PDA

View Full Version : Rusted through unibody frame

zmile06
02-09-2008, 07:59 PM
I got a crxi SI for free it runs everything is ok some rust (it's a honda of course) I was wondering how expensive and is it possible to fix a unibody frame that has been rusted through? I want to get it fixed for a couple hundred paint it and drive it for a daily.

Hookecho
02-09-2008, 08:04 PM
ahh, crx si, i have one myself. what year is it? the cost to repair rust damage is going to depend on the amount of damage and difficulty to fix. it can be done though. where exactly is the rust located? get some pics if you can and let us have a look.

zmile06
02-09-2008, 11:55 PM
I'll post up detailed pics and stuff later, I've always wanted a crx and i want this one to be mine... It's a good started it is rusted through on the rear quarters but thats a 100 dollar fix with some bondo or something. Not too worried.... Glad i KNOW it can be fixed... It's going to be my project car.

celicaGT90_05
02-10-2008, 12:09 AM
I love CRX's, I almost bought one a year or 2 ago til I lost my job at the time. It wasnt an SI, but it was a fun car. Ever since then I've grown a love for the CRX, I'd love to find one to fix up

donteatbugs
02-10-2008, 12:26 AM
my buddy has one he's putting a b18 in, i get to help him a lot it seems