PDA

View Full Version : Making a purchase...

supra97
02-24-2008, 03:56 AM
I don't remember if I told you guys this...but my second Celica ended up in an accident like my first, and was written off. Some stupid tard in a van changed his mind at a light and plowed right into me turning left.

So after a few months of not really having the heart to get another car, I've decided to buck up and get back in the saddle.

I'm looking at MR2's this time. Two of them I looked at today. One is pearlescent white with blue tint, and it's got 18" rims, it runs beautifully. The guy who owns it has babied it for 8 years, and the woman who owned it before him, the original owner, took amazing care of it. He just replaced the timing belt, water pump, and tires. The only thing I don't like about it is the mileage. It has 290000 kilometers. I know it's a Toyota though, it's got a lot left and since it's been so well maintained... The guy that owns it is just ready for something new.

The second MR2 is black, right hand drive (the white one is left), with 81000 kilometers on it. The guy has had it for six months, had to replace the alternator, and he's selling it to go to school. This one has the 3S-GE engine in it, where the white one has the 3S-GTE. He wouldn't let me drive it because he's uncomfortable letting people unfamiliar with right hand drive test drive it, but he took me out in it. He drove it really hard. I think that's how he always drives it. The other thing is that the black one is in awesome shape but it doesn't run as smoothly as the white one.

White one: 290000 kms, awesome shape, runs smooth, drives beautifully, wants $7000, left hand drive, turbo

Black one: 81000 kms, awesome shape, doesn't run as smooth, driven hard, don't know how it drives, fast, non-turbo, wants $8900

What do you guys think? Your opinions mean a lot right now...

yankee7568
02-24-2008, 04:03 AM
i would swing to the white one. turbo ftw and cheaper.

nyana107
02-24-2008, 04:08 AM
from the statements, the white one seems to be the better choice. it sounds like it's been better cared for. And the reason that guy with the black one didn't let you drive it is probably because the car's messed up.

supra97
02-24-2008, 04:14 AM
I think he didn't want me to drive it because I've never driven right hand drive before and I can understand that he might be uncomfortable with it. However I don't like not driving a car before buying it I mean when you drive it you can see how the brakes and the clutch feel and all that...oh well.

burnyd
02-24-2008, 04:42 AM
which ever one you get take many pictures with yourself in it.

Cavanagh
02-24-2008, 06:12 AM
I'd personally would go with the white one.

supra97
02-24-2008, 11:58 AM
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/car/574415662.html

Here she is.

yankee7568
02-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Oh cool you live in/around Vancouver? I lived in Bellingham, WA for 2 years. I went to Vancouver a couple times.

I would offer the guy with the white MR2 $5000 cash for it and he might take it.