PDA

View Full Version : It started

skydog474
02-22-2005, 02:21 AM
Finally i tryed turning it over and it did. It went for about 5 secs then shut down. Did it again and shut down after about 2 secs. And then wouldnt fire. So we are just ganna keep cleaning things up and workin things out. But it fired. Finally so we will see when it will be on the streets . Yay.

Skyler

Trance4c
02-22-2005, 02:59 AM
Finally i tryed turning it over and it did. It went for about 5 secs then shut down. Did it again and shut down after about 2 secs. And then wouldnt fire. So we are just ganna keep cleaning things up and workin things out. But it fired. Finally so we will see when it will be on the streets . Yay.

Skyler

bet its your fuel pump just not being on constant.

skydog474
02-22-2005, 03:11 AM
New update. If you wait at least 2 minutes and try and turn it over it will for about 2 seconds. Then wont turn over again unless you wait at least two minutes like i said. any ideas?

There is one cable that i dont have hooked up. Here it is.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2130396600

In those pictures, there is a place connected to the turbo that i cannot find the line that goes into it.

If you could help me out that would be great. Thanks

gt_turbo
02-22-2005, 06:15 AM
that hose i believe is for your turbo coolant lines. and it probably has nothing to do with the way your car is running. it's suppose to connect to your water housing. but on an alltrac that turbo coolant line isn't suppose to look like that. it seems like you have an mr2 turbo coolant line. just plug T it into one of your water housing lines and it should be fine.

Keoni
02-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Like Clayton said... it sounds as though your fuel pump is not properly wired up. Did you use the fuel pump relay or did you bridge the diagnostics box (Fp and +B) terminals? If you did not do this your car will start from the cold start injector but will automatically die if the fuel pump is not working.

Also the connector that you are holding in the other picture is the connector for the speed sesnor on the tranny. If you are using a tranny that has a cable speedo then you dont have to worry about that connector.

skydog474
02-23-2005, 04:13 AM
aww yes that is one thing that i forgot to do. Now plese tell me again what i need to do with the fuel pump. I havent done anything with it.

Also im using the s53, do i need to worry about that cable?

Keoni
02-23-2005, 04:50 AM
http://www.celicatech.com/imagearchive/archives/swaparchive/3SGTE_Diag_Box.jpg

Use a paperclip and bend it into a "U" shape and shove one end into the Fp and one end into the +B terminals in the diagnostics box.
Do this with the ignition off. This will turn the Fuel Pump on while the ignition is turned on at a constant 12 volts.

About the speedo cable you dont have to worry about that at all. Just hook everything up how it was before you started the swap and it should be fine. The ECU might throw a code though but its not going to effect anything.

skydog474
02-23-2005, 01:15 PM
Thanks a lot. That all helped very much. Now one last thing was that nipple that i cant find what hose goes onto it right near the turbo. But otherwise thanks everyone

ChrisD
02-23-2005, 03:53 PM
Thanks a lot. That all helped very much. Now one last thing was that nipple that i cant find what hose goes onto it right near the turbo. But otherwise thanks everyone

That is your turbo coolant line. You need to make sure coolant is sent in there. Also make sure the coolant return is hooked up.

skydog474
02-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Is there a specific hose that plugs into it? Where does it come from? Is there one comeing off of the radiator or what?

ChrisD
02-23-2005, 11:01 PM
The hose off the radiator should connect to a pipe that is used to tap off for coolant. Did you not get a front clip? Anyways, yep thats where you get the coolant from. :)

skydog474
02-24-2005, 03:03 AM
Ok. Thanks, i switched turbos and it was on the original one that was on the engine. Thanks figured it out. And yes i did get a clip. Anyways

Now to that clip that im holding in the picture. Earlier in the thread someone said i need to hook it into my tranny. But like i said it is s53 so i cant plug it into the tranny unless i can just switch the clips from the 3s wiring harness and the 5s wiring harness then i could plug it into the s53. should i do that or just leave it alone?

skydog474
02-24-2005, 05:37 AM
Also, i bridged the two terminals in the diagnostics box and its continuing to do the same thing. Is there any way i can check to see if it is working or what. Can i check it with a voltimeter or anything.

Tom, thursday im taking it to the shop so we will see what he has to say and i will let ya know what happens with it.

ChrisD
02-24-2005, 05:56 AM
check with a volt meter to see if the B+ has 12V with the ignition on, when you connect to ground with the other side of the volt meter. Listen to see if you can hear fuel running throught the lines.

Check that your AFM connector is secured.

Did you extend any wires in your harness? Did you use proper shielding?

Sean
02-24-2005, 06:10 AM
Solenoid resistor hooked up?

Keoni
02-24-2005, 08:59 AM
What year tranny are you using? If you are using the 1990 GT-S S53 then it has a cable driven speed sensor assembly. Your front clip came with a electrical speed sensor which your 1990 GT-S does not have. If you have the speedo cable then hook it back up to the transmission and leave that connector alone that you are holding in that pic.

Check and make sure that you have everything hooked up correctly. The Air Flow Meter, Fuel Injector Resisitor Pack, Igniter,etc.

Good luck

skydog474
02-25-2005, 03:06 AM
Ok. i wont worry about the tranny then because it is a 1990 s53, thanks.

I took it to the shop today. He is just going to check a few things out and try and make ends meet but that thanks for all the help.

Also, how do i tell what year my engine is from. Isnt it something to do with the numbers that are on the ecu or something?