PDA

View Full Version : boost rises but doesnt accelerate

carlosfandango
02-22-2005, 01:32 AM
:wtf: been getting a prob as title, the boost is rising aggressively as it should but it takes eons to do anything other than boost, when it does begin to acellerate its rapid but the delay is ridiculous, its like waiting for a mobile tavern in the desert. rise in boost is smooth but theres no reaction other than lots of hissing and whirring.

any ideas?

185 is running with new style mongoose zorst, oz dp, blitz sus, piston type bov, manual boost control set to around 12 psi, oil catch can venting to atmos with a little cone breather filter, hks fcd?

havent got any boost leaks.

and i realy mean no acceleration at all, just seems to be in a time warp with nothing happening.

clues fellas?

carlosfandango
02-22-2005, 05:40 AM
bumpety bump bump bump?

nuclearhappines
02-22-2005, 06:04 AM
either no fuel
or timing retard

how's your fuel filter?
what do your plugs look like ?

-nuke

Luni
02-22-2005, 06:10 AM
Sounds like timing retard to me..

Hooligan
02-22-2005, 06:21 AM
Boost leak?

spoolin_gt
02-22-2005, 07:27 AM
i doubt that it's a boost leak since he's still boosting fine....one problem you could be having is the throttle position sensor....had this problem before and found out that the tps was loose..aniways..i dont think that it's sensing it properly...you're boostin...throttle opens up..but ecu doesn't read it all the way..so it's still maintaining at the same speed since it reads that the throttle is still on the same position..i would definetely check that....

-=DV=-
03-14-2005, 10:22 AM
my 165 does something similar sometimes....hitting full spool @750 rpm and the turbos hissing and screaming like an alien being hacked to pieces alive....its because my knock sensor is shorting and when it does it completely retards the timing and pumps all fuel and no air into my cylinders to the best of my knowledge...creating a whole lot of exhaust gasses and spool but absolutely no power....when this happens i just pull over....kill my engine....start again and hope the knock sensor isnt shorting still....you might have a similar problem on ur hands

Lagos
03-14-2005, 01:29 PM
the hissing makes me think you have a boost leak... what are your vac readings at idle?