the crank centerline, gives more mechanical leverage = more torque everywhere. Only way it would make more power by lowering displacement is if the heads/manifolds weren't up to par.

You can up the horsepower, possibly, if you shorten the stroke, but only by spinning the motor higher.

celicaGT90_05
02-26-2008, 04:23 AM
^ while we're having a little lesson here, I'm just gonna add that larger bore gives you more surface area, which also equals more force during the combustion cycle. The reason this is is that typical compression stroke generates 150psi(pounds per square inch), so with the larger bore you have added square inches. The plus side to having low displacement engines is that they dont require as much gas to operate, however, they also dont have much power at all

celica91gts
02-26-2008, 05:03 AM
On the other hand, what if you made a 5sfe a 2.4L?

i didn't know they made stroker kits for the 5sfe. if not are u talking about boring it out? that would be badass. if u bore a 5s out to a 2.4, resleve, and boost. wonder if that would be any good.

celicaGT90_05
02-26-2008, 05:48 AM
^ considering I brought it up, I should probably answer lol but yeah, something to that effect. I dont know, but I'd be willing to bet you could stroke it. The only thing I hate about stroking a motor is that it becomes interfierence. Boring it would be pretty cool, I'd love to see it done. I've actually been considering building a 3SGTE and stroking it and boring it to 2.4l, but am planning to just swap in a stock 3S before that

MrWOT
02-26-2008, 06:04 AM
Stroke doesn't effect interference. That is determined by pistons and valvetrain.

celicaGT90_05
02-26-2008, 06:07 AM
It actually can, because it can cause the TDC or the piston to be higher in the cylinder

Murgatroy
02-26-2008, 07:34 AM
if you know anything about old muscle cars then you would know that a chevy 400 cid small block would be destroked to a 377 big bore little stroke it actually adds torque and some horse power the 377 destroked engine was used for track races the extra torque was used for coming out of corners quicker not many people know about the 377 but every one should know the reverse of this which is the 383 stroker. so anyways its not always about having horse power torque is very important to and it is also doing something that hasnt been done before and it not have been done before there is no way to know what kind of gains or losses there will be
I built a 377. I have also built 383s.

A 377 is not built for torque. It is built to wind. You have a shorter stroke you wind more. Longer stroke is more torque. The benefit of a 377 is that you still get to use the 4.125" piston while getting a 3.48 stoke. There are companies that even make a custom crank now so you don't have to use spacer bearings.

A 383 is also a 377ci motor. It is commonly referred to as a 383 because after you bore is .030" you come out with 383ci. This is your torque motor.

It actually can, because it can cause the TDC or the piston to be higher in the cylinder

I am just gonna say this, your posts in this thread are WAY off. Changing the stroke with a proper piston will not lower compressions substantially, it will not create interference.

There is too much to go into here, but I have been building engines for almost 20 years. When you stroke or destroke an engine, you will also change the piston and most likely the rods. This is done to build the correct compression ratio and ensure that you are building the engine properly. Changing the crank is not the only step.

When I built my 377 I used 6" rods, stock SBC rods are 5.7". This meant that I had to have a special piston that matched the 3.48" stroke and the 6" rod. This still gave me a flat top piston with 0 deck height.

However, if you use too large of a domed piston, it is possible to have interference with the valves, but I don't think this will be an issue. Most aftermarket pistons, outside of high purpose race pistons are flat top, and most import aftermarket are dished.

celicaGT90_05
02-26-2008, 01:11 PM
I am just gonna say this, your posts in this thread are WAY off. Changing the stroke with a proper piston will not lower compressions substantially, it will not create interference.

There is too much to go into here, but I have been building engines for almost 20 years. When you stroke or destroke an engine, you will also change the piston and most likely the rods. This is done to build the correct compression ratio and ensure that you are building the engine properly. Changing the crank is not the only step.

When I built my 377 I used 6" rods, stock SBC rods are 5.7". This meant that I had to have a special piston that matched the 3.48" stroke and the 6" rod. This still gave me a flat top piston with 0 deck height.

However, if you use too large of a domed piston, it is possible to have interference with the valves, but I don't think this will be an issue. Most aftermarket pistons, outside of high purpose race pistons are flat top, and most import aftermarket are dished.

Way off? You basically said one of my posts was way off, but I was figuring if hes destroking it, the piston wouldnt move as far and wont have the same amount of compression, maybe not substancially different but still. But I know not all my posts are way off, or did you just not take the time to read them? And yes, I know you usually change the rods as well, but wouldnt only changing the piston maintain displacement? Plus I said it can create interfierence because I've heard stroking certain engines makes them become that way. If the piston isnt moving a greater distance than before, then the displacement would be the same would it not? Since its the amount of A/F that the motor is drawing in

burnyd
02-26-2008, 06:03 PM
wouldnt that make it an interfierence motor? What are the results from that usually? You know what I wunna see is a 2.4l 3SGTE or 5SFE, I think that would be cool but no one seems to do it

no, its a 3s head still its all in the way the valves work....

End results are normally from people who have ginormous turbos who simply just need more displacement to make more power... yes the tq curve is a little different... but I wouldnt recommend it unless going through a real serious build.

I honestly dont see a point to destroking a 5sfe.

MrWOT
02-26-2008, 08:52 PM
...And yes, I know you usually change the rods as well, but wouldnt changing the piston alter displacement?

No, you change the piston by moving the gudgeon pin location up, or you change rods for a shorter rod and use the same piston, or a combination of both. The displacement is unchanged by changing the rod or piston, the ammount of movement is still the same.

...Plus I said it can create interfierence because I've heard stroking certain engines makes them become that way.

The only way it can become interference is if the piston previously sat low enough to not physically contact the head after the stroke was lengthened, without changing pistons or rods. Which doesn't happen, because if you had that much room, you're piston to head clearance would be massive, completely boning any quench/squish area you have, and your compression wouldn't be so hot. There are however, motors that exist in which you can hit the cam if you stroke it, not applicable for OHC engines though. And you can also need to clearance the block with a large enough stroke.

I've researched a 2.4l 3S, it is doable. It is not advisable for anything over mild street duty however, would be limited to about 6000rpm if you want it to live a long life.

celicaGT90_05
02-26-2008, 09:13 PM
No, you change the piston by moving the gudgeon pin location up, or you change rods for a shorter rod and use the same piston, or a combination of both. The displacement is unchanged by changing the rod or piston, the ammount of movement is still the same.

The only way it can become interference is if the piston previously sat low enough to not physically contact the head after the stroke was lengthened, without changing pistons or rods. Which doesn't happen, because if you had that much room, you're piston to head clearance would be massive, completely boning any quench/squish area you have, and your compression wouldn't be so hot. There are however, motors that exist in which you can hit the cam if you stroke it, not applicable for OHC engines though. And you can also need to clearance the block with a large enough stroke.

I've researched a 2.4l 3S, it is doable. It is not advisable for anything over mild street duty however, would be limited to about 6000rpm if you want it to live a long life.

If your piston doesnt move any further, then you cant say its a 2.0 instead of a 2.2, because displacement is the amount of A/F the engine pulls in. One draw that I always understood about stroking was it pulled in more in to the chambers, but if it doesnt pull in any more then its still a 2.2 litre since all it did before and still can do is pull in 2.2 litres from you saying it doesnt displace anything extra.

As for what the second part you said was...Im lost on, because if the piston sat low, then no matter what it cant become interference because it wont contact the valves which is what interference of course refers to. I understand what you're saying about how compression would be lacking, and yes thats true if you reduce the area the piston has to compress (which is what I meant in my very first post in this thread) but I dont see how that relates to causing it to be interference. The only thing I could see this doing is causing the piston to smack the crank in which case the engine wouldn't even run

Also you say it doesnt apply to OHC and maybe it doesnt, but could you explain why? Im curious, but a lot of honda engines are interference

I'm not tryin to make a big deal of all this guys, so dont take anything personal.

Oh and keeping it at 2.0 is ideal for the 3SGTE? Why would making it a 2.4 not be worthy?

ciento44
02-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Oh and keeping it at 2.0 is ideal for the 3SGTE? Why would making it a 2.4 not be worthy?

Matter of opinion...

People do 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2 litre 3sgtes commonly.

I'm personally a fan of the 2.0. It's easier, cheaper, and still has no shortage on strength, and has a great willingness to rev.

Arguments could be made for the 2.2, because it's not that expensive, gives you some needed (in some opinions) torque, can still rev, and lowers spool time.

A 2.4, as MrWOT alluded to, won't hold together so well. It ends up having too long of a stroke, and unless you want to spend a buttload, it's not a good idea. To make one work and hold together, and have a large powerband, it wouldn't even be called a 3sgte anymore. May as well turbo a tC motor for cheaper.

MrWOT
02-26-2008, 09:36 PM
It's not the valves you're worried about, it's the head itself.

When you add stroke to a crankshaft, you are increasing the distance of the rod journal in relation to the crank centerline. That means the distance the piston is traveling is greater than it was before. Now, Most engines run anywhere from .070 to .035 piston to head clearance in order to maintain squish/quench.

If you increase the stroke, without changing the piston so that the gudgeon pin position is higher (so you can use the same rods) the piston is going to hit the head because the ammount you increased the stroke is going to be greater than your squish/quench clearance. Sometimes it's not viable to move the pin position due to piston design, so you shorten the connecting rods instead, same purpose.

There is a second problem as well. The bottom of the block only has so much room around the crank. The rods can start to hit the block itself around the bottom of the cylinder if you don't clearance it as well. The thing that doesn't apply to OHC motors, is hitting the cam with the rods, like you can do in a pushrod motor.

As for the piston hitting the crank, that won't ever really happen. You could never, in real life, make a motor with a stroke so long, and rods so short, that it would happen, not for use in a car anyway ;)

edit:

As to the 2.4l:

The longer you make your stroke, the higher the piston velocity is, because you're moving a larger distance in the same ammount of time. Inertia rises with the square of velocity, so by increasing stroke, you put a much larger load on the conrods and gudgeon pins. You are also decreasing the ratio of rod length to stroke unless you lengthen the rods, which changes the piston dwell time at tdc/bdc which changes the breathing characteristics. A low r/s ratio is great for forced induction, but at high rpm the piston will outrun the flame in the combustion chamber and power takes a nosedive. Also, the sideloading on the bore walls is increased as well due to the angles involved.

That can all be mostly overcome, but it wasn't worth it for the power gain imho

90blacktrac
02-26-2008, 11:19 PM
IMO changing the stroke is meaningless unless you can achieve a good rod piston height ratio, a long rod and a high set wrist pin increases piston speed which increases velocity, and high velocity is good for V.E., untill you get to extreme rpm conditions, but 8+ grand rpm won't happen on street cars(except for rotaries and miss-shifting hondas)

With this said there isn't enough aftermarket support for 5s and 3s to be choosing custom rod lengths like you could with a chevy.

just my $0.02

wow didn't even notice the edit to the post above mine, duh! :lolhittin

taibones
02-26-2008, 11:48 PM
you know that you cant really say how well this project well turn out the way i figure it no one has done it or came forward to say it was a flop of not i am and this project really wont cost me that much and if there were no real benifits to destroking an engine then i guess honda guys really wouldnt do it or any of the old tymers that started with sb chevys and ford engines so you can say what ever you want about it but until it is done none of you will know and by the way the hp and torque i posted earlier on the 2.2 stroker kit check it out http://kaferjca0.tripod.com/3sgteinfo.htm
and before i even knew that there was a stroker kit for the 3sgte i wanted to put a 2.2 crank in a 2.0 at least 6 shops told me it was not going to be worth it so the only point is that you never know it you do it and by the way all the trucks i work on are 6.5 destroked gm moters that have twice as much torque than hp

MrWOT
02-27-2008, 01:15 AM
They quoted that wrong. It's supposed to be nm not ftlbs. If you're just looking for a project, go for it.

taibones
02-27-2008, 03:06 AM
its just that the only way to learn is to do not to watch other doing and the thing is that when i pull my 2.2 out and swap in a 3sgte i will have that 2.2 laying around might as well try something different if the destroker is a bust it will be nothing but a learning experence so if or when it happens i will post the results i may get a lot of i told you so s but then again i may stumble on to something that other people may want to do its alot easier to get a crank then it is to get a front clip

Murgatroy
02-27-2008, 03:08 AM
Way off? You basically said one of my posts was way off, but I was figuring if hes destroking it, the piston wouldnt move as far and wont have the same amount of compression, maybe not substancially different but still. But I know not all my posts are way off, or did you just not take the time to read them? And yes, I know you usually change the rods as well, but wouldnt changing the piston alter displacement? Plus I said it can create interfierence because I've heard stroking certain engines makes them become that way. If the piston isnt moving a greater distance than before, then the displacement would be the same would it not? Since its the amount of A/F that the motor is drawing in
Rod length has nothing to do with stroke. If you go with a longer or short rod, you get a taller or shorter piston, thus changing only the stroke. The piston will move more with a longer stroke and less with a shorter stroke. It has nothing to do with Rod length. The only part of the piston that has to do with displacement is it's diameter. A 4" piston with a 3.48" stroke displaces the same amount as a 4" piston with a 3.75" stoke. Only the stroke has changed, and the stroke added 27ci. However, if you oversize that piston .030" it increases the displacement 5ci more. Thus a 350 with a .030" overbore becomes a 355ci engine, and a stroked 350 with a 4.030" piston and a 3.75" stroke becomes a 383ci engine.

The length of the rod has to do with torque. I don't know the exact specifics or physics of it, but I know from experience that a long rod motor will give more torque than a shorter rod. That is why most circle track motor builders will go with a 6" rod.

The interference of valves has more to do with the head design than the pistons. However, as mentioned, if you add too much of a dome, it is possible to cause interference. If the motor is built wrong, it will cause serious issues, such as using a piston designed for 3.48" stroke with a 3.75" stroke. This will cause your piston to come about a quarter inch into the combustion chamber, killing both it, the valves and the head.

I know that these figures are not Toyota numbers, but I have not experimented with their engines. However I have built dozens upon dozens of V8s, mostly SBCs, thus that is where my expertise comes from and those are what I will use for examples.

Murgatroy
02-27-2008, 03:17 AM
you know that you cant really say how well this project well turn out the way i figure it no one has done it or came forward to say it was a flop of not i am and this project really wont cost me that much and if there were no real benifits to destroking an engine then i guess honda guys really wouldnt do it or any of the old tymers that started with sb chevys and ford engines so you can say what ever you want about it but until it is done none of you will know and by the way the hp and torque i posted earlier on the 2.2 stroker kit check it out http://kaferjca0.tripod.com/3sgteinfo.htm
and before i even knew that there was a stroker kit for the 3sgte i wanted to put a 2.2 crank in a 2.0 at least 6 shops told me it was not going to be worth it so the only point is that you never know it you do it and by the way all the trucks i work on are 6.5 destroked gm moters that have twice as much torque than hp
Almost all V8 guys stroke, not destroke.

The only benefit to destroking is raising your redline. When you are taking in to account that with a healthy V8 you can easily make 1 horse per cubic inch, revving faster and higher is beneficial.

A destroked 5SFE is as mentioned, nothing but a 3SFE.

I am one of those old school guys that has been tinkering on Domestic Small Blocks for most of my life.

I have never heard of a gasser 6.5 liter engine, 6.6 yes, that is a 400ci engine. I have also never heard of a gasser having twice as much torque than horses.

This doesn't mean that turbodiesels aren't putting out these numbers, but gassers aren't.

I have built or owned almost any combination of Chevy V8 you can conceive. I have been doing this a while.

taibones
02-27-2008, 03:21 AM
its not a gas engine it is a diesel engine with detuned heads
and by the way i have to 6.6s one is a 400 sbc and one is a 402 big block

MrWOT
02-27-2008, 03:30 AM
That's because of the operational rpm. HP = torque x rpm / 5252, so anytime you are below 5252rpm torque will be higher than hp.

Murgatroy
02-27-2008, 03:32 AM
Gassers and Diesels are two completely different beasts.

A diesel runs are run at 17 to 1 compression ratio, a high horse gasser is run with C/R of 12 to 1 at the extreme side, most street gassers don't see higher than 10 to 1. Most production cars for pump gas run on 8.5 to 1 C/R.

The 402 BBC is badged as a 396 for insurance and legality reasons. In the `60s the Big Three entered into an agreement to not put any engine larger than 400ci into their intermediate bodied cars (Fairlane, Chevelle, and so forth) thus GM produced a 402 cube engine and called it a 396. I had a `69 Chevelle SS396. Fun motor.

taibones
02-27-2008, 03:47 AM
form what i understand the 402 didnt come out until 1972 and i was in the impala or other sadan which my engine came out of the difference form a 396 was a 30 over bore

celicaGT90_05
02-27-2008, 04:03 AM
Rod length has nothing to do with stroke. If you go with a longer or short rod, you get a taller or shorter piston, thus changing only the stroke. The piston will move more with a longer stroke and less with a shorter stroke. It has nothing to do with Rod length. The only part of the piston that has to do with displacement is it's diameter. A 4" piston with a 3.48" stroke displaces the same amount as a 4" piston with a 3.75" stoke. Only the stroke has changed, and the stroke added 27ci. However, if you oversize that piston .030" it increases the displacement 5ci more. Thus a 350 with a .030" overbore becomes a 355ci engine, and a stroked 350 with a 4.030" piston and a 3.75" stroke becomes a 383ci engine.

The length of the rod has to do with torque. I don't know the exact specifics or physics of it, but I know from experience that a long rod motor will give more torque than a shorter rod. That is why most circle track motor builders will go with a 6" rod.

The interference of valves has more to do with the head design than the pistons. However, as mentioned, if you add too much of a dome, it is possible to cause interference. If the motor is built wrong, it will cause serious issues, such as using a piston designed for 3.48" stroke with a 3.75" stroke. This will cause your piston to come about a quarter inch into the combustion chamber, killing both it, the valves and the head.

I know that these figures are not Toyota numbers, but I have not experimented with their engines. However I have built dozens upon dozens of V8s, mostly SBCs, thus that is where my expertise comes from and those are what I will use for examples.

wait murg...well to start I didnt say changing the length of the rods changes stroke, but stroke is the MOVEMENT of the piston in the cylinder, so changing the piston wont change the stroke but can cause a tighter compression, changing the crank with a longer throw would because it would pull it down more and push it up more. Thats what changes the displacement because it will draw in more air, and yes widening the piston will too. I know interference has to do more with the head, but if the valves can go down in to the cylinders then stroking up the engine can cause them to hit. Piston designs are what make them high compression pistons or low compression.

As to what WOT said, it not being the valves to worry about...well then I hope your timing is right and the belt doesnt snap, because you will end up bending valves and puncing through some pistons.

ciento44
02-27-2008, 03:28 PM
You guys make me sound stupid... from here on out, i'm just going to lurk in this thread, with just one statement:

It's not just misshifting hondas and rotaries that rev to 8k on the street. ;)

90blacktrac
02-28-2008, 03:48 AM
Does the 5s block have a taller deck?

90blacktrac
02-28-2008, 03:55 AM
You guys make me sound stupid... from here on out, i'm just going to lurk in this thread, with just one statement:

It's not just misshifting hondas and rotaries that rev to 8k on the street. ;)

Only pure honda sites and homemadeturbo.com are full of heartless e-thugs, you posted to learn and so shall we ALL! :bigthumbu

mig407
03-05-2008, 05:35 AM
the only reason one would destroke is to take advantage of the larger bore size thus building an over square motor....like formula 1.

mig407
03-05-2008, 05:36 AM
plus you can go up to a 88mm piston

grayscale
03-08-2008, 12:46 PM
As for boring and sleeving a 5s, Schmleff and his brother (IIRC) discovered several years ago that there is nothing to be gained from it. If you bore it enough to get anything useful from it, the walls become too thin and it must be sleeved, and once sleeved, you are right back where you started- or worse.

pokemeintheeye
03-26-2008, 02:20 AM

Aluminum? Where does the aluminum block come from?

jamal
04-10-2008, 04:08 AM
was wondering if puting a 2.0 head on a 2.2 block could not only result in lose of power and torque but also mpg or running rich ?

celicaGT90_05
04-10-2008, 02:34 PM
a head change wont cause a rich mixture, power loss depends mostly on the ability to flow compared to the one you have already, as long as the compression can still be performed the same way. I do beleive the heads have the same compression form, but I dont know 100%

taibones
04-13-2008, 01:29 AM
thats my bad cast iron block
thinking of another alum