PDA

View Full Version : ATS Romtune Group Buy over at MR2OC

Luni
02-15-2008, 12:28 AM
http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=286622

Get in on that if you wanna get a romtune.

Trance4c
02-15-2008, 12:33 AM
oh.. goo.. I sooo wanna sign up.. it is gunna be over 20 I'm sure.. that is nice. I just dunno if I wanna swing 600 bucks right now.. argh. I so want this.

Lagos
02-15-2008, 12:38 AM
Im holding out for the user tunable ecu thats being developed.

Trance4c
02-15-2008, 12:42 AM

Ya.. I myself as well. I just hope.. but I dunno yet.. we will see.

Trance4c
03-02-2008, 02:57 AM
Ah well, I went ahead and jumped in on this. We'll see what I think.

Trance4c
03-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Alright, my ECU is on the way.. should be received by Monday :)

Now I just need my engine back from Chico and I can really try out this CT27.

Playfortoday
03-07-2008, 01:55 AM
Really would have like to see ATS make this thread. :sigh:

Lagos
03-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Ah well, I went ahead and jumped in on this. We'll see what I think.

Nice. I can't wait to see a comparison to the jdm ecu.

Trance4c
03-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Nice. I can't wait to see a comparison to the jdm ecu.

Well.. I won't have a direct comparison, as I do not have a dyno of my setup with the CT27 prior to taking it down for engine work and returned to service before the ECU is put in. So.. we will just have to see how I feel afterwards. Definitely will have dyno's of all this in the next year as the engine returns from Chico and I get everything buttoned up.

Denver_whiteST185
03-09-2008, 06:30 PM

i haven't heard about this? other than stand alones, are there other tuning options that are being developed?

Trance4c
03-09-2008, 06:51 PM
i haven't heard about this? other than stand alones, are there other tuning options that are being developed?

Not really, other than the Rom tunes and standalones.. thats it. I personally have no issue with the idea of rom tunes running on the stock fuel. Though ATS has done a great job on the rom tunes with 550'cc injectors and TD05/06 setups. Anything beyond that standalone. The development of the user tunable ECU on the MR2oc has been something I have been following for at least the last year an a half. It looks very promising and I believe will be a good product. Though, when ATS offers a Rom tune in Group Buy format for only $600.00, its hard for me to justify any further tunes for a user tunable format in which the mods are minimal an would not qualify for a necessary retune or often user adjustment. Plus, added the wait time still to take place on this development, who knows when it could be. So.. I opted to just go with the ATS rom tune with my CT27.

I have messed around with a Hydra Nemesis on an MR2 T I put together, no.. I did not tune it, that was done by a professional. At the time, I was interested in this for my own setup, but.. with much smaller power goals (FWD.. its a bit limiting, no need to over build/produce HP) its overkill when a rom tune could be just as good at this mod level.

Probably more information than you were looking at, but there isn't much else thats available for tuning purposes.

Denver_whiteST185
03-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Probably more information than you were looking at, but there isn't much else thats available for tuning purposes.

yeah, i know its pretty much either ATS, or a rom tune like blitz/g-force/sard/etc. or a stand alone.

i was more questioning what he was talking about with the user-tunable ecu that he mentioned...

Trance4c
03-09-2008, 07:05 PM
i was more questioning what he was talking about with the user-tunable ecu that he mentioned...

Ok, well your question asked, "other than stand alones, are there other tuning options that are being developed?" haha..

Lagos
03-09-2008, 09:52 PM

http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=238426&page=9&pp=30
Read that. Its a long thread, but lots of great info.
Cliffnotes: someone figured out how to let us reprogram our stock ecu.

Lagos
03-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Im actually really surprised that our community never got into megasquirt. Its almost perfect for us since we are all on a budget and very tech oriented, yet we dont have a single person using it.

Denver_whiteST185
03-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Im actually really surprised that our community never got into megasquirt. Its almost perfect for us since we are all on a budget and very tech oriented, yet we dont have a single person using it.

there are a few megasquirt users on alltrac.net

what scares me away from megasquirts is the fact that it needs a new custom wiring harness, and im horrible with electronics. im getting better, but still...

Lagos
03-10-2008, 12:17 AM
there are a few megasquirt users on alltrac.net

what scares me away from megasquirts is the fact that it needs a new custom wiring harness, and im horrible with electronics. im getting better, but still...

Not really. You can reuse most of your factory harness, just add in things like a map sensor where needed. But yes, you would need to rewire your harness.

Denver_whiteST185
03-10-2008, 03:31 AM
Not really. You can reuse most of your factory harness, just add in things like a map sensor where needed. But yes, you would need to rewire your harness.

and thats what im very noobish about. in a few years, i'll probably have taken enough electronic's classes and gotten the hang on it, but id probably mess up my car horribly if i tryed to wire it myself, and new harnesses are hard as hell to find...

Lagos
03-10-2008, 04:05 AM
and thats what im very noobish about. in a few years, i'll probably have taken enough electronic's classes and gotten the hang on it, but id probably mess up my car horribly if i tryed to wire it myself, and new harnesses are hard as hell to find...

I guess my point is... that we have so many techy (and cheap) members, that Im really surprised we don't have a how-to written up about it that can get more people turned onto it.

Sang
03-10-2008, 02:19 PM

The cheaper you are, the more knowledgable you have to be to get things done. MS is a fine example of such.

MS-II is fine for those looking for peak power numbers, which coincidentally, WOT is also the easiest thing to tune for. I'd prefer an EMS that gives me the same power with as close to stock-like drivability considering my car will only be seeing WOT 2% of it's life.

I'd prefer to save, and spend the money on an AEM/Nemesis or rigged up gen3 PFC even if I were on the cheap. If someone can save and spend $1500-2700 on a turbo kit, they can save and spend $1500 on a quality EMS.

Trance4c
03-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Well.. one of the individuals from the Group Buy already received their ECU and did a dyno:

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=292319

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7myy6/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/ATSROM.jpg

The individuals mod list:

- Apexi intake
- ct20b with MBC at 17 psi
- Berk IC w/ EMS Powered coldpipe
- 3" eBay downpipe
- Blue Flame 3" exhaust
- Walbro pump
- ATS rail
- Aeromotive FPR at 50 psi
- Witchhunter serviced 440s
- and, of course, an ATS ROM tune!

Similar results should be seen with a CT27 as well. Both the CT20b and CT27 are near identical performers.

Should be nice!

Lagos
03-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Its a nice gain over the USDM ecu, but id still like to see how it compares to the jdm ecu.

Trance4c
03-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Its a nice gain over the USDM ecu, but id still like to see how it compares to the jdm ecu.

Won't be that much different, at that point both the JDM and USDM ECU's are beyond their resolution dumping fuel 100% due to the AFM door completely open.

Lagos
03-18-2008, 02:54 AM
Won't be that much different, at that point both the JDM and USDM ECU's are beyond their resolution dumping fuel 100% due to the AFM door completely open.

Not true kimosabe.
The afm can see a lot more air flow then people realize.
Look at his stock run of 240hp/tq. If the 440 injectors were 100 duty cycle he would be in the 10:1 afr range under boost.

Trance4c
03-18-2008, 01:11 PM
ah.. I dunno.. look at the fuel from the Rom Tune, its leaner through out the whole run except for around 5300 where the torque/hp curve cross. I wouldn't say its so much as a resolution of what it can pick up, but rather the values sent to the ECU in whatever range the AFM is at. Thats exactly the point though, the maps as a whole have been completely altered at this point. I think the only area you might see more hp at +12psi on the USDM vs the JDM is in the timing it puts out. In the end, you could eventually match that an I believe you'd see very very near results between the USD and JDM ecu. I'd say the variance would only be in the 5-10hp range. Now we're talking ambient temperatures, exhaust size, etc. Lots of things can make that much of a variance in a dyno run.

I dunno.. we can only wait an see haha. I'll do a dyno at the same settings my initial dyno was done on the stock CT26 and stock ECU. Then maybe we'll find something, but I really can't see it being much different than the graph above.

Trance4c
04-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Still awaiting from ATS, they have kept a nice update on where ECU's are at in their rom tune process on the MR2OC. I'm about #2 in line, but I knew it would be awhile anyways as the old school single board ECU's only found in the early 90's versions need a daughter board as well to connect I believe. Thats another 50$.. but.. whatever. Can't wait to get this rom tune and try it on a stock 3S-GTE CT27 setup.

So, hopefully not to much longer, I go to pick up the engine tonight :)

Playfortoday
04-30-2008, 10:36 PM
It would be nice if we can get the same updates here. Thanks for stepping up Trance.

Denver_whiteST185
05-12-2008, 02:17 AM
I got in on this kinda late, but my ecu is sitting down in texas as we speak. man, it sucks that we had to pay an extra $50 for them to put that extra board

any idea why toyota only had a single board ECU on early ST185s? i belive my car was manufactured sometime around 06/90.

Trance4c
05-13-2008, 02:19 PM
I got in on this kinda late, but my ecu is sitting down in texas as we speak. man, it sucks that we had to pay an extra $50 for them to put that extra board

any idea why toyota only had a single board ECU on early ST185s? i belive my car was manufactured sometime around 06/90.

Ya, mine was made in 9/90 so they are both a first generation run. It seems only those ECU's were single boards. Not to worry though, I believe since this is through the group buy we will only be charged the regular amount. I'm pretty sure ATS will take care of us few Celica owners this time around :)

I received my notice yesterday which I will pay today for my final payment. w00t!

Really can't wait to get my injectors back from Witchhunter from being cleaned, that is all I'm waiting for until I put my car all back together. Hope to have some initial impressions in a couple months. I'm going for an immediate base dyno run on stock boost once I am sure everything is running right. Then as things move on I hope to provide ctech with more dyno's as I up the boost. Should be a nice year :bigthumbu

Denver_whiteST185
05-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Well, they charged me an extra $50 for the daughter board on top of the $600 group buy price. I paid in full already though...

hey, my injectors are at witchhunter too, lol. Are you getting ats to bore your fuel rail out too? i figure that since trevor on Alltrac.net made 500+ hp on a modified rail, i think it can handle the 250ish im shooting for, although im planning on running a aeromotive fpr whenever i start tuning it for more than 15 psi

Trance4c
05-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Well, they charged me an extra $50 for the daughter board on top of the $600 group buy price. I paid in full already though...

hey, my injectors are at witchhunter too, lol. Are you getting ats to bore your fuel rail out too? i figure that since trevor on Alltrac.net made 500+ hp on a modified rail, i think it can handle the 250ish im shooting for, although im planning on running a aeromotive fpr whenever i start tuning it for more than 15 psi

I've been on the bored rail for the past 3 years. It was one of the first mods next to my Supra TT Fuel pump only a year after I first did the swap in mid '02.

Trance4c
05-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Alriiiggghhhtttt!! Rom Tune showed up at the door not but 15 minutes after I got home from work. Sweeeeettttt!!!

Denver_whiteST185
05-16-2008, 10:42 PM
now if they could get mine done...

when i called aaron on wednesday, he said that he wouldn't be able to get to it till early next week. originally he said he could have it shipped by this weekend.

speaking of timeliness, holy crap witchhunter is fast.

Trance4c
05-17-2008, 01:01 AM
Ya, no joke.. Gordon finished mine.

As for ATS.. ah, its been only just a little bit, but you came in on the end of that group buy, my ECU has been with them for longer, but I still didn't think it was that long.

Either way, I am stoked to have this in my setup this time around.

Trance4c
05-26-2008, 01:42 AM
Well, I have a concern with my ATS rom tune, awaiting to hear back from them.

It seems that a chip put on the board actually doesn't fit in the case. This causes it to touch the case, you can see how it protrudes and gives light through the case:

http://www.celicatech.com/trance4c/evo/romtune.JPG

I assume that the reason is due to the original ECU single board design that requires a further daughter board instead of the more recent dual board configurations.

I also feel confident that ATS wouldn't send it unless it was good to go. So I'm just waiting on confirmation from them before I plug this up and use it. The last thing I would want to do is ground a chip on the case and fry it. Ultimately, ATS will know best.

Denver_whiteST185
05-26-2008, 02:02 AM
i got mine on friday, and it has the same buldge. i think its fine though.

Lagos
05-26-2008, 06:54 PM
I would take that cover off, and line it with a few strips of electrical tape to make sure it doesn't ground itself out.

Trance4c
05-26-2008, 09:34 PM
I would take that cover off, and line it with a few strips of electrical tape to make sure it doesn't ground itself out.

Ya, not a bad idea lagos. Infact, I have some black mess packing material that is solid enough it can be cut by a razor blade. I was thinking of doing some strips on the casing to pull it out a few. Then put in a few washers to give the gap, and then include a strip on the inside. Just to space it, and pad it.

BoostedBlueToyotas
05-30-2008, 03:17 AM
Hmm, mine is in my car but I dont remember a bulge. Mine has a extension housing on
it. This is from a GP early last year ....

ATSAaron
06-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Sorry for the late reply. We've been completely swamped. The bulge on the back of the ECU is a relocated component to make room for the daughter board. The component itself is plastic so it can't ground out against the ECU case. Plus the case has a white plastic insulation on it.

Aaron

Denver_whiteST185
06-25-2008, 04:37 AM
trance, is your ecu still at ATS racing? they emailed me saying that they installed the chip wrong. i sent it back, and its been sitting in texas for a couple weeks, and when i called aaron, he said they still haven't fixed it...

Trance4c
06-26-2008, 12:02 AM
Yep.. I talked to Scott today, they are still awaiting the daughter boards from Techtom, though he did say their charge had just come through last week to ATS so they should be on the way. I'm not overly worried about another 2-3 weeks.. but if its another month thats going to start to get critical. Either way, right now.. I'm happy to wait.

Denver_whiteST185
06-26-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm not overly worried about another 2-3 weeks..

I am. i want to get my car moving again...

Trance4c
06-26-2008, 03:44 AM
I hear ya man...

Denver_whiteST185
06-26-2008, 04:01 AM
well that and im moving soon.

im really wishing now that i could just get it all refunded to me, and get my stock ecu back...

Trance4c
06-26-2008, 04:28 AM
meh.. that thought went through my head today too.

Trance4c
07-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Hey Denver, I gave ATS a check up call.. still nothing. I'm gunna give them another week or two and then I am going to can this and request my refund and a stock JDM ECU returned. I can't keep waiting and really, this should have been lined up when a group buy was setup. They should anticipate that these techtom daughter boards might be needed.

Denver_whiteST185
07-03-2008, 01:23 AM
yeah, considering i talked to aaron about how mine was a single board, and even sent him a picture of my ecu before i even sent it so that he knew what was coming...

im thinking no longer than a week from friday. they've already had my ecu for almost two months....

Trance4c
07-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Denver!!!!

Aaron called today, ECU is on the way back.. w000t00000t0t0t0t0t!!!!!!!!! :bigthumbu

Denver_whiteST185
07-04-2008, 09:08 AM
what?

well, he needs to refund me for the shipping still. WTF, he doesn't even PM me to let me know....

ATS is loosing ground very quickly that i'll ever buy anything though them again

Lagos
07-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Seems like the company is really slacking with its customer service. I mean, 2 months wait for a rom tune? wow. what if you need to drive your car during that 2 months?

Trance4c
07-05-2008, 01:50 PM
eh, I don't think its as serious as everyone makes it out to be. As some have complained before on the MR2OC board, I'll say the same thing -

1. Wait, be patient, ultimately these are reputable companies that produce great parts for our cars. The 3S driven world is not a large market, we are lucky to have the support that we do.

2. If your modding your car to this extent, you should be able to plan for the down time. If not, then you shouldn't be modding your car to this extent and you might need to re-think your strategy.

Granted, in this case.. 2 months I think is the longest one should wait on a rom tune, 3 months would be pushing it. So there is an expectation our vendors need to follow through with, but in the end if most of us are just patient, we get exactly what we were after.

Lagos
07-05-2008, 08:21 PM
i thought the idea of a rom tune was to have a plug and play solution with little to no downtime? :)

2months is not acceptable imho. That kind of wait would definitely be a deal breaker for me. I can understand 2-4weeks max, but any longer then that just tells me that the company has put the rom tunes on the back burner while they focus on new customers and other projects.

Trance4c
07-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Not to dismiss your objectivity Lagos, as I do agree as well.. but I need to take this thread and move on.

Denver - have you used your Rom tune yet? I got my car running today, though it is only running on 3 cylinders. I am afraid it is the ECU, I have compression in that cylinder, fuel and spark. Let me know if you have yours up and running yet. I will be contacting ATS shortly.

Denver_whiteST185
07-19-2008, 07:51 PM
yeah, it came about a week ago. i hooked it up, but i haven't tryed to start it yet since ive been trying to replace my suspension arm bushings with some superpro ones, and the stock ones don't want to come out...

Im shooting to have everything done & running by next weekend...

Trance4c
07-19-2008, 11:53 PM
well, I let the car sit and came back to it, now I'm on all 4 cylinders.. not sure what it up with that. I'm leaving it up to a fresh engine, valves might be sticky, rings might need to seat better, etc. Either way, there is only a small miss in it now. The car does not want to go into boost though, I will be working on it... its just very difficult when at the core I know the tune has changed so I'm not sure what I can and can not do yet.

Trance4c
07-20-2008, 03:04 AM
welp, I might have found my culprit, as disassembling the ignition system for inspection, the line from the coil to the dizzy cap, the line actually snapped at the metal prong going into the dizzy cap. Yep, that could cause issues. So, I'll replace and go from there. I was able to get the car fairly happy on off boost driving conditions. This is good news.

Trance4c
07-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Apparently this was not the culprit to my misfire. I have changed - cap, rotor, ignitor, coil, plugs, wire set, main engine relay, main EFI relay, O2, nothing yet has fixed this misfire and I am not showing any codes.

I'm about to try re-pinning my ECU plugs and use the 92 ECU that is available for me to swap and test.

Denver_whiteST185
07-21-2008, 09:15 AM
um, wouldn't it just be easier to find a 91-92 mr2 turbo thats local, and swap his stock ecu in really quick to test it.

i bet if you made a request on MR2OC or your local mr2 board, you could find someone...

Trance4c
07-21-2008, 01:54 PM
um, wouldn't it just be easier to find a 91-92 mr2 turbo thats local, and swap his stock ecu in really quick to test it.

i bet if you made a request on MR2OC or your local mr2 board, you could find someone...

I'll try.. we'll see who comes up.

Denver_whiteST185
07-23-2008, 06:48 AM
so, i got the last of the parts to put my suspension back together today. im shooting for having it done friday, but that might not happen (calc test friday morning, and alot of studying before then)

once the car is back on all fours, i'll see how she runs...

Trance4c
07-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Good luck Denver.. I'm still having the same issues.

Denver_whiteST185
07-23-2008, 04:56 PM
your telling me that there isn't another guy with a 90-91 alltrac or halftrac, or a 91-92 MR2 in florida?!?!?

Trance4c
07-23-2008, 05:08 PM
your telling me that there isn't another guy with a 90-91 alltrac or halftrac, or a 91-92 MR2 in florida?!?!?

Not many alltracs around here, and those that are I don't hear from anymore (closest alltracs are 60 miles) and no other half tracs than the two in my garage that I'm aware of until Tampa (250 miles probably). There are some 91/92 MR2's, and I've put a request out but haven't heard anything yet.

Trance4c
07-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Well.. I know ATS is the 'FI' forum sponsor and stuff.. but, I'm just going to throw this out there, it has not been a perfect ride here.

Not only the issues with timing for the rom tune, but I have contact Aaron and had asked 'where do we go next?' pretty much. I haven't gotten any replies, I've asked for either a stock tune chip, a stock ECU or at least ship mine back to ATS so they can install it an confirm its operations, but nothing. Infact, I feel that I have been left out in the cold a bit here. Not much support here at all.

So, in that time frame at least Lagos, one of our board members has stepped up to assist. He is going to have the ECU tuesday and will be able to use it and confirm its operations.

I don't think that is something extremely difficult to ask of ATS, but I haven't even had that amount of support. I'm at about wits end here, not sure if this has been worth it or not.

Denver_whiteST185
07-28-2008, 08:27 AM
well, if my car doesn't run after i get all my suspension stuff installed, aaron is going to get a piece of my mind, and a paypal dispute.

Denver_whiteST185
07-31-2008, 06:57 AM
unless hell swallows my car tonight, i suspension upgrades will be done by tomorrow morning, and it should be running (atleast enough to get it to an alignment shop) by tomorrow afternoon.

any luck on getting through to ATS about your issues?

90celicaGTX
07-31-2008, 09:05 AM

wut is this u speak of???
havent heard bout it?

Trance4c
07-31-2008, 02:05 PM
any luck on getting through to ATS about your issues?

Oh ya, Aaron has been active in my thread in FI titled 'my crapass car' lol. The ECU was confirmed to be at fault by Lagos and its on the way back to ATS as we speak. Aaron expects a quick turn around time and will be testing the unit on a car there are the shop to ensure correct operation before I get it back, again.

Lagos
07-31-2008, 10:42 PM
wut is this u speak of???
havent heard bout it?

Happy reading..
http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=238426

Trance4c
08-19-2008, 03:09 AM
Well.. I'm still trying to figure my cold start issues.. holly hell is horrible! Car wants to idle at 400-600 rpms very rough, at first sign of gas it bogs and does not want to rev up. Eventually it will, and I will have to hold it at about 1600-1800 until its about 170 degrees in the coolant. I have inspected the IAC, replaced it, with no results. I also show no codes.

Secondly though, and worse, the car has begun to not act as 'smooth'. The car feels like it wants to pull back around 3200rpm. No changes have been made. Not sure what to think, I haven't messed with it much lately though, maybe in a few days. I'll try to reset the ECU and see what happens.

johndgt4
08-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Holy crap! I cannot believe they charge you $600 and put the lid back on like that!!!!

Any electronics engineer should know that you want to keep moisture out of circuits like these at all costs!!

Trance4c
08-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Resetting the ECU has taken care of whatever was pissing it off.. after 4 cruises the car is not pulling back on light throttle and back to smooth operation.

Only two issues left:
1. rough cold start
2. boost creep from 10-14psi by 7K

Both of which I would assume not due to the ECU, but we'll see.

Lagos
08-27-2008, 05:10 PM
That boost creep is pretty much normal for a ct turbo with a full exhaust.

Trance4c
08-27-2008, 05:28 PM
That boost creep is pretty much normal for a ct turbo with a full exhaust.

Ya, the boost issue isn't so much an issue to me, only the cold start problem is. Otherwise, the boost will eventually be higher than that one day anyways, so.. doesn't matter to me.

I'll try to further diagnose my cold start issue laters, maybe the new timing sensor in the coolant neck is faulty? never know.

Lagos
08-28-2008, 05:20 AM
Look around on autoshop101. They mentioned something about shorting out the terminals that go to the time switch. This forces the cold start injector to fire regardless of temp. Might help with diagnosis.

How many cranks does it take to turn over? I remember when mine went bad, the problem would pop up in the summer. it would sometimes take 2-4 cranks before it would fire up. I tried a few junk yard sensors on it. A few of them were better then others, but none were ever really perfect. Even this morning I had to give it a second crank to start it, but most other days it starts up first try.

Trance4c
08-28-2008, 09:07 PM
ah, usually it starts off the first crank or two. I dunno.. I'm really not overly worried with this cold start issue, it started today and immediately went to 1K RPM's. Once warm its idle is nice at 750-800.

Overall, I'm fairly pleased with the car. I'm starting my reliability clock today, I'm expecting 1 full year of no issues. I'm not going to touch the car mechanically. I'll get a dyno fairly shortly and then thats it. After a year I might mess with the boost.. I dunno, I'm really not dying to 'speed' so, reliability is definitely the name of the game.

I'm still very pleased with the performance of the car now with the rom tune, its much smoother and more consistent. I got it on the group buy, so I'm alright with the cost of it, but I wouldn't want to pay any further for it. Though, I also have to keep in mind I'm not pushing it at all.

Trance4c
10-06-2008, 11:10 PM
So its been a bit.. engine is starting to break in.. rom tune is running great the car acts way better!

I'm amazed at it now really, completely more consistent. Awesome through out it all.. this is what it was missing on my mild bolt ons.

Trance4c
01-08-2009, 12:45 AM
I have been daily driving the car recently. 12-13psi maybe.. once or twice. I run the car mainly on 10psi tops, but I hardly run that way. Getting toward 0 the timing is good and the car floats. As I start to build a couple pounds its free flowing, best running it has ever been. I am on my AFM currently, but the rom tune has this car spot on. If I had to drive a rom tune or not car, I'd take a rom tune every day.

The car with the rom tune though is very limited, but over all driving is incredibly better. I am very interested to get some race gas and find out what that map is all about. Besides the fact that I'm good and tuned for 17psi on pump, wow.. I can only imagine how that feels. Major ++ on this work.