PDA

View Full Version : I hate truck drivers!!!

Chodaboy
02-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Ok, so this morning i took my '02 GT to the dealer to get them to diagnose a weird engine noise i've been hearing. Probably a loose heat shield but they had to take it on a road test just to make sure.
While they had it on a road test it apparently got smashed by a tractor-trailer while at a red light.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/chinard/0117432001.jpg

So to make things worse, the truck driver decided to bolt. The mechanic who was driving my car tried to chase down the truck to get the license off the cab instead of the trailer license, but the truck kept blocking them to try to hide the truck plates. (didnt work btw.. they got the plates anyways)

Because it was a hit and run, and all the liability issues they cant even start repairing it until the investigation is done sometime next week.
Initial estimates are about $5800 in damage and thats just on the body alone. The truck's back wheel ran over the front corner so there's gonna be some alignment issues.
..Oh yeah.. to make things worse, thats the wheel well that my CAI is in :eek:

So after spending all day dealing with insurance, police, dealership i had to deal with all car rental places to get a last minute renal at the end of the day on a friday (8 places downtown were completely sold out)

fuckign hell i need a drink!

burnyd
02-09-2008, 12:04 AM
well that sucks.......

celica91gts
02-09-2008, 12:12 AM
holy hell. i wonder what would have happened if the guy didnt get his plates. would the dealer be liable?

celicaGT90_05
02-09-2008, 12:36 AM
at least they did get the plate, so hopefully there wont be any expenses to you

Ghosty
02-09-2008, 12:41 AM
I'm glad they got the plates of that fucker. It shouldn't be long until they track him down, and then he'll have to answer to charges of fleeing the scene of an accident.

Dumb fuck.

Most truckers are alright, though. Just a few of them are dumb as hell, and when those guys get behind something that has eighteen wheels it makes a bad situation worse.

Will somebody get this man a drink!?!?!

EDIT: You know, this may be one of those cases where the sportiness of the celica saved the day! Do you think they would have been able to outmaneuver and take the plates otherwise?

burnyd
02-09-2008, 12:53 AM
hope the dealer finds the weird noise btw

zmile06
02-09-2008, 03:32 AM
I almost had a trucker merge into my celica a month ago... HE SAW ME, decided to MAKE me come to a stop. There is like 30-20 feet of space to get over and switch from 75 to 70. I just got off the exit ramp and like a good driver decide to stay in my lane until out of the construction zone. This semi sees me decides to fucking haul ass and cut me off. The thing is i was next to his rear end. So he pulls over turns on his turn signals last second. Then i see this guys cab turning in front of me i'm like WTF? hit my breaks hard and just go wtf is wrong with people. I was going to work or i would of followed him and called the cops. If i would of went straight and not noticed him do his last second bull crap i would of hit his ass and he would be buying me a new car, and out of a job. I should of reported him even if i was late for work... That guy was a douche bag, sees me instead of slowing down he guns it wtf? 18 wheeler dumbass..

Chodaboy sorry for ur incident, on the bright side this guy is going to get whats coming to him. Anybody that hits and runs needs to be shot in the face:) And i'm being serious...

Toyota would be liable for the car... Unless Chodaboy signed something saying toyota wasn't liable for any damages done while under toyota care or test driving, a clause of that sort. Then toyota would be liable... Thats like me lending my car to ANY garage they test drive it someone hits them. They are liable because i wasn't driving the car they were, u can't hold the owner liable when they aren't driving. Unless your insurance company covers it some how... Like uninsured insurance, but then u run into the clause of who is covered while driving ur car... That all depends on ur insurance company... Insurance companies are really sneaky about u lending ur car out to someone.

But i would tell toyota to fix it ASAP, if they give u more crap i would tell them not to get hit next time. Did THEY pay for your rental car? If not i would demand to be refunded for it... Tell them they can take the guy to court for the cost, that u weren't involved in the accident that toyota should cover ur rental for the accident happening under toyota care.

Just my 2 cents man. I wouldn't let them do that week crap to me, u shouldn't have to suffer because a toyota mechanic got in an accident in UR car.

Cavanagh
02-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Damn...

Hookecho
02-10-2008, 02:59 PM
that's crazy dude! what are you driving as a rental?

Chodaboy
02-11-2008, 12:41 AM
the insurance is a little complicated because of the way ontario 'no fault' regulations work (or dont work as the case may be)
apparently whatever damage done to the vehicle is covered by comp and collision for that vehicle. The liability insurance is the one that is tied to the driver.
In this particular case its a little more complicated because the mechanic was not insured under my policy, so they have to do a bunch of lawyer stuff between the insurance company , toyota, and the police because it was a hit and run.
The one good thing is that the dealership is being really cooperative and they are going to cover the deductable and whatever other costs dont get taken care of by insurance.

It may be a while before i see my car again while this 'investigation' is going on.
As a rental they set me up with a chevy malibu.
i friggin hate it.
I got the rental just in time for this weekend's ski trip up to collingwood, and holy crap does this car suck in the snow!

geebes
02-11-2008, 01:17 AM
I'm sorry, that is supergay.