PDA

View Full Version : auto transmission question?

93bottlefedGT-S
02-07-2008, 08:45 PM
okay so i know how all yall with manual transmissions always replace the flywheel for a lighter one...

is this possible in an automatic?

a guy in my class said he did it to his 6th gen. but ive never heard of this and didnt believe him... and if it is possible would it help any?

burnyd
02-07-2008, 09:35 PM
its called a stall......

Newbster
02-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Dont try to mod your automatic....I have one too, our cars will always be slow. I've poured hundreds of dollars into "Modding" my car trying to make it faster. I probably got a measly 5-10HP and it is still slow. Stay ahead of the game and save your money.

alltracman78
02-07-2008, 10:53 PM
I guess it's possible to make an aluminum flex plate [auto version of a flywheel].
However, they are very light anyways, and I doubt a company makes lighter ones, it would be hard to do, they're also very thin, and you couldn't really thicken it.

93bottlefedGT-S
02-08-2008, 04:06 AM
so pretty much wat ur sayin is its not worth it! which i agree with Newbster my automatic is slow also with the 5sfe in it...

and will still probably be slow after i put the 3sge in it...

so my next question is this... wat can i do with out doin a tranny swap to my automatic transmission to help me out... maybe mess with my gearing or something?

im swapping a 3SGE in my car in the next couple of weeks, im keepin it auto do to the fact i dont have the money and probably wont have the money for a tranny swap... and considering i have 2 5th gen GT-S' and one is already 5 speed... and im wantin the auto one to be a roadcourse car, with engine mods will i have to do anything to my tranny?

alltracman78
02-08-2008, 04:35 AM
A 3SGE shouldn't blow your trans, assuming the clutches are in good shape.

Even with the 3SGE it's probably going to be slow on a road course with the auto....
There's no realistic way to change gearing in it either, your best bet is to save until you can do a manual swap.

You're going to lose that ECT function once you swap also, which will slow the car down even more....

93bottlefedGT-S
02-08-2008, 04:53 AM
i dont use it anyways...

wat does it do? noones ever explained it to me?